Author Topic: Moving  (Read 6515 times)

Offline bananaeater

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Moving
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2022, 03:40:51 PM »
It’s a dollar for the year, so I went for it. Already regret it. I just don’t like non-goEMAW bbs’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't baked in quite yet.  Once there is a 3 page back and forth slugfest between two posters over one them mistakenly using the term "all" instead of "some" then you know it's ready to roll.

Ugh, it's going to be exactly the same. I would have paid more money to weed the idiots out. One of the NIL collectives has a message board for the investors and I thought about investing just for the message board but then I concluded that it was be the same idiots, dog whistling, pretending they know crap when they really don't.

That's why i'm down to just goEMAW.  What i've found is that the more seriously posters on a board take themselves, the worse their takes are. 

I'd much rather engage in a discussion about the sexual appeal and prowess of new recruits then a 10 page debate on the correct way for Willie to do the K-S-U chant.

My favorite thread type on other boards is the classic "as fans, we just can't look past this game to the next one . . . . "

FWIW MIR, i've appreciated your takes on conference re-alignment over the years.   

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2022, 03:54:43 PM »
gE is the salt of the earth
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2022, 03:57:29 PM »
Does Learnin' still post anywhere? I used to read the k-statefans board just for his bball takes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »
It’s a dollar for the year, so I went for it. Already regret it. I just don’t like non-goEMAW bbs’s

It hasn't baked in quite yet.  Once there is a 3 page back and forth slugfest between two posters over one them mistakenly using the term "all" instead of "some" then you know it's ready to roll.

Ugh, it's going to be exactly the same. I would have paid more money to weed the idiots out. One of the NIL collectives has a message board for the investors and I thought about investing just for the message board but then I concluded that it was be the same idiots, dog whistling, pretending they know crap when they really don't.

That's why i'm down to just goEMAW.  What i've found is that the more seriously posters on a board take themselves, the worse their takes are. 

I'd much rather engage in a discussion about the sexual appeal and prowess of new recruits then a 10 page debate on the correct way for Willie to do the K-S-U chant.

My favorite thread type on other boards is the classic "as fans, we just can't look past this game to the next one . . . . "

FWIW MIR, i've appreciated your takes on conference re-alignment over the years.   

Thank you

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2022, 06:18:07 PM »

I joined a non-gE board for the first time since the invention of gE because it is just a dollar
:adios:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2022, 06:56:00 PM »

I joined a non-gE board for the first time since the invention of gE because it is just a dollar

me too, no doubt I'll forget to cancel and wind up paying $99 next year.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2022, 07:03:34 PM »

Set a calendar reminder now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2022, 08:00:31 PM »

I used a card that expires in September.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2022, 08:05:01 PM »

I used a card that expires in September.
This is the way to do this kind of trial.  Or a mostly used visa gift card.  Ive done that a time or two.

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2022, 08:53:16 PM »
This board has become a lot more poor than I remember
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2022, 09:05:41 PM »

This is a board dedicated to elite wealthy cat fans who graduated from a prestigous university. If there is one thing I know about us elites it's that we hate wasting money on things we dont enjoy.

Pull up a chair, crack a beer, this 2022 cat football season is ending with a trip to Arlington.  :beersmiley:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2022, 11:48:22 PM »

I did that just in case the news dries up and I have to rely on that dog crap board for info. If the content is good I'll re-up, but if I didn't pay for Rivals KSO, I'm sure in the eff not going to pay for On3 KSO.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »

I did that just in case the news dries up and I have to rely on that dog crap board for info. If the content is good I'll re-up, but if I didn't pay for Rivals KSO, I'm sure in the eff not going to pay for On3 KSO.
This

I am looking forward to @ksu_fan ‘s post game gif breakdown of offensive plays. One of the smartest things that Matt did was give Jimmy Goheen a forum for his analysis and promote it.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2022, 12:10:44 PM »
I don’t pay for KSO, but I do have a log-in that works. It’s nice to check over there once a week just to see if anything’s happening. I guess I’ll do the 1 year for $1, then cancel once it’s launched so it won’t renew after a year.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2022, 02:10:27 PM »
I don’t pay for KSO, but I do have a log-in that works. It’s nice to check over there once a week just to see if anything’s happening. I guess I’ll do the 1 year for $1, then cancel once it’s launched so it won’t renew after a year.

I signed up and they already have the board going. I’m going to have to use some self restraint now that I can post.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:06:53 PM by TheHamburglar »

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2022, 04:33:16 PM »
Just to be sure, this is KSO moving to on3, correct?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »
Yes

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2022, 09:38:26 PM »
I just went over to check KSO & saw the pass-out thread. I’m going to be banned from posting within 3 days for telling Scott to shut the eff up.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2022, 09:59:50 PM »
I just went over to check KSO & saw the pass-out thread. I’m going to be banned from posting within 3 days for telling Scott to shut the eff up.

You have to eject him from a McDonald’s for it to be effective.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2022, 11:30:59 PM »

Curious as to what posts of his you're objecting to. Either you don't like his stance on pass outs, which match most over there, or you don't like that he has hard data seemingly inaccessible to the rest of us.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2022, 11:46:27 PM »

Curious as to what posts of his you're objecting to. Either you don't like his stance on pass outs, which match most over there, or you don't like that he has hard data seemingly inaccessible to the rest of us.

The him telling people what they should do with their money. KSO’s not loading, so I can’t find the exact post. It was his response to a guy explaining why if he lost passouts he’d drop from his donation level & park across the street.

Scott doesn’t have discussions. He makes statements that other people’s ideas are stupid, then sometimes backs off. His post are constantly telling people they should change what they value & why they go to games to match what he values. He’s just become a personality type I can’t stand since he got his podcast.

He did the same stuff with the new practice facility. Anytime anyone expressed that the social aspect was a major part of their game day experience he’d attack. Before they announced the repack plans, multiple times people would just ask if they knew what the repark plans were & he’d attack.

I’ve made my stance clear on passouts & I really don’t care either way. If they end passouts they have to pay more to properly staff the concessions with properly trained people. If they don’t & end passouts, it’s going to be clusterfuck & I think Gene knows that. So I don’t have an emotional attachment to a passout decision because I think if they end them Gene can’t/won’t let the status quo stay the same with concessions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 12:25:09 AM by TheHamburglar »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2022, 12:22:32 AM »
What Scott are we talking about here?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2022, 02:13:30 AM »

The him telling people what they should do with their money. KSO’s not loading, so I can’t find the exact post. It was his response to a guy explaining why if he lost passouts he’d drop from his donation level & park across the street.

Scott doesn’t have discussions. He makes statements that other people’s ideas are stupid, then sometimes backs off. His post are constantly telling people they should change what they value & why they go to games to match what he values. He’s just become a personality type I can’t stand since he got his podcast.

He did the same stuff with the new practice facility. Anytime anyone expressed that the social aspect was a major part of their game day experience he’d attack. Before they announced the repack plans, multiple times people would just ask if they knew what the repark plans were & he’d attack.

I’ve made my stance clear on passouts & I really don’t care either way. If they end passouts they have to pay more to properly staff the concessions with properly trained people. If they don’t & end passouts, it’s going to be clusterfuck & I think Gene knows that. So I don’t have an emotional attachment to a passout decision because I think if they end them Gene can’t/won’t let the status quo stay the same with concessions.

The guy he was responding to was being a rough ridin' idiot. He started by saying this, unprompted.
What cracks me up on this topic is that the most passionate on no re-entry is 95+% people that do not attend the home games anyway.

Perhaps a lot of you who are so appalled at the early third quarter attendance on tv should buy some tickets and actually go to games.
Then this
Pretty sure those that don’t pay for premium parking spots are the ones whining so much on this topic.

Here's the exchange you didn't like
Catfanatic said:
I have 2.5 hour drive each way so I don’t get there 5 hours before and sure the hell don’t hang around for hours afterwards. Usually get to game 2-3 hours before ko depending on time slot. 11am games get there just before game starts hate those like the 2-2:30 the best. I pay for the convenience of not have to stand in long concession lines. If they make no reentry I do not see the monetary value of the parking spot anymore. Business decision plain and simple.
Scott's reply
That’s fine and that’s your choice! Seems like you should just sell your tickets and party in the parking lot instead of worrying about going into the game!

I'm not even going to get close to telling you who you should like and don't like but that guy was being a bitch, he hardly makes for a sympathetic figure.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2022, 12:34:31 PM »
Yeah, I get that guy was being a dumbass too & I probably built up me not liking Scott in my head to where stuff that would normally be a mild annoyance sets me off. I also understand that personality type sets me off more than it does most people & half of it’s a me problem.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2022, 01:34:55 PM »
Yeah, I get that guy was being a dumbass too & I probably built up me not liking Scott in my head to where stuff that would normally be a mild annoyance sets me off. I also understand that personality type sets me off more than it does most people & half of it’s a me problem.

This whole bbsing thing is way easier when you just act like the people you are talking to aren't real people like I do. There is no real reason to get in to arguments with fake people.