Author Topic: 2023 Cats football season predictos thread  (Read 2801 times)

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
2023 Cats football season predictos thread
« on: August 21, 2023, 04:14:31 PM »
We're less than 2 weeks away from the 2023 KSU Cats football season. Post your season predictions here!

Week 1 vs SEMO: W. next.

Week 2 vs Troy: W. This will be a big step up in competition, Troy finished 2022 ranked #19. They return their 6th year QB and their entire D line, however their best WR transferred to Oregon and they lost the D coordinator. Cats get the W without too much trouble.

Week 3 @ Mizzou: W. This game does concern me quite a bit. The game wasn't particularly close last year, but Mizzou got noticably better throughout the season, and has a ton of talent. They also have an offensive coordinator for the first time under Drinkwitz. Their biggest downside is the unknown at QB. It's Brady cook vs a few freshman fighting for playing time. We'll see how that works out. Cats pull out a W but it's not a cakewalk like in '22.

Cats go 3-0 in nonconference play.

Week 4 vs UCF: W. UCF has a nice running game, including their QB who was their leading rusher with 862 yards in 2022. They will be a pretty decent team in the big 12, and as it's the first conference game of the year won't be worn down from a tougher schedule yet. Cats better come to play.

Week 5 Bye

Week 6 @ OSU: W. Cats absolutely destroyed this team last year, and I'm not sure Oklahome State did much to get better. A lot of outlets are picking OSU in this one, and I'm not sure why. Maybe just blind faith in Gundy. OSU lost a ton of players via the transfer portal, granted they did bring in a lot of talent as well, but it will take some time to get this team up to speed. I think the cats pull this one out on a Friday night in Stillwater.

Week 7 @ Tx Tech: L. The first loss of the season. Tech is picked as a darkhorse to win the big 12, and it's a pretty tough place to play. Cats will need to have a special performance to pull this one out.

Week 8 vs TCU: W. KSU bounces back with a nice win against a tough TCU team, although not as good as the 2022 version TCU will still be dangerous. They lose a lot of talent in their starting QB, best WR, and best RB. Expect the new offensive coordinator (Kendall Briles, gross) to put up a ton of points with Chandler Morris at QB and Alabama transfer Trey Sanders at RB. Cats pull this one off in Manhattan, though.

Week 9 vs Houston: W. Houston will not be very good. Holgerson is not a good coach. This is probably the easiest game outside of SEMO.

Week 10 @ Texas: L. Ugh I hate Texas. I hate Sark. Ewers is a big weirdo. But, they're super talented and it seems Sark is putting it all together. Winning in Austin is tough and it's been about a bajillion years since KSU won there. It's an L.

Week 11 vs Baylor: W. Is Baylor good? I don't know, maybe? Dave Aranda was supposedly the best coach in the Big 12, but after a losing season in 2022 the doubts are creeping in. Was that an anomaly or the new norm? I think they're better than 2022, but not good enough to beat the cats at home. This is probably the biggest unknown game of the year in my book.

Week 12 @ KU: W. Oof I'm scared of this one boys. Leipold is the real deal, and Kansas has some huge momentum going into this season. If they can stay healthy they'll be a handful in Lawrence. I'm counting on there being a few key injuries and after the starters their talent really drops off. Cats get the 2 and keep the streak alive, but it's a close one.

Week 13 vs ISU: Farmageddon baby. Cats win this one bc half of ISU's team is in the slammer. Big W to finish off the regular season.

Regular season record: 10-2

Big 12 Championship: Cats play Texas in the championship and take the L as the longhorns walk away from the big 12 champions.

Bowl game: Cats sneak into a NY6 game. Who knows if they win, but let's be honest they probably won't.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Cats football season predictos thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »
I think we win them all.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 04:37:13 PM »
I think we win them all.

Appreciate your predicto!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 05:17:03 PM »
like 21-0, I bet.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 05:22:22 PM »
I think we win them all.
This is the correct answer.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 05:24:16 PM »
We have a relatively early bye week and then a gauntlet after that.  I'd lean more towards 9-3 because I'm not entirely convinced we can generate as much offense as we did last year without deuce.  Agree with OP prediction with the caveat that we probably drop one of the @ OSU or at home against TCU.  I also think @ Mizzou is what catzacker of olden days would call an absolute dog fight.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 05:28:04 PM »
The days are gone when one walks into the Hawk's Nest and walks out with an easy W.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 05:30:03 PM »
The days are gone when one walks into the Hawk's Nest and walks out with an easy W.

A W is a W
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 05:35:24 PM »
No reason NOT to be back in the Dr p.

Edit: NOT
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 08:08:21 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 05:36:38 PM »
We have a relatively early bye week and then a gauntlet after that.  I'd lean more towards 9-3 because I'm not entirely convinced we can generate as much offense as we did last year without deuce.  Agree with OP prediction with the caveat that we probably drop one of the @ OSU or at home against TCU.  I also think @ Mizzou is what catzacker of olden days would call an absolute dog fight.

Early bye week is a big concern.

Will Howard is going to throw like a bajillion TDs this season, so I am not concerned about the offense.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 07:22:18 PM »
No reason to be back in the Dr p.
I ASSUME THIS IS A TYPO!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 07:46:17 PM »
I ASSUME THIS IS A TYPO!

yeah WTF nicname. explain yourself

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 08:01:14 PM »
Jesus Christ nic, get ahold of yourself
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 08:06:04 PM »
That is the hidden front porch of message boarding, absolutely egregious.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 09:13:17 PM »
I ASSUME THIS IS A TYPO!

Concerning

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2023, 11:31:00 PM »
Drugs?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 09:44:59 AM »
No reason NOT to be back in the Dr p.

Edit: NOT
Redeemed

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 09:51:39 AM »
Nic is easily a top 5 poster on this blog site, and I've always maintained that. I have the receipts.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023, 09:54:34 AM »

I don't know how tough it will be to dominate a team that lost 7 of their last 8 games in the prior season, despite that team returning an awesome quarterback.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 11:03:32 AM »

I don't know how tough it will be to dominate a team that lost 7 of their last 8 games in the prior season, despite that team returning an awesome quarterback.

Some bean guy was playing during most of those losses.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2023, 12:10:36 PM »

Goes back to my point about the talent cliff after the 1st team.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »

i’m not ge’ing whenbi say beans numbers are as good or better than chase, I mean, jalen daniels

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 12:18:49 PM »
I thought Bean was better given the huge difference in competition the two of them faced.  Daniels has more highlight plays though.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 12:50:42 PM »
Unless they found a defense that can prevent our high octane offense from not putting 6 TD's on them, I just don't see it being close.  Our OL vs the KU DL is just not a fair contest.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 01:21:45 PM »
Sup nerds 9 wins is the floor. Cats win another Dr. P and place their flag atop the new Big 12. Suck it noobs.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023