Author Topic: Shaking off the flood mold game thread  (Read 4504 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Shaking off the flood mold game thread
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2024, 12:02:27 AM »
The no call elbow to finister's face was very lol, especially when followed up by the phantom foul call on N'Guessan when their player tripped then the T on Tang.

Its only roundball though. We are a powerhouse football program again which is all that matters. I'm just hoping our hoops distracts me into mid march.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2024, 12:09:41 AM »
Perry is the only guy our team that flops. I can’t stand floppers.

Yep

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2024, 12:14:00 AM »
I hope I regret posting this, but I think Tylor Perry might be one of my most disliked K-State athletes of all time. He's not even a jerk or anything, he just has the most unfulfilled promise from any athlete since Bryce Brown. I do feel really bad for not liking him but he straight stinks. It's amazing this team is where it is given how bad he's been.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2024, 12:30:12 AM »
I hope I regret posting this, but I think Tylor Perry might be one of my most disliked K-State athletes of all time. He's not even a jerk or anything, he just has the most unfulfilled promise from any athlete since Bryce Brown. I do feel really bad for not liking him but he straight stinks. It's amazing this team is where it is given how bad he's been.

Mrs nicname and I agree, but on-court personality is def part of it. At least for me.

He’s like the anti-ksu guard.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2024, 05:05:53 AM »
You’re not alone, MIR.

That was the least watchable game I can remember in a very, very long time. We crept back only to never once take tge pead, the fouls goikg both ways were absolutely ridiculous. The sequence of the elbow to the face no call in light of all the other fouls, then the phantom tripping foul followed by the Tang technical was absolutely laughable.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2024, 06:38:10 AM »
I am still holding out hope Tylor is going to have an extended, months long 3 point hot streak.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2024, 07:19:53 AM »
This goober. Both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I saw that guy and thought “well that about sums it up”.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2024, 07:47:43 AM »
With TP, I have come around to think about him like this:

He is being asked to play a position he shouldn’t, but because we don’t have anyone else to do that right now, he has to. That sucks. It suck’s for him and us, but he’s doing what appears to be his best and I respect that.

Also, he may be a flipper but that guy gets after it. Last night, near the end of the game, he rammed a crybaby bitch out of his way and dove head first into our bench trying to save a ball.

I don’t know if this take is a good take, but I know I feel a lot less frustrated when watching him when I frame it this way in my head.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2024, 07:48:44 AM »

this guy is an iowa state fan's idol on twitter now, not surprisingly they aren't embarassed by this.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2024, 08:27:35 AM »

this guy is an iowa state fan's idol on twitter now, not surprisingly they aren't embarassed by this.
I burn with rage toward these monsters. I'm in disbelief that any human would be capable of disrespecting our coach in this manner.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2024, 08:39:16 AM »

I burn with rage toward these monsters. I'm in disbelief that any human would be capable of disrespecting our coach in this manner.

This looks like an SNL skit starting to tank...

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2024, 08:47:09 AM »
I get the frustration with Perry, but at least the effort is there.

McNair has to be one of the worst rebounding big men who play significant minutes that we've had this century. Bad technique, marginal effort, etc. At least 3-4 of ISU's o-rebounds last night were because he can't/won't box out - he just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him.

I can't imagine how badly we'd get outrebounded if Carter/Kaluma weren't great on the glass.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2024, 08:54:53 AM »
I'm hoping Colbert plays 20+ a game moving forward and McNair plays around 15 or less.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2024, 09:08:24 AM »

McNair has to be one of the worst rebounding big men who play significant minutes that we've had this century. Bad technique, marginal effort, etc. At least 3-4 of ISU's o-rebounds last night were because he can't/won't box out - he just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him.

I can't imagine how badly we'd get outrebounded if Carter/Kaluma weren't great on the glass.
Do you think it is an effort issue or a conditioning issue? Or is a conditioning issue an effort issue? He seemed to rebound and defend well against Baylor's bigs last week. He shouldn't do more than one dribble per touch, max. His turnovers rise exponentially with the number of dribbles.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2024, 09:35:40 AM »

jim carrey

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2024, 10:46:33 AM »

Do you think it is an effort issue or a conditioning issue? Or is a conditioning issue an effort issue? He seemed to rebound and defend well against Baylor's bigs last week. He shouldn't do more than one dribble per touch, max. His turnovers rise exponentially with the number of dribbles.

My brother's observation was that McNair should study and copy Ayoka Lee. Turn and muscle to the basket. Don't put the ball on the floor.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2024, 12:44:03 PM »

of all of the things, mcnair isn’t one of them
anything he provides is just upside

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2024, 12:58:02 PM »
Coach McSweaty at Iowa State has his guys well-groomed in the art of flopping, except he may want to watch Gilbert for whiplash - Gilbert tends to go the Hunter Dickinson route of extreme flopping.  Too bad coach McSweaty (seriously, when's the last time you've seen a POLYESTER shirt on a pale man with a whitewall haircut?) didn't pay attention to Tang when Tang wanted the fan nonsense behind his bench to stop.  I think K-State fans should give coach McSweaty and his team the royal treatment when they come to the Octagon. 

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2024, 12:59:00 PM »

The old school coaches all said it's 100 percent effort. I personally think there's skill involved in terms of anticipating where the ball goes, etc., but that effort does play a huge role.

We are currently 292nd in the country in defensive rebounding percentage and while it's not fair to McNair that he was probably set for a 10-15 minute off the bench role before circumstances changed this year, the reality is that we have a big who is playing nearly 25 minutes per game who is not a good rebounder and that's a huge part of why we're so bad on that front.

Last night, McNair had 1 rebound in 25 minutes - it goes without saying, but that's really, really bad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2024, 01:44:37 PM »
I am not one to complain about refs and do not think they are why we lost the game but holy crap this foul call and technical foul call

https://twitter.com/glenn_kinley/status/1750591339916640342

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2024, 02:00:39 PM »
I am not one to complain about refs and do not think they are why we lost the game but holy crap this foul call and technical foul call

Also lol that this reaction was what made the fans do the crybaby face

https://twitter.com/OurISUClones/status/1750374399067246970?t=WEBX4k0R-mjZqoq1HbqQDA&s=19

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2024, 02:01:41 PM »
SOFT

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2024, 02:04:28 PM »

Have you seen the video of the lead ref walking up the court staring off into the crowd when the ISU player is elbowing finister in the face?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2024, 02:18:10 PM »

The best part is that Gerry Pollard - he of an ungodly amount of awful calls - made the foul call, but rightfully didn't call the T on Tang. It was actually the effing ref all the way under the basketball that gave him the T. Even Pollard wasn't gonna go there.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2024, 02:42:40 PM »

Have you seen the video of the lead ref walking up the court staring off into the crowd when the ISU player is elbowing finister in the face?

What's wild about this is that it was wide open, mid court.  how did no one see this.  Not just refs, but our coaches didn't call a time out and ask for the reveiw, like they have before.  Just wild.

Also, ISU's coach seems like a piece of crap.