Author Topic: Huggins goes the way of most couches in WV  (Read 11136 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Huggins goes the way of most couches in WV
« on: May 08, 2023, 04:18:08 PM »
Bro is done. Hope Tang can scoop up some transfers.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Huggins goes the way of most couches in WV
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 04:21:21 PM »
Def going to be interesting to watch this.  I mean, WVU seems like the kind of place that might not immediately dump a guy like Huggs for saying that.

If they do fire him, he will be the new coach at some SEC school like 7 seconds later. 

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 04:22:20 PM »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 04:27:52 PM »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 04:28:37 PM »
Def going to be interesting to watch this.  I mean, WVU seems like the kind of place that might not immediately dump a guy like Huggs for saying that.

If they do fire him, he will be the new coach at some SEC school like 7 seconds later. 

That's really bad tho. He said the f slur twice then makes a penis envy joke. There's no locker room talk or walk-back for that.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 04:43:24 PM »
CAN HIS ASS

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 04:44:07 PM »
Was he drunk? Is he just always drunk?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 04:48:30 PM »
Glad we ran him out of town after 1 year
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 05:05:47 PM »

That's really bad tho. He said the f slur twice then makes a penis envy joke. There's no locker room talk or walk-back for that.

I am not defending it at all.  Just saying that we live in a world where Chris Beard can choke a person out and be hired like 2 months later by an SEC school.  Based on the variables here, it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »

I am not defending it at all.  Just saying that we live in a world where Chris Beard can choke a person out and be hired like 2 months later by an SEC school.  Based on the variables here, it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

But you don't understand. Someone snapped Beard's Walgreens readers in half ...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2023, 05:51:07 PM »
I'm guessing if Beard was caught on video he wouldn't be coaching. But unlike Huggs he has some level of deniability and interpretation of the incident.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023, 07:12:48 PM »
How amazing would it be for Huggins to get fired TWICE for behavior? What a rough ridin' loser.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »

Yeah, and he really didn't say the f word on a homophobic way. The only thing surprising at all about this is that he was dumb enough to say it on a radio show.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 10:25:42 PM »
Bill Cunningham who is his pal in CIncy is a major a hole as well. Seriously how could any school not can his 400 pound ass right away? I'm sure Whitlock and Clay Travis will support what he said, but no one else. Coaching search at WVU should be interesting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2023, 10:59:10 PM »
Bill Cunningham's twitter account is exactly what you'd think it is. Y'all know I'm not going to cape up for Huggins saying that, but Cunningham absolutely laid the groundwork by saying "I think it was transgender night" Huggins was immediately transformed to their nights at the bar when he lived in Cincinnati. Dude is obsessed with lgtbq, like weirdly so. He tweeted this, earlier this morning. Trans women never seem to be far from his mind.
https://twitter.com/Willie700WLW/status/1655562574283284484

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm not surprised Huggins would say it, but really super duper surprised he said it so casually (twice) on radio. Like, where have you been dude?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2023, 08:46:22 AM »
As someone who has to work the scoreboard or score sheet for my daughters basketball games against the "Catholic school" teams in their leagues.   CanCo

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 08:48:30 AM »
Bill Cunningham's twitter account is exactly what you'd think it is. Y'all know I'm not going to cape up for Huggins saying that, but Cunningham absolutely laid the groundwork by saying "I think it was transgender night" Huggins was immediately transformed to their nights at the bar when he lived in Cincinnati. Dude is obsessed with lgtbq, like weirdly so. He tweeted this, earlier this morning. Trans women never seem to be far from his mind.
Has anyone tried to tell Bill that it's ok to be who he wants to be and that if he want's to come out as transgender thats fine. Maybe that's the root of all of his problems.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2023, 09:20:46 AM »

Oh, that context makes it a lot worse.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2023, 10:13:35 AM »
As fast as Huggins came out with an apology that took full responsibility, I don't see WVU firing him.  Maybe suspending him for a certain # of games, though. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2023, 11:11:14 AM »
Yeah, with the recruiting class he has coming in, they'll find a way to justify keeping him.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
Is it still getting play on social media? I think it may have completely died 24 hours after it happened.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2023, 11:59:14 AM »
Did he not think he was live? Or just really pak'd?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2023, 12:21:51 PM »
Did he not think he was live? Or just really pak'd?

I mean the first recording I saw started with "coach you're live on the air"