Author Topic: 2024 Presidential Race  (Read 66381 times)

KST8FAN, chum1, michigancat (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Presidential Race
« Reply #2600 on: September 10, 2024, 11:41:18 AM »
A lot of people polled (like 28% in one case) say they want to know more about Harris. This is not true for Trump. So, as long as Harris represents herself well in the debate, she has the opportunity to win lots of votes.

If she can't avoid getting pantsed by Trump in a singular debate then she probably doesn't deserve to be president.  I think this is a good calculated risk because she does need a bit more out there for people to digest and refusing to debate Trump just makes it look like she lacks confidence imo.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: September 10, 2024, 11:44:52 AM »
A lot of people polled (like 28% in one case) say they want to know more about Harris. This is not true for Trump. So, as long as Harris represents herself well in the debate, she has the opportunity to win lots of votes.

If she can't avoid getting pantsed by Trump in a singular debate then she probably doesn't deserve to be president.  I think this is a good calculated risk because she does need a bit more out there for people to digest and refusing to debate Trump just makes it look like she lacks confidence imo.

Correct
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: September 10, 2024, 12:51:58 PM »
I think Trump is a lunatic.  I%u2019m pretty sure Harris is going to win, so when she says something crazy/stupid/I don%u2019t like, I%u2019m going to point it out.

It's interesting, because you wouldn't get that impression from reading your posts. Just like one wouldn't think Trump is insane from reading most stories about him in the media!
Yeah I think you guys got the "trump is a lunatic" rhetoric handled pretty well here for the most part. 

Yes, and if it was newsworthy every time Trump said something bat crap crazy, that's all the news would talk about. So the behavior gets both-sided or ignored completely. It's really fascinating!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: September 10, 2024, 01:07:01 PM »

I don't disagree with this at all, but she has to be pretty close to perfect, while Trump will be allowed to lie and be mostly incoherent like he always is. I'm still not sure it's worth the risk for her based on what happened after the Biden debate. Trump said all kinds of crazy crap and every website, tv show, etc. just said, "look how old Biden looked". She has her chance to turn the table, but it's still a big risk.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: September 10, 2024, 02:10:05 PM »
Debating Trump is a very, very foolish thing to do. Harris’ team is making a huge mistake.

say more

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: September 10, 2024, 04:00:18 PM »

Yeah, that's how I feel about this "debate". Trump is going to do trump things, and this isn't going to change any cultist minds. But this could for her allow her to very publicly in a non-DNC setting allow her to (hopefully) hold her own and make herself known. I think the biggest thing (and why she absolutely should do it assuming she can) is prove she is mentally light years ahead of Biden, and de facto trump. If you replaced a bumbling Biden and the last thing many people have in their mind is that debate, you have to replace not just Biden as the candidate, but Biden's last memory to the electorate with a new memory of her. That is what she has to do. Prove she's coherent, able to handle zingers and send them back, and have it not devolve into who's golf game is better.

I think her campaign so far has been pretty good at keeping trump off his normal game, and if she can succeed in that and be again, coherent and mentally capable as well as clear, she will bring enough fence sitters over, especially if trump comes off as exceedingly boorish, rambling bully he really is.

This is the bar for our presidential candidates: Prove you are mentally coherent.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: September 10, 2024, 04:13:10 PM »

Yeah, that's how I feel about this "debate". Trump is going to do trump things, and this isn't going to change any cultist minds. But this could for her allow her to very publicly in a non-DNC setting allow her to (hopefully) hold her own and make herself known. I think the biggest thing (and why she absolutely should do it assuming she can) is prove she is mentally light years ahead of Biden, and de facto trump. If you replaced a bumbling Biden and the last thing many people have in their mind is that debate, you have to replace not just Biden as the candidate, but Biden's last memory to the electorate with a new memory of her. That is what she has to do. Prove she's coherent, able to handle zingers and send them back, and have it not devolve into who's golf game is better.

I think her campaign so far has been pretty good at keeping trump off his normal game, and if she can succeed in that and be again, coherent and mentally capable as well as clear, she will bring enough fence sitters over, especially if trump comes off as exceedingly boorish, rambling bully he really is.

This is the bar for our presidential candidates: Prove you are mentally coherent.
Or not! I mean who cares

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: September 10, 2024, 04:19:14 PM »

I mean, it drove Biden out, might as well do it for trump. But tis a low bar when launch codes are on the table.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: September 10, 2024, 04:20:21 PM »
Yeah, I don't see Trump's supporters caring much about his mental state.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: September 10, 2024, 04:39:37 PM »

I mean, it drove Biden out, might as well do it for trump. But tis a low bar when launch codes are on the table.
It didn't drive Biden out, the fact he was going to lose to Trump drove Biden out.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: September 10, 2024, 04:44:04 PM »

It didn't drive Biden out, the fact he was going to lose to Trump drove Biden out.

Trump is going to lose to Harris, but it's not like Vance would do any better.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 10, 2024, 07:34:42 PM »
Vegas

Trump -108
Harris +114
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 10, 2024, 07:36:50 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: September 10, 2024, 08:09:46 PM »
I'm with nicname. I'm not nearly as optimistic about Harris' chances as dlew and Rage. I think it's hers to lose but I think she has to walk too fine a line.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: September 10, 2024, 08:34:46 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 10, 2024, 08:42:00 PM »
This is the same tired trump act

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: September 10, 2024, 08:46:45 PM »
Yeah I hope America is just as sick and tired of it as we are.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: September 10, 2024, 08:47:06 PM »
It's going exactly as I expected. Crazy person vs sane person
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: September 10, 2024, 08:49:32 PM »
Agreed. This 10 minutes here about January 6th is the nail in the coffin hopefully
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: September 10, 2024, 08:58:50 PM »

Which is good. Keep pressing how crazy he is.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: September 10, 2024, 09:00:48 PM »
Yeah I hope America is just as sick and tired of it as we are.

Agreed, but far too many want more of it

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 10, 2024, 09:07:11 PM »

She's done a good job not getting drawn into the mud slinging
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: September 10, 2024, 09:18:23 PM »
I’d honestly prefer without the moderator fact checking since it seems biased against the guy who lies constantly

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: September 10, 2024, 09:24:41 PM »
I’d honestly prefer without the moderator fact checking since it seems biased against the guy who lies constantly

Already seen tweets saying oh how curious only one is being fact checked...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: September 10, 2024, 09:29:38 PM »
Would be interested to see how trumpers thought tonight has gone.