Author Topic: Big 12 Championship Game Thread  (Read 10448 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Championship Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2022, 10:48:46 AM »
Is there any argument against that being the greatest win/game in 'Cats football history?

Yeah. I think I'd still rate the '03 championship game higher because of the historical significance and sheer dominance.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2022, 11:21:40 AM »
Is there any argument against that being the greatest win/game in 'Cats football history?

Yeah. I think I'd still rate the '03 championship game higher because of the historical significance and sheer dominance.

I realize this is unknowable...but my gut tells me that if Brooks didn't muff that punt, i think we go down and score and put the game solidly out of reach. Not a 35-7 drumming obviously but definitely in the 3 score differential.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2022, 11:41:54 AM »
35-7 by a mile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2022, 11:52:54 AM »
03 > 22 easy - everyone knows TCU was a good team having a great season due in large part to timely injuries to thier opponents QBs.  2003 OU was a juggernaut that had hung 50+ against half their schedule and the only close game was @Alabama

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
Also they were supposedly the best team of all time. And they started out with a super quick TD and then never saw the end zone again. And we scored in so many different magical ways. Ted Sims pick-6! Sproles breakaway! Oh, and that game had The Leckey Crawl.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 05, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »

There is but it would be kind of nit picking and a lively discussion. 1993 Copper Bowl, 2000 KSU/Neb snow game, 2001 KSU/TN Cotton Bowl (01/01/01), 2003 Dr Pepper Championship and now this gem. Slowly building a legacy comparable to anyone else but we will never, never again be considered in any conversation of being among, if not the worst college football programs in the history of the sport. We've come a very long way and should rightfully be proud of what and who we are.

Let's take the next step and kill the elephant!!!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2022, 12:26:05 PM »
If we beat Alabama I'll be on record that it's our greatest bowl win and non-con win. Not really even up for debate

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2022, 01:01:39 PM »
2002 USC probably holds the belt for Best Noncon imo

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 05, 2022, 01:19:17 PM »
35-7
1998 Nubb
2022 Dr P
2000 Nubb

This is the Mount Rushmore of KSU wins. All others are battling for #5.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 05, 2022, 01:20:35 PM »
TCU is better than Bama and we just beat them.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2022, 01:28:03 PM »
35-7
1998 Nubb
2022 Dr P
2000 Nubb

This is the Mount Rushmore of KSU wins. All others are battling for #5.

Nic i think you might have a little sentimentality bias going on there...whatever year that was recently where we beat OU and they still made the playoff and we were their only loss going in to the playoff...i think that is arguably more impressive than 00 Nubb.  But in our formative years we had never seen kstate beat nubb until 98 which i think makes those nubb wins feel more important.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2022, 01:29:07 PM »
My question though is all things involved. Big 12 title, the actual game itself (OT and we win OMG!). I just can't recall a bigger win for the cats that was also just an OMG what a freaking roller coaster of a game. Nub is the other win I can think of that was a huge win and also an amazing game itself.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2022, 01:37:23 PM »
If we beat Alabama I'll be on record that it's our greatest bowl win and non-con win. Not really even up for debate

Agree, even if it's against not their best team, and potentially many guys missing, the symbolism alone is unbeatable. No school over the last 15 years has epitomized the evil empire of CFP at the FBS level
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2022, 01:55:32 PM »
the win @OU in 2012 was amazing and ended up being the de facto conf champ game. sealing the deal vs texas was also great

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2022, 02:44:04 PM »
Not gEing, I think this is right. It’s just a different animal when Saban has 3 weeks to prepare for you. If we score over 30 then Klein deserves an award.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2022, 03:07:16 PM »
Not gEing, I think this is right. It’s just a different animal when Saban has 3 weeks to prepare for you. If we score over 30 then Klein deserves an award.

I think if Klein bests Sabans D, he may just offer him the OC job at Bama
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2022, 04:01:30 PM »
My question though is all things involved. Big 12 title, the actual game itself (OT and we win OMG!). I just can't recall a bigger win for the cats that was also just an OMG what a freaking roller coaster of a game. Nub is the other win I can think of that was a huge win and also an amazing game itself.

aTm 4OT was this way. Believe it was the last time we played them on their way out of the league. We came back from down double digits TWICE.  :Wha:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2022, 04:05:23 PM »
Most of the 2011 season felt that way. I can’t remember another season with that many close games that KSU just squeaked out. Really not all that different than TCU seemed this season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2022, 04:10:07 PM »
Most of the 2011 season felt that way. I can’t remember another season with that many close games that KSU just squeaked out. Really not all that different than TCU seemed this season.

2011 Baylor is an all-timer.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2022, 04:20:24 PM »
Miami too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2022, 10:08:40 PM »

Facts. We very well may lose but Alabama, this year, is overrated and I'm not scared of them, in the least. That '12 Oregon team was way better than this Alabama team.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2022, 09:32:29 AM »
xpost d scott thread. this is just the strangest prose but I love the zeal:

The son of Waterloo, Iowa, who grew up under a wide blue sky, stands underneath a cloud. The cloud is red, green, white, yellow, and blue, almost like a rainbow, and the cloud rains down upon the man at exactly 3:11 p.m. on Saturday, December 3, 2022. The man stands upon a stage donned in a black ballcap and a purple t-shirt that reads: “BIG 12 CHAMPIONS.” He is gifted a chrome football. And this is where the story begins, with Kansas State head football coach Chris Klieman holding the Big 12 Championship Trophy high above his head under a confetti cloud inside AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. He pauses for a moment, taking it all in, no, attempting to take it all in, because feelings have yet to fully take form, about this journey, about what it all means — and where it is headed.

https://s22009.t.en25.com/e/es?s=22009&e=21106&elqTrackId=efd74c1a1b7a40299e524d6e5aa03bea&elq=c82baa82234c4376970dfa4169d4b202&elqaid=1478&elqat=1

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
Wow. Duggan's near-heroics in the teeth of the vaunted KSU Cats defensive meatgrinder have vaulted him into Heisman contention. That's the kind of hype you get when you have a sort of good showing against our Cat defense:

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1599916647501811717?s=20&t=zMnwViBT7tF73fN2boOW9Q

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2022, 10:38:36 AM »

If no one on TCU is hurt from our game, I think they win the natty this year.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »
This might be the most program changing win. We went from we might be really good to, looking like this is going to be a normal occurrence for us with the way recruiting is going. The other big 12 championships we didn’t capitalize on those victories. 98 nubb, we were already #2 and looking elite. This years win it feels like we just leveled up, as long as we don’t get smoked by Bama.