Author Topic: Coach Prime  (Read 23711 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Prime
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2022, 06:36:44 PM »

we play Colorado in 2027 and 2028 fwiw

I bet Head Coach Collin Klein makes the AD buy those games out.

yeah coaches hate playing in their home state

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2022, 11:05:15 PM »
The whole thing is cringe.  I watched the 15min+ video of the AD giving "Prime" the tour of facilities.  It was definitely set up for TV.  Deion was wearing sunglasses indoors the entire time.   :cool:

I also get why CU took the gamble as they need immediate improvements, especially if the PAC 12 is on the verge of collapse.  If he has success he will be gone in short time.

Watched some of this too and was legitimately impressed with their facilities.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2022, 08:30:52 AM »
How long do you guys think this will last until Amazon sends him a C&D letter?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2022, 08:49:17 AM »
If he wins big, FSU/UF/UM will go after him.

If he doesn't in big it will probably be a disaster.

If it's in between, lots of 5-8 win seasons, they are over paying.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2022, 11:04:44 AM »

He trademarked "Prime Time 21" in 1996. Dude really is a savvy businessman.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 02:08:19 PM »

He trademarked "Prime Time 21" in 1996. Dude really is a savvy businessman.

Damn. He should send a C&D to Amazon.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2022, 01:03:46 AM »
Every time I see this thread title I think it's about CK7 and that he's left for the head-coaching job at Alabama.

CK7 is Optimus Prime.
Deion is Prime Time.
I believe this is a pre-emptive strike by Deion to prevent CK7 from becoming *the* Coach Prime.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2022, 02:15:59 AM »
“It was hectic,” Mott said. “It was a huge mess. I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new (on-field) staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone.”

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2022, 08:49:17 AM »
Sounds like Mott got C&D'd.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2022, 09:25:05 AM »
I figured he would be a spectacular flameout, but hiring Sean Lewis was very impressive.  Kent State's offense has been very good.  Alabama guy i've never heard of coaching defense.  If he let's those guys cook (and if he can recruit and somehow put together a passable roster as far as depth goes) he may have something.

OTOH, they may be James Franklin and Raheem and bolt immediately and the Prince parallels may become even more poignant.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2022, 09:47:47 AM »
If only we had some data points on assistant coaches working under Deion as a head coach
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2022, 12:10:49 PM »
I totally believe everything that this random twitter fellow says
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »
I said earlier that Deion is the Prosperity Pastor of college football coaches. I don't know enough about him to make that claim and it's a pretty disparaging thing to say if untrue. I think he has the unique gifts and acumen to do great things in his role as leader of a football program.

I do think that he struggles with pride and vanity tho, and if he doesn't succeed, that will be his undoing.

I'm rooting for him and hope that he is able to overcome his faults, because if he can, he will build something very special and impact a lot of young men, as well as the community around Boulder and others across the country.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »

I've seen multiple reports saying the same thing, the only difference is the not hearing from Deion's staff. The other reports I saw were that someone from the staff called, said they wouldn't be honoring the scholarship agreement, then just hung up.

I fail to understand how people are making this Deion's fault though. The AD promised these dudes scholarships before Deion even thought about Colorado. Deion takes the job, then the AD allows Deion to have control over his roster, like every other college sports coach has.

The AD is the clear villain here. He promised these dudes scholarships so they had enough players to finish the year and get the football money, the season ended and he said sike.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2022, 12:28:20 PM »
Does anyone even know the standard protocol for this sort of thing in big-time college football? I know I don't.

Like, are head coaches typically all calling up former recruits and breaking the bad news?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2022, 12:30:45 PM »

I've seen multiple reports saying the same thing, the only difference is the not hearing from Deion's staff. The other reports I saw were that someone from the staff called, said they wouldn't be honoring the scholarship agreement, then just hung up.

the note specifically called out "on-field staff" - in the one article I read, the recruit got a call from a recruiting coordinator.

I don't blame Deion at all for this either

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2022, 01:00:16 PM »
Does anyone even know the standard protocol for this sort of thing in big-time college football? I know I don't.

Like, are head coaches typically all calling up former recruits and breaking the bad news?

When there's a coaching change, do you really think the head coach is calling players who are cut? They don't even know those dudes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2022, 01:06:04 PM »

When there's a coaching change, do you really think the head coach is calling players who are cut? They don't even know those dudes.

Yeah prob not.

All things considered, the dude has his faults, as we all do. His faults, and being a black dude with said faults, makes a lot of people want to run him down imo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2022, 01:09:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan at all but there have been so many bad Deion takes, I find myself defending him, probably too much.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2022, 02:42:01 PM »

the note specifically called out "on-field staff" - in the one article I read, the recruit got a call from a recruiting coordinator.

I don't blame Deion at all for this either

I think I saw the same article referencing one kid's twitter who got his offer pulled.  This seems like a pretty normal thing (right or wrong) when there is a coach change.  I think, at worst, it sounds like it could have been handled a little more professionally from the recruiting coordinator but probably not that big a deal.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2022, 12:31:24 AM »
i saw adam hopkins committed to cu. 4 star wr on rivals before, now dropped quite a bit below spivey. i guess things worked out ok!

also interesting that lane would have been only our 3rd highest rated wr. still wanted him the most.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2023, 12:59:57 PM »
I just don't know what to think about that.