Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1503352 times)

The Big Train

Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING
« Reply #12075 on: January 15, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »
Alex Smith is the slightly above mediocre QB that the Chiefs love as an organization

This is a solid victory Dax, you've been working a solid 6 months for this.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: January 15, 2017, 10:49:48 PM »
i told you guys this was going to happen

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: January 15, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
what was the steelers kenpom ranking?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12078 on: January 15, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »
There's no question the teams with the franchise qb's fair better in the playoffs. We've got Brady, Ben, Rodgers and Ryan right now.

That wobbly lame duck throw from smith on the 2pt attempt is a TD if any of those four fire that pass.

Alas, I think injuries on defense ultimately doomed the chiefs this year. We were playing 3rd and 4th string personnel at about 7 spots, front 7 in particular
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

« Reply #12079 on: January 15, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »
Yeah, the defense could only muster 16 points.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: January 16, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
Difference between a great QB and a safe QB.  We need to find a great one, or at least start taking chances.  Alex will never get us there.
Can't blame him that much.  Question the defense that puts a LB/DE on one of the best WR in the game, twice.

Alex did as much as he is capable of doing.  He will never be magnificent and Super Bowl teams have someone under center who can be magnificent, even if it is for a few snaps in a game.  Chiefs won't see a Super Bowl until they get their magnificent QB. 

Just look at what Big Ben had to do to even get the Steelers to the playoffs.  Look at what Rogers had to do to get Green Bay in The playoffs.  I'd call it magnificent.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12081 on: January 16, 2017, 12:17:38 AM »
Yeah, the defense could only muster 16 points.

Enough to win with the defense healthy. Bell tap danced for 170 yards and Ben was pressured like twice all night.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:55 AM »
Just got home from the stadium.

Damn. I'm so sad. This week is gonna suck

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: January 16, 2017, 12:25:25 AM »
I do this for Royals games but not for Chiefs ones

But if I had an interesting stat of the night it would be Chiefs had 227 yds of offense. Boswell's FGs went for 227 yds.

If that was mentioned already, then my bad.

Bedtime now  :facepalm:

The Big Train

« Reply #12084 on: January 16, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »
I've watched the "throw" by Rodgers a few times now, and he is pretty nonchalant about it.  Also very dismissive about its importance.

I understand how he feels.  Not getting into it, but he makes that throw every day in practice. When you do that all the time, it's not that big of deal. For anyone that has played sports, you know when you make a good/decent play. That's all this was.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: January 16, 2017, 04:27:15 AM »
Alex Smith is the slightly above mediocre QB that the Chiefs love as an organization

This is a solid victory Dax, you've been working a solid 6 months for this.

I wore the only red shirt I have yesterday, friend.   

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: January 16, 2017, 04:45:35 AM »
Difference between a great QB and a safe QB.  We need to find a great one, or at least start taking chances.  Alex will never get us there.
Can't blame him that much.  Question the defense that puts a LB/DE on one of the best WR in the game, twice.

Alex did as much as he is capable of doing.  He will never be magnificent and Super Bowl teams have someone under center who can be magnificent, even if it is for a few snaps in a game.  Chiefs won't see a Super Bowl until they get their magnificent QB. 

Just look at what Big Ben had to do to even get the Steelers to the playoffs.  Look at what Rogers had to do to get Green Bay in The playoffs.  I'd call it magnificent.

Slow your roll buddy, lots goes into this.  I'd question a lot about this team. Smith isn't in the top 3.  Terrible offensive game plan, especially when Kelce and Hill were taken away.  Wasn't until the TV announcers were making fun of this and suddenly Reid realized Maclin was still on the roster.

For me, game plans on both sides, time out management, and horrible individual play calls on defensive coverage.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »
eff Alex Smith and Fanning for defending him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wut

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: January 16, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »
Nobody loves him, dumb dumb. They're just invested in him. Kinda like that turd that Carolina rolls out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: January 16, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
i think they may have loved him when gifting him a $70M contract w/$45M  of it guaranteed :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12090 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
I stand by my statement that you could win a super bowl with Alex Smith and you could win a super bowl with Andy Reid but you can't win a super bowl with both Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

Chiefs should see if they can get Bridgewater from the Vikings.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: January 16, 2017, 08:30:11 AM »
Yeah, that's what starting Qb cost these days. We were desperate after doing the same thing with Matt Cassel.  :frown:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: January 16, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
I want a QB that stands tall in the pocket and doesn't pussyfoot around.  If he stands tall in the pocket and goes through progressions, he might actually go deep for once.

And our WR's suck and can't catch a cold.
Our OL sucks.
Our DL/Lb suck too.

Our coach likes screens and gimmicks.
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: January 16, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »

Slow your roll buddy, lots goes into this.  I'd question a lot about this team. Smith isn't in the top 3.  Terrible offensive game plan, especially when Kelce and Hill were taken away.  Wasn't until the TV announcers were making fun of this and suddenly Reid realized Maclin was still on the roster.

For me, game plans on both sides, time out management, and horrible individual play calls on defensive coverage.

I agree that in this game there were glaring gaps that you could argue cost us the game.  I would also argue that even though we gave up a billion yards we still held the Steelers to 18 pts.  That was enough to win the game.  We have seen these offensive inconsistencies all year.  Fantastic some games, and awful others.  Alex wasn't playing against the Steel Curtain.  It is his job to get the offense in rhythm and dictate the pace of the game that allows him and the rest of the offense to be successful.  Unfortunately that seems to be an instinctual trait, and Alex is a conservative play-it-safe type of guy.  This team will consistently win games but never be able to get to the big one because Alex isn't willing to take chances.  I mean throw it away on 3rd and 2 when we need a first down?   :lol:       

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »
I want a QB that stands tall in the pocket and doesn't pussyfoot around.  If he stands tall in the pocket and goes through progressions, he might actually go deep for once.

And our WR's suck and can't catch a cold.
Our OL sucks.
Our DL/Lb suck too.

Our coach likes screens and gimmicks.

Screens and gimmicks can get you 9-11 wins per year with competent players.  They don't win big games.  Clark Hunt is the John Currie of NFL owners.  Take the lowest risk possible to keep the stands as close to full as possible.  Winning some games is an input to the real objective.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: January 16, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
I'm so sad.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: January 16, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »
I'm so sad.

There is always next year buddy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: January 16, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »
Nobody loves him, dumb dumb. They're just invested in him. Kinda like that turd that Carolina rolls out.

Taking it personally as usual.

Sad

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »

Taking it personally as usual.

Sad

That turd got his team to a Super Bowl.