Author Topic: Big 12 Championship Game Thread  (Read 10273 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Championship Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2022, 01:51:40 PM »
This might be the most program changing win. We went from we might be really good to, looking like this is going to be a normal occurrence for us with the way recruiting is going. The other big 12 championships we didn’t capitalize on those victories. 98 nubb, we were already #2 and looking elite. This years win it feels like we just leveled up, as long as we don’t get smoked by Bama.

Totally. Should be top 15 to start the seas next year regardless of the Bama game. Warm up pre seas duds n suds!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2022, 01:45:52 PM »
xpost "What if Will Howard is a complete badass" thread:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2022, 07:23:52 PM »
This might be the most program changing win. We went from we might be really good to, looking like this is going to be a normal occurrence for us with the way recruiting is going. The other big 12 championships we didn’t capitalize on those victories. 98 nubb, we were already #2 and looking elite. This years win it feels like we just leveled up, as long as we don’t get smoked by Bama.

Totally. Should be top 15 to start the seas next year regardless of the Bama game. Warm up pre seas duds n suds!

And depending on portal and returning a potential favorite to repeat as pepper champs
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 08, 2022, 07:30:58 PM »
Also, overall, this felt like Kleiman's full team and his win, also further proving that as much as I/we all love Bill we don't need him to be successful (though he obviously deserves the credit for the turnaround) , for that I am very grateful. Having this victory proves it's not some Snyder magic, it's not some disadvantage being in Manhattan (as will Clemson SC or Tuscaloosa AL are destination spots) but that it's a coach and program starting to ascend.

If we follow this up with a win vs Bama, and a 10+ win season next year in the Big 12 Champ game we could very well look to be the flag bearer of the NuNuBig 12, and with Avery coming in, and our ability to actually recruit somewhat well, it could be a fun decade.

After all watching the game last weekend, we were treated pretty well by ESPN/the media at large. I hope we can continue that momentum
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 13, 2022, 04:35:36 PM »
The Dr Pepper is going out on the road so Cat fans across the Sunflower State can bask in its glory:

https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/12/13/football-big-12-championship-trophy-statewide-tour-begins-wednesday.aspx

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2022, 04:36:53 PM »
I have heard of all of those towns!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2022, 04:39:14 PM »
Hope they don't force any players (that they don't want in the portal) to travel to Liberal.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2022, 05:33:44 PM »
What about all the Lawrence cats?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2022, 05:36:13 PM »
Hope they don't force any players (that they don't want in the portal) to travel to Liberal.

Luckily left Coffeyville off. Chanute seems like a good spot to end the SEK tour

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2022, 05:47:56 PM »
Meade getting snubbed is almost unforgivable
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2022, 06:01:10 PM »

Luckily left Coffeyville off. Chanute seems like a good spot to end the SEK tour

Agree

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2022, 06:08:06 PM »
Marysville by far the tiniest of the stops. Must be a lot of country population up that way.

Also, the new trophy is not an improvement from the crystal cups, which were great.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2022, 07:54:29 PM »
It looks like an embiggened version of a Lego trophy. Not as in "this was made from 17,000 tiny Legos," but more as in "Honey I Blew Up The Lego Trophy."
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2022, 09:43:32 PM »
I will be petting this trophy at the sprint center on saturday.

In its a small world I had a hearty LOL at the location it is available at in Colby KS. I played golf there once during covid, no website just a FB page. Being from KC I expected to have to book a tee time in advance so I called them up to see if I needed a reservation or anything for a tee time and they were just like "Nah, no tee times, just show up".

Its a good 9 hole course for a town of 5,000 people. Got paired up with 2 people wearing jeans that worked at the local john deere dealership who knew my extended family.

10/10 would do it again.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2022, 08:36:05 AM »
Nice article about Zentner's folks watching his kick in the Pepper that deserves to be preserved here:

https://twitter.com/DScottFritchen/status/1608071424328998912?s=20&t=Pm_LXmATuPHOoD_CkzXYeQ