Author Topic: Learning Piano  (Read 821 times)

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Learning Piano
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2022, 03:29:41 PM »
I found this on the internet once and learned how to play it, though without quite as much flair as the very talented pianist in the video.  Very satisfying nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woISHBc2J-g

Because i committed it to memory i can play it anywhere in the world, even in your living room if you asked me to.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
WOW! If you are ever in St Joe MO can you come play that in my living room? (actually the piano is in the den)

Also I have taken your advice about committing songs to memory.  Whenever I sit down to practice I quickly play through the songs I've memorized to help solidify them into my memory.  Obviously once I learn more songs I won't be able to do this every time but it's helping for now. So far I have memorized Auld Lang Syne, Joy To The World, and a simplified version of Lavender's blue. Now working on Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2022, 03:57:21 PM »
Spracne, are you enjoying the piano? Did it live up to your expectations?

It's still boxed up because I'm lazy.

All you have to do is screw the legs on that's what she said just do it already sheesh!

Offline passranch

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is absolutely kicking my butt right now.  I'm making progress though. I'll post some sound when I have it mastered.

Also what 'cool' song (I mean not a song from by learning book) should I try to play first?

https://youtu.be/ljjWeHmeVE8?t=125

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2022, 06:48:10 PM »

All you have to do is screw the legs on that's what she said just do it already sheesh!

I think tonight's the night. That's what Neil Young said.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:03 PM »

I think tonight's the night. That's what Neil Young said.

https://youtu.be/hykZtBaPKps

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2022, 08:01:51 PM »
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is absolutely kicking my butt right now.  I'm making progress though. I'll post some sound when I have it mastered.

Also what 'cool' song (I mean not a song from by learning book) should I try to play first?

Joel is always a good decision. I found "And So It Goes" and "She's Got a Way" to be pretty easy.

I mean sure, yeah, you could try to learn And So It Goes but like how are you going to play when you have a giant lump in your throat bc you’re trying to fight back the tears? Really bad advice here

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:09 PM »

Joel is always a good decision. I found "And So It Goes" and "She's Got a Way" to be pretty easy.

I mean sure, yeah, you could try to learn And So It Goes but like how are you going to play when you have a giant lump in your throat bc you’re trying to fight back the tears? Really bad advice here

BAC, I didn't just give you this heart for you to proceed to break it.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2022, 11:27:26 PM »
As if that choice was mine to make