Author Topic: 2024 Presidential Race  (Read 67208 times)

311Cat (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Presidential Race
« Reply #2575 on: September 08, 2024, 03:38:22 PM »
I was just in Colorado last month and I can confirm that it has been totally overrun by illegal brown people intent on raping and murdering

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1832797962814009628

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 09, 2024, 02:34:23 PM »
The inner fascist is really starting to surface

As she sits at the top because a massive disinformation campaign protected her former boss.

https://twitter.com/endwokeness/status/1831709604876607760?s=46&t=-jwPwnR3rKHM9sk9hA7h8g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This strikes me as pretty absurd.

The fact that the only quoted part was "misinformation and hate" (which actually wasn't a direct quote) should have tipped you off, if you couldn't be bothered to listen to the video.
Yeah I watched the video.  I found it troubling:
We will hold social media platforms accountable for the hate infiltrating their platforms because they have a responsibility to help fight against this threat to our democracy.  If you profit off of hate, if you act as a megaphone for misinformation...if you don't police your platforms we are going to hold you accountable as a community.

That seems not good to me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 09, 2024, 02:45:25 PM »
They’re really front running Trump looking like crap, lmao. as much as they keep promising it I still don't think Disney is MAGA free based on my last visit unfortunately.

https://x.com/acyn/status/1832224344904495381?s=46&t=odWzhuZU7P443NcVwlC1iQ

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1832234788826296771

Yes, rough ridin' with the Mouse turns out well for anyone.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 09, 2024, 03:02:20 PM »

As she sits at the top because a massive disinformation campaign protected her former boss.

https://twitter.com/endwokeness/status/1831709604876607760?s=46&t=-jwPwnR3rKHM9sk9hA7h8g

The fact that the only quoted part was "misinformation and hate" (which actually wasn't a direct quote) should have tipped you off, if you couldn't be bothered to listen to the video.
We will hold social media platforms accountable for the hate infiltrating their platforms because they have a responsibility to help fight against this threat to our democracy.  If you profit off of hate, if you act as a megaphone for misinformation...if you don't police your platforms we are going to hold you accountable as a community.

What do you think she means?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 09, 2024, 03:04:47 PM »

That she intends to require social media websites to remove "hate" (a nebulous term that means different things depending on POV) and "misinformation" (???) from their platforms, and if they don't, they're going to be penalized.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: September 09, 2024, 03:08:56 PM »
Catturd is freaking out about people eating pets (that he hasn’t drunkenly run over)

Someone want to help me out about maga’s fear about this?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: September 09, 2024, 03:09:44 PM »

That she intends to require social media websites to remove "hate" (a nebulous term that means different things depending on POV) and "misinformation" (???) from their platforms, and if they don't, they're going to be penalized.

Nothing, frankly.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: September 09, 2024, 03:11:34 PM »

Nothing, frankly.
Oh.  Well that's a relief.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: September 09, 2024, 06:12:22 PM »

Nothing, frankly.
Oh.  Well that's a relief.

Saying “we will hold you accountable as a community” doesn’t sound like executive action to me. It sounds like shaming.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: September 09, 2024, 06:49:13 PM »
She's gonna be dishing out that govt shame
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: September 10, 2024, 06:38:11 AM »
Is this more or less troubling than Kamala's statement on social media accountability?

https://x.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1832589096029450360

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: September 10, 2024, 08:23:07 AM »
Is this more or less troubling than Kamala's statement on social media accountability?

This is the crap that makes me think Harris has little to gain by a public debate. He gets to say (if he can complete the full sentence) whatever the hell he wants and she will just get picked a part. Apparently being an old senile person isn't a problem with R's anymore. Weird how that happens.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: September 10, 2024, 08:27:18 AM »

This is the crap that makes me think Harris has little to gain by a public debate. He gets to say (if he can complete the full sentence) whatever the hell he wants and she will just get picked a part. Apparently being an old senile person isn't a problem with R's anymore. Weird how that happens.

I mean he has literally said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" and it is 100% true while people hear a throwaway quote about hate speech online and people are like, "ah, gee, I don't know, pretty concerning if you ask me". There was an interesting article about how the media "sanewashes" Trump last week that I'll dig up

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: September 10, 2024, 08:42:11 AM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: September 10, 2024, 08:59:22 AM »
I think Trump is a lunatic.  I’m pretty sure Harris is going to win, so when she says something crazy/stupid/I don’t like, I’m going to point it out.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: September 10, 2024, 09:10:49 AM »
https://x.com/mediagazer/status/1832425017188978829

yeah, I saw this. Also, Dax is going to lose his crap when he gets here. He's going to be so mad at us for saying the media gives Trump a free pass.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: September 10, 2024, 09:12:40 AM »

I mean he has literally said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" and it is 100% true while people hear a throwaway quote about hate speech online and people are like, "ah, gee, I don't know, pretty concerning if you ask me". There was an interesting article about how the media "sanewashes" Trump last week that I'll dig up

It's also true that he can get shot and nobody would care.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: September 10, 2024, 09:35:25 AM »
I think Trump is a lunatic.  I’m pretty sure Harris is going to win, so when she says something crazy/stupid/I don’t like, I’m going to point it out.

It's interesting, because you wouldn't get that impression from reading your posts. Just like one wouldn't think Trump is insane from reading most stories about him in the media!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: September 10, 2024, 10:42:34 AM »
Debating Trump is a very, very foolish thing to do. Harris’ team is making a huge mistake.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: September 10, 2024, 10:44:00 AM »
Debating Trump is a very, very foolish thing to do. Harris’ team is making a huge mistake.

I think she will be fine. I don't see how it can help her, though, so I agree with you.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: September 10, 2024, 10:55:43 AM »
AGREE!! She has NOTHING to gain and EVERYTHING to lose. You can't have civil discourse with an uncivil person.

Not one single MAGA mind will be changed, but Trump spouting off a few well coined catch phrases, making up complete BS statements, and a catchy derogatory nickname can sway the dum-dums.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 10, 2024, 11:04:07 AM »
A lot of people polled (like 28% in one case) say they want to know more about Harris. This is not true for Trump. So, as long as Harris represents herself well in the debate, she has the opportunity to win lots of votes.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: September 10, 2024, 11:12:27 AM »
A lot of people polled (like 28% in one case) say they want to know more about Harris. This is not true for Trump. So, as long as Harris represents herself well in the debate, she has the opportunity to win lots of votes.
Hopefully she can keep her temper. I think trolling could definitely be a Trump tactic.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 10, 2024, 11:18:50 AM »

It's interesting, because you wouldn't get that impression from reading your posts. Just like one wouldn't think Trump is insane from reading most stories about him in the media!
Yeah I think you guys got the "trump is a lunatic" rhetoric handled pretty well here for the most part. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 10, 2024, 11:34:30 AM »

Yeah, that's how I feel about this "debate". Trump is going to do trump things, and this isn't going to change any cultist minds. But this could for her allow her to very publicly in a non-DNC setting allow her to (hopefully) hold her own and make herself known. I think the biggest thing (and why she absolutely should do it assuming she can) is prove she is mentally light years ahead of Biden, and de facto trump. If you replaced a bumbling Biden and the last thing many people have in their mind is that debate, you have to replace not just Biden as the candidate, but Biden's last memory to the electorate with a new memory of her. That is what she has to do. Prove she's coherent, able to handle zingers and send them back, and have it not devolve into who's golf game is better.

I think her campaign so far has been pretty good at keeping trump off his normal game, and if she can succeed in that and be again, coherent and mentally capable as well as clear, she will bring enough fence sitters over, especially if trump comes off as exceedingly boorish, rambling bully he really is.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla