Author Topic: Strange emails i'm receiving on my GMAIL account  (Read 47753 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange emails i'm receiving on my GMAIL account
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
Hello Family!

We've narrowed down a space, a day, and are getting really excited !    We are going to get married in Brooklyn on Saturday, September 24th in the evening.   Another save the date will come out in the mail, but just wanted to at the least let you know.  We are going to block off rooms at hotels nearby, and will give you that info as soon as we can.

Really can't wait to share this event and the place we call home with all of you. The space is great, and its going to be an amazing party. See you soon!

Love,

R and J

also included pics of the couple kissing and their footprints on a beach.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
Saul from New York signed up on Ashley Madison. :/
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »
For about 2 weeks I kept getting emails about coaching 3rd grade boys basketball.  Also, was informed to not, I repeat not, stop at Starbucks prior to games as no drinks are allowed in the gym.  Weirdest part, it was for coaching 3rd grade boys (which I have none) at a school in my neighborhood.  What are the chances I got on some random email chain for something going on in my own neighborhood???

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
For about 2 weeks I kept getting emails about coaching 3rd grade boys basketball.  Also, was informed to not, I repeat not, stop at Starbucks prior to games as no drinks are allowed in the gym.  Weirdest part, it was for coaching 3rd grade boys (which I have none) at a school in my neighborhood.  What are the chances I got on some random email chain for something going on in my own neighborhood???

Thought you were Real Fitz?  :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »
I'm more interested in the coffee addiction that the intended recipient clearly suffers from.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 11:33:45 AM »
so, I applied to a job at a fairly high-profile company that would be pretty cool to work for. After a couple weeks, they say they like me and want to do a phone interview. I let them know when I was available, they told me those times wouldn't work, I give them more times, and I don't hear from them for a week and a half. I threw in one follow up email, still nothing.

Then today, the HR contact sends me an email with some internal accounting details by mistake. (apparently someone with the first name of michigan also works there). It also says that a new person is replacing her as the recruiter.

Kind of strange. Not sure if I should reply, because it would embarrass the crap out of her, but i think it would get her attention and i really want to work for them. (even though one of their employees fails at email).

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
so, I applied to a job at a fairly high-profile company that would be pretty cool to work for. After a couple weeks, they say they like me and want to do a phone interview. I let them know when I was available, they told me those times wouldn't work, I give them more times, and I don't hear from them for a week and a half. I threw in one follow up email, still nothing.

Then today, the HR contact sends me an email with some internal accounting details by mistake. (apparently someone with the first name of michigan also works there). It also says that a new person is replacing her as the recruiter.

Kind of strange. Not sure if I should reply, because it would embarrass the crap out of her, but i think it would get her attention and i really want to work for them. (even though one of their employees fails at email).
Some people live and die by that autocomplete feature.  Sometimes it gets deleted and they freak out. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
sounds to me like you just need to show up and act like the job is yours, then end of pay period take it to small claims court when you don't get paid.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »

Kind of strange. Not sure if I should reply, because it would embarrass the cac out of her, but i think it would get her attention and i really want to work for them. (even though one of their employees fails at email).

Don't sleep on this chance to get back in touch with them.  Obviously this was sent to you by mistake, but it gives you a great opportunity to get back on their radar.   :driving:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

Kind of strange. Not sure if I should reply, because it would embarrass the cac out of her, but i think it would get her attention and i really want to work for them. (even though one of their employees fails at email).

Don't sleep on this chance to get back in touch with them.  Obviously this was sent to you by mistake, but it gives you a great opportunity to get back on their radar.   :driving:

aren't you an architect or designer or something? or is that Paul Moscow? Or is it both of you? :surprised:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 01:51:25 PM »

aren't you an architect or designer or something? or is that Paul Moscow? Or is it both of you? :surprised:

I am not a designer or anything artsy, although I did happen to draw a picture just last night and I was accused of being metrosexual back when that term was used (off topic).  That seems like something Paul Moscow would do, though.  (So I sadly can't give you a hook up in that area, if you're fishing.)
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »
I am not a designer or anything artsy, although I did happen to draw a picture just last night and I was accused of being metrosexual back when that term was used (off topic).

wow, congrats. I have been described as a hipster by people who I don't think quite understand what a hipster is (one of which actually denied being a metro at the time). being a metro is much more impressive.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
I am not a designer or anything artsy, although I did happen to draw a picture just last night and I was accused of being metrosexual back when that term was used (off topic).

wow, congrats. I have been described as a hipster by people who I don't think quite understand what a hipster is (one of which actually denied being a metro at the time). being a metro is much more impressive.

both are elite, would take

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:08 PM »
SO EXCITED!  this will be awesome.

so below is our music list, and i also attached the entire worksheet that we gave to the DJamer.

Dancing.  We think we’d like a lot of pop that people know, including some funk, some older soul, 80's, old school hip hop, newish hip hop, some dirty hip hop, some Detroit booty house and more. We envision that later in the night will be the time for bumpin, grittier hip hop.

These are in no particularly order. if you want us to put it in order let me know. We may need your capable skills to pick music for the ‘older generation’ as well as slower songs.

Al green
Sam Cook

Michael Jackson: Billy Jean , ABC, PYT, Rock with You
Tribe Called Quest: Scenario
*Safety Dance
Prince: *Kiss, Little Red Corvette, Rasberry Beret

Bowie: Pressure
LCD Sound System: *Home, All my friends, Get Innocuous
Sissor Sisters: cover of comfortably numb
Snoop Dog: sensual seduction, drop it like its hot
Bel Biv Devoe: *Poison
*celebrate

jungle boogie
Gnarles Barkly: *Crazy
Outcast: *so fresh and so clean
James Brown: Get up, Popcorn
Flashlight
We want the funk
Brick house
Superfreak
R Kelly: ignition remix
Salt n’Pepa: Push It
Hall and Oats: I cant for go that

*Hood rat hood rat hoochie momma(definetely later in the evening)
*Beyonce- crazy in love, single ladies

*Justin Timberlake: *Rock your body, Sexy back
Rappers Delight

Slick Rick lodi dodi

Kid Cudi: poker face

*anything with the name “jessie” in it

*Lady gaga- bad romance, *paparrazzi

*Jay-Z - New york state of mind, Dirt off your shoulder,

*The Cars: Shake it up

David Bowie: suffragette city

santogold- say ah

kanye

T. Rex

Madonna- Like a Prayer

*Talking Heads: Wild life

Katy Perry

The Hora and other Jewish music for a medley early on in the dance party

Move out

Dont you want me baby

*Lionel Richie: All Night Long

Gloria

Our House

Sean Paul

The Clash

The Cure

The Specials: Little Bitch

J Giles Band: Centerfold

Ceelo Green: eff You

Joan Jett: I love rock n roll

B 52’s: Love shack

Duran Duran

Journey: Don’t stop believin

Stevie Wonder

My Posse’s on Broadway

Ghost Face--CherzChez le ghost

Flo Rida: Low

Fela Kuti-Zombie? or anything else from his endless cannon.

Gucci Mane-- Lemonaide

Old Dirty Bastard!--I got ya money, Baby I like it raw

Cousin Cole and Shop Boyz--Party Like a Rockstar sweet child mashup(cousin cole’s rock mix)

Dinner—there will be no formal dinner people will be eating throughout the night. Food stations, but no official dinner.

Favorite artists

We left this blank because we love so many artists, it was hard to pick a couple that are the favorites!

Do not play

Celine Dion

Clay Aiken

Josh Groban

The Eagles

Rod Stewart

Barry Manilow

Barbra Streisand

Billy Joel

Bruno Mars

Train

Dave Matthews Band

Any Country (Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood... etc)

Any “tween” or Disney pop (Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber... etc!)

"The Chicken Dance"

“Friends in Low Places” - Garth Brooks

"Old Time Rock & Roll" - Bob Seager

“Cats in the Cradle” - Harry Chapin

“Hotel California” - The Eagles

“I Will Survive” - Donna Summer

“YMCA” - Village People

“Macarena” - Los Del Rio

“Mambo No. 5” - Lou Bega

“Who Let the Dogs Out” - Baja Men

“I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” - Aerosmith

“Monie monie”

“We are Family”

“Shout”

“I've had the time of my life”

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Strange emails i'm receiving on my GMAIL account
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
Detroit Booty House????

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
who plays LCD Sound System at a wedding dance? 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
who plays LCD Sound System at a wedding dance? 

personally though odb-like it raw was possibly an odder wedding dance choice. i would deffy like an invite to this thing though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
Like you have to list YMCA or the Chicken Dance for a wedding DJamer to play it  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »
michigancat, i think God intervened on this one.  there's a reason why you got this email.  it's time for you to do something to save this disastrous playlist.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
also, if they play even half of these suggestions, this wedding is going to last somewhere around three days. good thing there are food stations and not just a single meal.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
Like you have to list YMCA or the Chicken Dance for a wedding DJamer to play it  :lol:

Those are on the "do not play" list. Which is strange because they are fun and great.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »
Like you have to list YMCA or the Chicken Dance for a wedding DJamer to play it  :lol:

Those are on the "do not play" list. Which is strange because they are fun and great.

oh, crap.  yeah, what a shitty dance.  I'm sure all the flower girls and little kids are going to have a great time out there dancing to that garbage  :flush:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
[email protected]
1:01 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
I met you at an open house a few weeks ago (4716 Yorkshire Drive, Ellicott City). I wanted to let you know that I will be there again on Sunday for another open house. If you want to see the house again, please stop by!!

Additionally, if there is anything I can do to assist you in your house hunting, please let me know. I would be happy to help.

Thanks!

Rob

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Smith , Realtor

Keller Williams Select Realtors
3290 North Ridge Road, Suite 150
Ellicott City, MD 21043

(443)574-1600 - Office
(410)241-3883 - Cell

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile