Author Topic: Skylar Thompson… American hero and soon to be NFL Quarterback  (Read 43204 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Skylar Thompson… American hero and soon to be NFL Quarterback
« Reply #650 on: January 15, 2023, 09:18:39 PM »
They blew 3 timeouts because they couldn't get a rough ridin' play called in 20 seconds.

Apparently McBurrito thought they got a first down at the end of the game on the 3rd & 1 and called a first down play hence the confusion and resulting delay of game penalty along with having the wrong personnel on the field.

Just all around piss poor clock management, you can't expect your 7th round rookie QB to control the clock in a playoff game.

Skylar played as well as you could expect for a rookie 7th round QB starting in the playoffs.

I hope he gets that Chase Daniels bag for the next 10+ years.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 15, 2023, 10:44:23 PM »
I don't see why he  couldn't have a Drew Brees type career.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 15, 2023, 10:52:31 PM »
They blew 3 timeouts because they couldn't get a rough ridin' play called in 20 seconds.

Apparently McBurrito thought they got a first down at the end of the game on the 3rd & 1 and called a first down play hence the confusion and resulting delay of game penalty along with having the wrong personnel on the field.

Just all around piss poor clock management, you can't expect your 7th round rookie QB to control the clock in a playoff game.

Skylar played as well as you could expect for a rookie 7th round QB starting in the playoffs.

I hope he gets that Chase Daniels bag for the next 10+ years.
In fairness, Brock Purdy is all those things and has still looked nails. Given that we saw how both QBs performed just a year ago I think it’s pretty clear that coaching (and a kickass running game and defense) can make a world of difference.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 16, 2023, 05:40:51 AM »
How Sky's performed with Miami was fine; considering he is a first-year rookie with a first-year coach.  He was good enough to get them in the first round which they have not been able to achieve for several years.  He may not have been as impressive as Brock Purdy or Sam Howell, but he got praise for the accuracy of his throws and how well he handled his last two games.  Also, his HC was happy with his performance and did not talk about replacing Skylar during his two starting games, even though he had options.  I believe he will be an active player next season.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 16, 2023, 01:13:28 PM »
How Sky's performed with Miami was fine; considering he is a first-year rookie with a first-year coach.  He was good enough to get them in the first round which they have not been able to achieve for several years.  He may not have been as impressive as Brock Purdy or Sam Howell, but he got praise for the accuracy of his throws and how well he handled his last two games.  Also, his HC was happy with his performance and did not talk about replacing Skylar during his two starting games, even though he had options.  I believe he will be an active player next season.

This is the correct take IMO. He's earned the right to hang around the NFL for a bit, and is probably going to have a solid career, but he'll probably not shock the league like Purdy has been. But maybe I'll be wrong
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 16, 2023, 02:02:48 PM »
if there's anyone that can overcome his shortcomings and figure it out, it's skylar. although his shortcomings don't seem to be physical which is what people usually use this saying for. i dunno. he'll be fine.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 16, 2023, 02:33:41 PM »
Purdy has put a spotlight on rookie QB's and their value proposition in terms of cap space.  If Skylar can elevate his game to solid backup with a decent QB rating, he'll be able to command a backup QB salary when his rookie contract expires.  Someone pointed out that Brock Purdy threw 600 more passes in college ball than Thompson.  I think Thompson has a good arm and will gain some ground on Purdy if he's given some time behind center.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 17, 2023, 01:37:05 PM »
Purdy has put a spotlight on rookie QB's and their value proposition in terms of cap space.  If Skylar can elevate his game to solid backup with a decent QB rating, he'll be able to command a backup QB salary when his rookie contract expires.  Someone pointed out that Brock Purdy threw 600 more passes in college ball than Thompson.  I think Thompson has a good arm and will gain some ground on Purdy if he's given some time behind center.

I think Shanahan, like Reid, makes nearly any QB a top 12-15 guy in the league. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 17, 2023, 01:38:47 PM »
Purdy is in basically the best situation a QB could be handed. That being said, he has looked great.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 17, 2023, 01:45:50 PM »

Not jimmy g

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 17, 2023, 01:52:01 PM »

Not jimmy g

He was 3rd in QBR this year :horrorsurprise:

I know that doesn't tell the whole story but it's still impressive

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 17, 2023, 01:55:38 PM »
Jimmy G is 39-18 as a starter in the league under the 49ers. :dunno:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 17, 2023, 05:20:52 PM »

Not jimmy g

He was 3rd in QBR this year :horrorsurprise:

I know that doesn't tell the whole story but it's still impressive

His QBR was 54.5 which is 16th in the league