Author Topic: PORTAL KOMBAT  (Read 72655 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PORTAL KOMBAT
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »
Get mumped Kim English!
Tang getting in on Mizzou hate week is delightful  :emawkid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 20, 2023, 11:08:24 AM »
Get mumped Kim English!

I want all the recruits for us, but I also really like Kim English. Hope he does well.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2024, 12:23:44 AM »
6-5, 180 pound freshman shooting guard Drew Steffe has left Texas Tech at the end of the fall semester. Supposed to be a good outside shooter. From Frisco, Texas, so staff ought to be familiar with him. (Speculation is he left TT because his dad got pissed someone slept with Drew's sister. Weird, like all TT stuff.) Lots of of PF offers and see him rated as 3 and 4 star. Just putting it out there.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 05, 2024, 09:14:06 AM »
6-5, 180 pound freshman shooting guard Drew Steffe has left Texas Tech at the end of the fall semester. Supposed to be a good outside shooter. From Frisco, Texas, so staff ought to be familiar with him. (Speculation is he left TT because his dad got pissed someone slept with Drew's sister. Weird, like all TT stuff.) Lots of of PF offers and see him rated as 3 and 4 star. Just putting it out there.

WRT Drew's Sister...if Marco Borne gon' get it, he gon' get it.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 12, 2024, 08:52:14 AM »
Who is coming back to the team for next year? Cam Carter, Dai Dai, Dorian. Anyone else? Kaluma is listed as a junior but I've heard he will be gone. I would be surprised if Buddy Rich, RJ Jones, Taj Manning don't portal out based on the amount of playing time they have gotten.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2024, 09:07:00 AM »
I'd wager Colbert is back. I would be surprised if RJ portals out but maybe.

RJ
Colbert
Cam
Dai Dai
Finister
Manning
Castillo
6 new dudes
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2024, 09:13:09 AM »
I hope rich stays.  He is obvs wildly athletic, but he hasn't shown any over the top skill yet, which is what you would expect to see from a freshman that would get much playing time in our conf.  Same with RJ.

I hope they have folks that help them understand that.   I don't think either would have gotten meaningfully more PT anywhere else at this level this year.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2024, 09:58:37 AM »
So we are thinking that Kaluma is gone? To be a Euroballer? For an NIL payday at another school?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 12, 2024, 10:39:34 AM »
It's probably me turning a blind eye to the portal era, but I will be sad if that many leave. I just feel like if you're jumping ship all the time, it will stunt your development.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 12, 2024, 10:44:29 AM »
So we are thinking that Kaluma is gone? To be a Euroballer? For an NIL payday at another school?

Yes he will go pro in some fashion. If NBA doesn't want him then Europe.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 12, 2024, 11:40:43 AM »
RJ-D2 aren’t (isn’t) going anywhere

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 12, 2024, 12:16:49 PM »
Who is coming back to the team for next year? Cam Carter, Dai Dai, Dorian. Anyone else? Kaluma is listed as a junior but I've heard he will be gone. I would be surprised if Buddy Rich, RJ Jones, Taj Manning don't portal out based on the amount of playing time they have gotten.
come on man.  what a dumb comment. we may see a dude or two leave but it won’t be due to lack of playing time for true freshman.

our staff has built relationships with these players and their families.  there’s nothing but minutes on the floor to be earned and it’s not like the staff is out there recruiting over any of them.

our staff develops guards, it’s what they do.  transferring out solves nothing.  dorian knew it and has put in the work.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 12, 2024, 12:30:05 PM »
IMO, what we need to have a better team next year is:
1. Doran, Dai Dai, and Colbert to continue on the arc their improvement has taken so far
2. Portal in a PG that is seasoned, or Ques stays and plays that role
3. Portal in a big that is ready for minutes.  With Will gone, we need someone that can swap time with Colbert.
4. Portal in some points.  If Kaluma leaves, we have to find points.  With him and TP gone, at that point, we have to find something like 1/3rd of our points out of who is left or from the portal. 

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2024, 12:52:31 PM »
That's also assuming an SEC team doesn't throw a bag at Cam. I think it's going to be an uphill climb for Tang to nail the portal this year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2024, 12:57:58 PM »
That's also assuming an SEC team doesn't throw a bag at Cam. I think it's going to be an uphill climb for Tang to nail the portal this year.

Outside looking in, Cam is as bought in as anyone ever has been. 

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2024, 01:19:28 PM »
So was Kobe Savage until Oregon threw a bag of cash at him. New world out there, but I definitely hope to see Cam back next year. I would like to see DNG too but he's probably a risk as well, I could see him getting a Massoud type deal to really help someone next year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2024, 01:22:26 PM »
So was Kobe Savage until Oregon threw a bag of cash at him. New world out there, but I definitely hope to see Cam back next year. I would like to see DNG too but he's probably a risk as well, I could see him getting a Massoud type deal to really help someone next year.

Isn't N'Guessan out of eligibility? If not, I certainly want him and Cam back. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 12, 2024, 03:06:04 PM »
come on man.  what a dumb comment. we may see a dude or two leave but it won’t be due to lack of playing time for true freshman.

our staff has built relationships with these players and their families.  there’s nothing but minutes on the floor to be earned and it’s not like the staff is out there recruiting over any of them.

our staff develops guards, it’s what they do.  transferring out solves nothing.  dorian knew it and has put in the work.
The progression of Marquis and Cam with this staff has been great. I really like all the guards and small forwards currently on the roster and hope they continue to develop in the program but I'm not sure I see them developing into guys who start for a team that contends for the Big XII championship. I would be very happy to be proven wrong about all of that.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 12, 2024, 03:13:25 PM »
I think Dai Dai could def be a high quality Big12 pg.  I think he could be great.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 12, 2024, 10:00:24 PM »
The roster isn't going to have a ton of turnover, there's no way in hell 6 guys are going in the portal. The only freshmen who will leave are ones who are asked to go and I don't see much, if any, of that either. They worked really hard to get the roster balance that they have. They aren't going to run a bunch of dudes off they just recruited and guys like Buddy Rich aren't going to be in a hurry to transfer to the Ohio Valley Conference. If they held on to Finister and Manning, I doubt they'll be getting rid of any of the freshmen on the roster now.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 13, 2024, 07:31:46 AM »
An announcer said during one of our games said there were six freshman starting for conference teams (at least at that time). A five-star like Omaha Beliew isn't getting much court time. In a league that values experienced portal transfers, freshmen are going to have to learn patience.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 13, 2024, 10:00:22 AM »

The progression of Marquis and Cam with this staff has been great. I really like all the guards and small forwards currently on the roster and hope they continue to develop in the program but I'm not sure I see them developing into guys who start for a team that contends for the Big XII championship. I would be very happy to be proven wrong about all of that.
they’ll be good.  i don’t know if people here understand the size of the hole TP is trying to patch by playing out of position.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 13, 2024, 10:12:04 AM »
We need a stud pg rental to bridge the gap to Castillo but a 2025 guard lineup of Castillo, Dai Dai, and RJ is juicy.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 13, 2024, 10:19:42 AM »
so much talk ITT about who might be leaving (loser/victim mentality) and not enough chatter about who we should be targeting in the love portal (winner/alpha mentality).

who are some of our top true PG targets that we might have an actual shot of portalling next season so that i can start getting excited and doing a deep dive into vague twitter posts?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 13, 2024, 11:07:56 AM »
is Buddy a potential redshirt candidate?

is that potentially part of the reason for his usage