Author Topic: Coach Prime  (Read 24040 times)

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Prime
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2023, 01:21:27 PM »
What's the background here? 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2023, 01:28:36 PM »
I just don't know what to think about that.

Me neither. But I'm surprised and impressed to hear you say that!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
I don't like it.  The proper thing to do would be to dismiss him in a private office meeting if that was the last move.  I don't see how humiliating him in front of 100 of his peers will make him trust the "family" or future family or anyone for that matter.  Great for TV, though.  It got us talking about it.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2023, 01:38:56 PM »
I don't like it.  The proper thing to do would be to dismiss him in a private office meeting if that was the last move.  I don't see how humiliating him in front of 100 of his peers will make him trust the "family" or future family or anyone for that matter.  Great for TV, though.  It got us talking about it.

Plus the split vote of the team.  Besides what you said, you only vote - put the team on the spot like that - if you know the outcome is going to be completely one sided, nearly unanimous.  There's about twenty or thirty guys who left that room wondering if they just got their first "strike"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2023, 01:42:50 PM »
What's the background here? 

I'm guessing the players knew but that still seems like a bullshit way to handle it

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2023, 01:47:43 PM »
Yeah, I’ve been around player votes like that before, but never with the player in the rough ridin' room.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2023, 01:49:30 PM »
Man, eff that grandstanding bullshit. I don't care what that player did, having your scholarship pulled is a life altering moment. For him to do it like that, on camera, then releasing the footage, is rough ridin' foul.

This is the similar bullshit that Gregg Berhalter did you Go Reyna, but at least Gregg had the decency to not do it on camera and release the footage.

I truly don't know how anyone could see that and send their son to play for that man, but we know the cult of celebrity has a strong pull in our culture.

That's gross, and I'm legit angry about it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2023, 01:51:48 PM »
I'm sure plenty of parents applaud that type of display

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »

From a college football coach, yeah. I bet those same parents sure in the eff wouldn't want their workplace run like that.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:38 PM »

From a college football coach, yeah. I bet those same parents sure in the eff wouldn't want their workplace run like that.

I don't want to burst your bubble because I agree with you.  The company I work for had HR management meetings that I was required to attend.  At one of them, they discussed several types of management styles that were used by businesses, and one of them was to evaluate your work by members of your team.  Your pay was tied to it and in some cases your employment.  Thank god we didn't have it take effect for more than a few months, as it was crap-canned.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2023, 08:56:47 PM »
that’s terrible.  deion should pick on someone his own size and watch what happens.  that kid didn’t ask, nor deserve, to be humiliated like that. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BBF$$Kat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2023, 11:58:33 PM »
Man, eff that grandstanding bullshit. I don't care what that player did, having your scholarship pulled is a life altering moment. For him to do it like that, on camera, then releasing the footage, is rough ridin' foul.

This is the similar bullshit that Gregg Berhalter did you Go Reyna, but at least Gregg had the decency to not do it on camera and release the footage.

I truly don't know how anyone could see that and send their son to play for that man, but we know the cult of celebrity has a strong pull in our culture.

That's gross, and I'm legit angry about it.
Agree
eff Prime and promoting his brand at the expense of humiliation of that kid. Don’t care what he did, that is a bitch move. Any “family” God fearing preaching adult with a sense of respect and decency doesn’t go down that road. I initially just wanted to see lackluster results after the announced Buffs hire, now I hope he fails miserably and is run out of town. Hey, maybe it is just my Friday night bourbons talking…..🤔 nope eff Prime!

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2023, 04:22:26 PM »
Seeks cultish.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2023, 04:40:28 PM »
Woof city.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2023, 06:44:13 PM »
That’s worse than I thought it was going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2023, 11:45:38 AM »
Its also a chickenshit way to skirt accountability as a leader.  There are times when a group vote like that is a great idea to quell squabbling and move on from an issue but something that important you don't appeal to a 51% majority to make the decision.  Did you hear how he kept saying "They voted, you're out" like he had no control on the situation.  What a dirtbag.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2023, 11:50:17 AM »
What was the whole thing with some people in red shirts and some in blue? Seemed like the red shirts voted to keep him and the blue shirts voted to kick him off the team.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2023, 12:15:53 PM »
What was the whole thing with some people in red shirts and some in blue? Seemed like the red shirts voted to keep him and the blue shirts voted to kick him off the team.
I'm assuming it was offense and defense

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2023, 12:57:23 PM »
And Green is QB's

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2023, 01:55:01 PM »
text below is a deleted tweet by the kid that was kicked off - seems like Deion choose to make an example of him as Pope appears to be fast but not a great reciever

No disrespect to anyone but, it’s 3 sides to every story. Mines, theirs and the truth. So I’m going to tell mine. I’m going to start by saying I never disrespected ANYBODY such as my coaches, teammates, and anyone else within the building. I have NEVER been a bad kid to be labeled as a “cancer”. Moreover, July 5th was my very first day going to Jackson. I went up there to practice with the team and I was not enrolled nor did I have a physical to even practice but, they still threw me out there and I ended up getting hurt, which was not my fault. I came back to Jackson in august around camp due to me still finishing my class at UM. I missed my first week of camp due to my injury. First game they didn’t take me to travel for no reason whatsoever. When I entered the transfer portal first game I was let back on the team the following week and this was the only chance I was given. I never needed “2” or “3” chances because I never did anything wrong to ask for another chance. After letting me back onto the team coach Prime himself vouched for me to play Grambling state game. Moving forward I never was able to get any reps in practice for NO reason at all! They never gave me a full drive in a game. They would give me at the most 3 plays. Moral of the story I was never give a CHANCE!! because of this I stated “F*** this s*** I’m ready to go home”, which resulted in me being kicked off the team. I never spoke down about the JSU “Family” nor did I speak harmful to anyone on this team. I’ll end it with this!! Overall I’m still grateful for the opportunity that was given to me thanks coach Prime. 🙏🏾

— Mark Pope

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2023, 02:33:41 PM »
:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2023, 08:34:30 PM »
Coach Prime and his boys started rough ridin' with him after getting him to drop the portal.  He had no chance of redeeming himself and was made into an example of what happens to players jumping the program.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2023, 06:32:00 AM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2023, 07:33:43 AM »
This thread was always going to teeter on the verge of a PIT thread, unfortunately, so I will do my best to try and keep it out of the pit.

I wonder, is the problem that he THOUGHT it, or the problem that he SAID it?   I have no problem with either thing he said. 

He never commented on the race of the player, yet all of the comments under the tweet seems to imply that he did.   :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2023, 07:45:20 AM »
This thread was always going to teeter on the verge of a PIT thread, unfortunately, so I will do my best to try and keep it out of the pit.

I wonder, is the problem that he THOUGHT it, or the problem that he SAID it?   I have no problem with either thing he said. 

He never commented on the race of the player, yet all of the comments under the tweet seems to imply that he did.   :frown:

Unfortunately we live in the world of the Pit.

He didn't explicitly mention race, but how often have you heard someone discussing a white player mention the number of parents at home? It's like calling the player "well spoken".

Also even if the D-lineman with a single mom is white, there's something gross about explicitly wanting someone desperate for a certain position. And the laughing feels cringey