Author Topic: How often do you lock your doors?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How often do you lock your doors?
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2023, 09:01:57 AM »
Lock behind me when I'm leaving my home/car vacant.  Hadn't locked when I'm inside one of those things until relatively recently and only home and right before I go to sleep.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2023, 09:02:55 AM »
Locks on every door, alarm set, booby traps at every entry point. Doggie SF is also a trained killer. I also sleep with a bazooka under my pillow. You can never be too careful in Shawnee Mission, KS.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2023, 09:11:13 AM »
everything locked unless i'm like out doing yardwork or something

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 09:47:24 AM »
I will never understand that mindset, and I grew up in So. Central Kansas. It takes less than a second to lock your car door, or door door. Why the eff not do it? Just to feel good about a "trust culture"?

Never thought about locking doors until moved to manhattan for college.

fun not locking your door in MHK fact: my roomate and I drunkenly stumbled into our MHK apartment one night to it being robbed and chased off some guy who had our playstation and some other crap. so, like, score one for the lock your door in MHK crowd.
My senior year of college I didn't even have a key to the house we were renting, some of my roommates did but I didn't.

One night I was very plastered after an night in aggieville and walked into my apartment to pass out. I was quickly reminded by the new tenants that this was no longer my apartment. My roommate and I had recently moved down the street.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2023, 10:01:46 AM »
I will never understand that mindset, and I grew up in So. Central Kansas. It takes less than a second to lock your car door, or door door. Why the eff not do it? Just to feel good about a "trust culture"?

Never thought about locking doors until moved to manhattan for college.

fun not locking your door in MHK fact: my roomate and I drunkenly stumbled into our MHK apartment one night to it being robbed and chased off some guy who had our playstation and some other crap. so, like, score one for the lock your door in MHK crowd.
My senior year of college I didn't even have a key to the house we were renting, some of my roommates did but I didn't.

One night I was very plastered after an night in aggieville and walked into my apartment to pass out. I was quickly reminded by the new tenants that this was no longer my apartment. My roommate and I had recently moved down the street.

Ha. I lived at Chase and came home hammered one night via cab. I think it was NYE so not many people around. Apartment locked tight with no way in. No cell phone back then. My friend was at his GF's still in Aggieville. Way too drunk to walk all the way back down there so I just started looking for lights still on. It was like 3 am and all the way across the complex there was a light on so I knocked on the door and a very nice Asian dude answered. He was at his desk studying and I asked to use his phone. He did not speak very good English to my recollection, but he was prob speaking way better English than me at that point. With no other option in my drunk brain, I asked him for a ride to Aggieville so I could get my key from my friend. He gave me a ride down there and we didn't speak the whole way. I can't even remember if I gave him money or not, but I hope I did. I hope he is a big time CEO of something right now.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2023, 12:31:03 PM »
why would you not lock your door as a neutral state? what's the upside of just letting your door male genitals wag around like a rough ridin' dog tail?

i don't have to unlock it when i come home.

also sometimes we leave the back door open so the dog can go in and out as it suits her, so it has to be unlocked for that.  and if the back door is open it seems dumb to lock the front door.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »
I never knew so many people didn't lock their doors.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2023, 12:46:55 PM »
one time back in the time before cell phones my car got stuck and i broke into someone's unlocked house to call for someone to come get me.  that's just one of the benefits of living in a high-trust society and abusing that trust.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2023, 12:55:54 PM »
one time back in the time before cell phones my car got stuck and i broke into someone's unlocked house to call for someone to come get me.  that's just one of the benefits of living in a high-trust society and abusing that trust.

Also lifting cigs (one at a time) out of your neighbor’s unlocked truck as a teenager. Sorry, former neighbor. Please forgive me.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2023, 01:04:43 PM »
Animals, the lot of you.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2023, 01:09:56 PM »
I used to never lock my house when I was out and about on a normal day but have been trying to get into the habit of it.

I never lock it when I'm home, it just never crosses my mind. Plus I have 2 really vicious mutts who would make short work of any unwanted visitors.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2023, 01:15:04 PM »
I’m a gun nut so I live every waking hour of my life praying to evangelical Jesus that someone comes into my house uninvited so I can shoot them. Need unlocked doors for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
Never owned a gun. Only shot one a couple times. Once at turtles. Felt v guilty.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:40 PM »
I’m a gun nut so I live every waking hour of my life praying to evangelical Jesus that someone comes into my house uninvited so I can shoot them. Need unlocked doors for that.

Same, i've "accidentally" killed every animal I've ever had after being startled in the middle of the night and waking up blasting, but one of these days i'm going to get an intruder. You just wait.....

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2023, 01:21:58 PM »

cell phone giveth and cell phone taketh away (in this case simultaneously!)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2023, 01:22:17 PM »

I kno you’re joking, but these types are some the worst obv.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2023, 02:14:25 PM »

I kno you’re joking, but these types are some the worst obv.
https://starandbar.com/products/bedtime-stories-for-unexpected-guests

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2023, 02:16:15 PM »
Smart front door lock auto locks door after 5 minutes or 1 minute after 11pm as I have pak'd friends who leave and don't lock the door. Garage auto shuts after a few minutes. Always have locked my car door.

I can't imagine not locking my doors even though based on doorcam footage it has never been needed.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2023, 02:58:55 PM »
Animals, the lot of you.

More like small-town Kansas boys.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2023, 10:48:16 AM »
My Dad grew up in South City Wichita so he would have had our ass as a kid if we left the garage door open or left a door unlocked. I still check the locks at my place every night even thought I only enter through the garage. We did the whole unlocked dorm room thing in Marlatt but that was only because my room-mate lost his damned keys once a week and he would constantly text/call me asking when I would be back. Dude was a rough ridin' idiot.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023