Author Topic: Baylor Game  (Read 8046 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Baylor Game
« on: November 06, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »
+5

:sdeek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor Game
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:28:25 PM »
dang

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »
The cats just never get no respect.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 01:38:12 PM »
The cats just never get no respect.

I like the use of the double negative.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Baylor is good. This will be a very hard game.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »
They’re playing really well
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor is good. This will be a very hard game.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 02:37:21 PM »
Yeah, we are going to lose. We probably beat KU, and that will be it for the season.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »
We don't start our best players, so it's not that surprising.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 04:26:52 PM »
Yeah, we are going to lose. We probably beat KU, and that will be it for the season.

WVU was hardest game left on the schedule last week for ChONGS, 7-5 is staring us right in the face.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 04:33:11 PM »
i feel like we’re better than 7-5. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 05:38:51 PM »
i feel like we’re better than 7-5.
I did too until OU and ISU went on to lose half their games, and KU easily handled Oklahoma State. Really took the shine off those wins seeing they're actually just dogshit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 05:44:48 PM by OB_Won »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 08:08:58 PM »
Baylor is decent, West Virginia is horrific. The Baylor game is imminently winnable, and we don't even need to play better than we have in the last three games to get the win.

We will enter the last week of the regular season with a chance to get to the Big 12 championship game. Whether or not we will also be hoping for a Texas loss is the question.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »
Debating driving down there and rooting on the fellas. Can't decide.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »

Really hope you're not referring to Howard not playing over Martinez, because if so, that might be the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

If not, I apologize and hope you have a great day!  :)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 01:30:14 PM »

Really hope you're not referring to Howard not playing over Martinez, because if so, that might be the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

Did you not watch us with Howard? I really don't get how you could watch us with both QBs and conclude that Martinez is better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 01:36:19 PM »

Did you not watch us with Howard? I really don't get how you could watch us with both QBs and conclude that Martinez is better.

Do you know how to read a stat sheet or do you think Howard plays quarterback and linebacker?

Adrian had more passing yards, more completions, more yards per attempt, and more rushing yards. Will had more touchdowns, that's it, and the Texas defense is twice as talented as OSU currently is. I'm also pretty sure that Adrian had more yards against ISU and OU than Will did against OSU.

Watching that game and thinking Will would have definitively done better is an unserious take.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 01:41:54 PM »

Do you know how to read a stat sheet or do you think Howard plays quarterback and linebacker?

Adrian had more passing yards, more completions, more yards per attempt, and more rushing yards. Will had more touchdowns, that's it, and the Texas defense is twice as talented as OSU currently is. I'm also pretty sure that Adrian had more yards against ISU and OU than Will did against OSU.

Watching that game and thinking Will would have definitively done better is an unserious take.

Pretty sure you have to score points to win games. Martinez had a nice second half, but the first half was brutal. The interception before halftime to give them a touchdown and 21 point lead was the difference in the game.

Martinez is a good quarterback, having a nice season. Maybe he can get a win over Baylor. The offense is a whole lot better with Will Howard running it, though. He should be starting.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 01:52:24 PM »
+5

:sdeek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+3 now!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »
Which QB functions better under pressure?  The Texas defensive line, and Baylor's as well, are bad mothertruckers that any O-line would have a tough time dealing with.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:59:41 PM by deputy dawg »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 01:57:00 PM »
Will can read and react quicker,  adrian has god tier athleticism and can escape basically any pocket.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2022, 02:20:16 PM »
I feel this team has already underachieved. Losing to Baylor would put a ribbon on a disappointing season.

Offline bunter

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm not a good poster.
    • View Profile
    • Investigate 3/11
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2022, 02:22:15 PM »

Pretty sure you have to score points to win games. Martinez had a nice second half, but the first half was brutal. The interception before halftime to give them a touchdown and 21 point lead was the difference in the game.

We lost by seven, and that interception lead to seven, but imho play calling and clock management late in the game were bigger crushers. Also the defense got rolling too late.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 02:24:52 PM »
I think Will is better at reading a defense pre-snap and knowing where to go with the football.  I would've gone with Howard vs Texas but I don't think it was an easy decision either way. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 02:32:46 PM »
Losing to Baylor would be extremely dissapointing.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »
Baylor is good but so are we.

This is a game that I think you have to win if your program is a serious contender for a CCG.

In light of OU and OSU tanking, we really don't have a marquee win.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2022, 02:38:14 PM »

Martinez is a good quarterback, having a nice season. Maybe he can get a win over Baylor. The offense is a whole lot better with Will Howard running it, though. He should be starting.

For the defense it was brutal, I 100% agree that pick was terrible, it was ultimately the difference in the game from a points standpoint, but they still had Texas is a 3rd and long and gave them an easy ass TD.  I was poor playcalling near the goal line and the missed PI also screwed us, as did that awful playcalling on the second to last drive, and overall, the defense just not showing up is what screwed us over more than anything, if the defense even plays close to the second half it's a TD win, not a TD loss.

And I agree 100% overall with MiR, I don't realistically see us winning with Will as QB, it was a collective failure, and less on the QB and more on coaching decisions and defense.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla