Author Topic: Huggins goes the way of most couches in WV  (Read 11356 times)

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Huggins goes the way of most couches in WV
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2023, 07:53:41 AM »
This is gonna get even more sad than it already is.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2023, 08:36:23 AM »
Kinda wild that like, let’s say a school wants to cab their coach but don’t want to pay his buyout…they could just like, have someone type up a resignation letter on his behalf.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2023, 09:54:44 AM »
Is this an elaborate scheme to give Huggins a second window of wild recruiting while outside of ncaa rules?    The first go round netted him a haul, turned Kstate around, and got him his dream job one year later.

Might be worth another try on his part.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2023, 10:15:18 AM »
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37981764/former-coach-bob-huggins-says-never-resigned-wvu

In his letter, which was obtained by ESPN, David A. Campbell, an attorney representing Huggins, said Huggins' resignation correspondence with the school did not come from him but from his wife, June Huggins.

This has gotta be awkward for his enabling ass daughter

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2023, 12:33:09 PM »
Feels like the play of a guy who decided he’s done coaching and might as well try to get a couple extra mil on his way out.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »
so, the ole drunk isn't going quietly.  my, my.  his fanboys - kurtz, fitz, the rest - how will they rationalize this, asking for a friend?  hang a banner, quickly.  after all, he save k-state basketball for all time.  and brought us frankie.  f'ku.  mf'ing wildcats.  bought beasley.  angriest fans in college sports.  language from camp lejeune.  hang a banner before they lock him up or he dies of an overdose.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 12:44:41 PM by surly »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2023, 01:34:03 PM »
so, the ole drunk isn't going quietly.  my, my.  his fanboys - kurtz, fitz, the rest - how will they rationalize this, asking for a friend?  hang a banner, quickly.  after all, he save k-state basketball for all time.  and brought us frankie.  f'ku.  mf'ing wildcats.  bought beasley.  angriest fans in college sports.  language from camp lejeune.  hang a banner before they lock him up or he dies of an overdose.
Jesus man, like, chill out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2023, 03:42:09 PM »
Wait, his defense for wanting his job back is his wife wrote the resignation?   Wild.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2023, 06:54:45 PM »

normal post from a normal poster
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2023, 09:17:56 PM »

normal post from a normal poster

He was probably just recycling some cans before he posted that. Perfectly normal.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2023, 09:39:39 PM »
You kinda sound like a rough ridin' loser
:adios:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2023, 05:27:46 AM »
Jesus man, like, chill out

Quit censoring everyone, mjrod.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2023, 06:17:59 AM »
What I love about that rant is it feels about 13 years late.

Just holding it in all those years and now is the time to unleash the beast

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2023, 07:59:43 AM »
What I love about that rant is it feels about 13 years late.

Just holding it in all those years and now is the time to unleash the beast

Right? And I feel like if I need to shout out, WE COULd HAVE HAD EFFING GOTTLEEEEEEBS, in like 2-4 years, people should respect that.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2023, 08:32:58 AM »
Feel a little bad for their AD.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2023, 08:47:27 AM »

I mean they knew what they had for years and also had a great opportunity to fire him with cause after he managed to insult both catholics and the lgbt community live on the radio

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2023, 08:57:16 AM »
I think they also have opportunity to fire him with cause now based on him being too drunk to know what state he was in when he got pulled over.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2023, 09:02:02 AM »

I mean they knew what they had for years and also had a great opportunity to fire him with cause after he managed to insult both catholics and the lgbt community live on the radio

yeah i agree. Mainly said that because he's only been on the job 6 months.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2023, 10:49:28 AM »
I think Huggs could make a PSA to raise awareness of ignition interlock devices to that the average West Virginian doesn't suffer stigma from having to blow into a tube before their car will start.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »
I'm sure Frankie is crying for Huggs today.

Bodhi44  Eer Sports
Posted on 13 hrs, , User Since 167 months ago
What surprises me is how many people appear blind-sided by this behavior. Taking a step back and objectively observing Huggins throughout his career, how could anyone not perceive him as anything but a complete misanthrope? His petulant behavior on the sidelines, his demeaning treatment of players, and scorn for even Tony's and Jay's interviews. The man has been an arrogant prick from day one. For some reason WVU fans found his behavior endearing. He has been a brute to everyone for decades, and now that WVU is no longer on its collective knees for him, his true colors show.

It was never about WVU, WV, or the Mountaineers. It was always about Bob Huggins. From the beginning, the man walked around like WVU should be humbled that he graced the University with his employment. That players should feel lucky to play for him. That the state as a whole should be honored that he "returned" home to lead his "beloved" Mountaineers. It was all a farce.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 11:13:42 AM by surly »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2023, 05:57:36 PM »
His contract may say that he gets more money if he resigns after a certain date, which would explain why he's saying that he didn't resign.

https://twitter.com/grindcitymedia/status/1678439916135657472

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2023, 06:08:36 PM »
What the eff happened to Gary Parrish. He looks terrible.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2023, 07:13:54 PM »
What the eff happened to Gary Parrish. He looks terrible.

Chill, he's damn near 50. You still picturing him with his fauxhawk? That was 2009

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2023, 07:26:16 PM »
OMG

https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1678542795785502720?s=46&t=odWzhuZU7P443NcVwlC1iQ

They smoked his ass. My overwhelming takeaway from this is that three days after the DUI he was driving himself, by himself? They don't snatch your license for being that drunk?