Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 48389 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
Hey pike, u should check out this coffee shop from seattle called Starbucks, pretty sure they are in KS now.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2013, 11:14:44 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »
PIPE is an ultra loser, but I'm gonna need tons of coffee after this Brooksider binge
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:21 AM »
PIPE is an ultra loser, but I'm gonna need tons of coffee after this Brooksider binge

SUBSTANCE ABUSE MASTER THREAD

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Coffee
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »

SUBSTANCE ABUSE MASTER THREAD

No abuse, just love
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Coffee
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:56 AM »
coexist #1cat

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
Ok, I,m new to this thread.....just tell me how losery I am for drinking the free folgers at work? It ain't much, they just have them small styrofoam cups, I have been getting tired of those cause my mojo gets cold too fast in them so I just bring my own cup now.

Also, I have to have cream and sugar, they just have plain cream in the chowder....what ways can I spice it up?  Liquor? Or just some French vanilla or Irish cream? 

Ok, laugh away......and to all you people with your fancy coffee talk, bite me

Just pour a cup of black coffee and go back to your desk. It's faster, easier, healthier, and tastes better that way.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2013, 09:42:02 AM »
I was at Starbucks last week and the guy in front of me ordered a venti Pike Place Roast. He then went over to the sugar and cream and started pouring the sugar. The canister of sugar was completely full when he started pouring and he just kept it coming until there was only about 1/3 of the sugar left in that thing.  :sdeek:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:56 AM »
that is so gross. black coffee or no coffee

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
energy shots

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
energy shots

I like to save those for when I need them, like late night drives or trips to Vegas.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
energy shots

I like to save those for when I need them, like late night drives or trips to Vegas.

MORE LIKE 4 HOUR ENERGY!  :curse:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
Where does everybody stand on watching other people enjoy their beverage?  Like a coworker just really enjoying the eff out of a delicious cup of joe.  "Mmmmm, my beverage."  I'm not a beverage person myself, so it's fairly easy for me to despise this. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »
Where does everybody stand on watching other people enjoy their beverage?  Like a coworker just really enjoying the eff out of a delicious cup of joe.  "Mmmmm, my beverage."  I'm not a beverage person myself, so it's fairly easy for me to despise this.

what about booze?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »
Seeing others enjoy what I assume is a delish coffee makes me want one.

Addict.   :don'tcare:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2013, 11:03:28 AM »
energy shots

MORE LIKE 4 HOUR ENERGY!  :curse:

:thumbs:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »

what about booze?

It's exempt.  I've never seen someone enjoy a beer in the same way I've seen someone enjoy a cup of hot coco.  Just a different experience for the viewer.  I guess it's really hot beverage enjoyment that I don't like, because they have to take it slow and really savor it and they're more likely to make enjoyment noises. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »

what about booze?

It's exempt.  I've never seen someone enjoy a beer in the same way I've seen someone enjoy a cup of hot coco.  Just a different experience for the viewer.  I guess it's really hot beverage enjoyment that I don't like, because they have to take it slow and really savor it and they're more likely to make enjoyment noises. 

the breathe in the steam and slurp and "mmmm". :D

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »

what about booze?

Wine ppl(snobs, not winos) are worse.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
I need a new one. Mine is a POS. which one did you get?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HI12H8/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

if you're willing to spend more, you can get much better, apparently.  this one seems fine to me.
can confirm.  I have the maestro plus which is the same model, they just rebranded it to the encore a year or so ago I think.

also I've gone through just about every type of coffee making in existence over the last couple of years so I'm somewhat of an unintended expert on coffee making...which is pretty ridiculous considering I only drink one 20 oz. cup every day (before I brush my teeth, bread!). the absolute most important thing you can do is buy good coffee and grind it with a burr grinder right before you brew it.  if you do that, you can pretty much tweak any brewing method (french press, espresso/americano, keurig, drip, etc.) to work for your taste.

I've pretty much settled on the keurig with freshly ground coffee in a reusable filter.  cheap, quick and good.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
i drink coffee in a pint glass on my way to work and keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work to brush right when i get there. also, i sometimes (sometimes) will take the pint glass into the shower with me.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »

what about booze?

the breathe in the steam and slurp and "mmmm". :D

Yes, all of those.  That's exactly it. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
i drink coffee in a pint glass on my way to work and keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work to brush right when i get there. also, i sometimes (sometimes) will take the pint glass into the shower with me.

How do you keep from burning your hands? Do you hold the glass with a tea towel or something?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

no way man

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »

How do you keep from burning your hands? Do you hold the glass with a tea towel or something?

it's not hot like you would think it would be, but also i always put two ice cubes in it. coffee is just too hot. different thread?