Author Topic: Matt Wells  (Read 4192 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Wells
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2024, 06:36:01 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=Tw0qsEhQ1NGfzXlR&v=9sU97GpSrRo&feature=youtu.be
Um maybe the fumble return for a touchdown followed by an interception deep in our territory followed by a 2 play drive followed by an interception deep in our territory followed by a 2 play drive followed by the most ridiculous punt return touchdown in history is where it went wrong

(Did not watch but I'm assuming that's the answer)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2024, 07:52:39 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=Tw0qsEhQ1NGfzXlR&v=9sU97GpSrRo&feature=youtu.be
Um maybe the fumble return for a touchdown followed by an interception deep in our territory followed by a 2 play drive followed by an interception deep in our territory followed by a 2 play drive followed by the most ridiculous punt return touchdown in history is where it went wrong

If it wasn't the answer, it damn sure should have been.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2024, 07:53:53 AM »
The experts are really trying to crack this mystery

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2024, 07:54:19 AM »

Maybe watch. It has nothing to do with what you're speaking about. Curry Sexton is breaking down a few plays that could have changed the game. They are things that those of us with untrained eyes don't see. It was pretty informative, for me anyway.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2024, 09:03:58 AM »

Maybe watch. It has nothing to do with what you're speaking about. Curry Sexton is breaking down a few plays that could have changed the game. They are things that those of us with untrained eyes don't see. It was pretty informative, for me anyway.
I need the hat that Cole Manbeck is wearing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2024, 09:43:27 AM »

it's a must watch for any casual fan to remind them how absolutely little they know about football. (this includes myself). curry is pointing out things i would never ever even consider.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2024, 10:47:51 AM »
avery clearly has the tools. but i think there's a few things making him playing all tight.

- i think the high of being seen as the chosen one and all that hype has gotten to his head (not in an arrogant way but who knows). any mistake will hurt that high, whereas any big play won't necessarily help it since he already feels like a million bucks
- avoiding hits. it's smart to do when there's little upside to fight for yards, but it's pretty well known he's trying to avoid any hit.
- wanting to be seen as a passer - added pressure, probably cares about stats at least subconsciously

or he's just young and not very good now. anyways he just had a very humbling game, so hopefully that loosens him up.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2024, 10:54:42 AM »
avery clearly has the tools. but i think there's a few things making him playing all tight.

- i think the high of being seen as the chosen one and all that hype has gotten to his head (not in an arrogant way but who knows). any mistake will hurt that high, whereas any big play won't necessarily help it since he already feels like a million bucks
- avoiding hits. it's smart to do when there's little upside to fight for yards, but it's pretty well known he's trying to avoid any hit.
- wanting to be seen as a passer - added pressure, probably cares about stats at least subconsciously

or he's just young and not very good now. anyways he just had a very humbling game, so hopefully that loosens him up.
Well said
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2024, 10:56:31 AM »

To my untrained eye he strikes me as a guy who is just overthinking everything. Like he's trying to remember the 1,000 coaching tips he got on each play. Kleiman has an excellent record of developing QBs so I'm not worried at all about him coming along over the next year or so.

Probably also worth noting that if he just had better outcomes on like 50% of the deep balls he's missed we'd be having a different conversation.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2024, 11:58:15 AM »
i’m looking for a potent, high powered, offense.  unfortunately, that always seems like it’s a year away under Coach Ham & Potatoes face.

every year we seem to be missing whatever key component.  it’s some pretty lame crap.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2024, 12:38:09 PM »

it's a must watch for any casual fan to remind them how absolutely little they know about football. (this includes myself). curry is pointing out things i would never ever even consider.

The play with the double posts was probably my favorite one. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until he pointed it out.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2024, 01:39:52 PM »
i’m looking for a potent, high powered, offense.  unfortunately, that always seems like it’s a year away under Coach Ham & Potatoes face.

every year we seem to be missing whatever key component.  it’s some pretty lame crap.

It's a damn shame

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2024, 09:04:48 AM »

The play with the double posts was probably my favorite one. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until he pointed it out.

I learned and enjoyed Curry’s analysis very much. Play calling hasn’t been perfect of course but after watching that I tend to think it’s far from being the rate determining step of our offensive success this season.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2024, 09:05:36 AM »
I started watching and just hated the way they both talked

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2024, 05:47:43 PM »

that son of a bitch matt wells delivered that potent offense this week!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2024, 06:04:05 PM »

that son of a bitch matt wells delivered that potent offense this week!
Confirmed offensive genius

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2024, 10:13:08 PM »
Always loved Matt Wells

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2024, 10:13:40 PM »
His jaw line is impeccable
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best