Author Topic: Portaling  (Read 57527 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2022, 06:49:24 PM »
I understand Taj Manning is still committed. I was actually hopeful of him as a recruit. It's getting to the point we'll need bodies for practice even if players don't get many minutes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2022, 07:04:39 PM »
They won't need those bodies until July. The position that K-State is in right now, while undesirable, is far from precedent in the transfer portal era. Iowa State and Wichita State both recently had rosters in worse shape and both turned out better than fine. The season hasn't even ended yet.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2022, 07:58:23 PM »
I know quick turnarounds can be done. I'm reflecting on Lon's first year when he brought in Mitch, Henson, Will Smith and Bledsoe. One of the best, if not the best, K-State recruiting classes of all time.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2022, 09:52:08 PM »
I know quick turnarounds can be done. I'm reflecting on Lon's first year when he brought in Mitch, Henson, Will Smith and Bledsoe. One of the best, if not the best, K-State recruiting classes of all time.
Wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2022, 10:59:16 PM »
Wut

All-American and NBA HOF'er, future conference POTY, school's all-time 3-pt percentage leader plus three other solid signees. Yeah, argubly the best K-State class of all time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2022, 11:03:55 PM »
Wut

All-American and NBA HOF'er, future conference POTY, school's all-time 3-pt percentage leader plus three other solid signees. Yeah, argubly the best K-State class of all time.

Yeah it's probably the second best recruiting class of all time. We've only ever had three recruiting classes worth a damn so I don't know how anyone could take exception to what you said.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »
The shittiest Webber team would wipe the floor with those losers

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2022, 11:16:16 AM »
Curious who you think is the third best recruiting class? Claws, The Flush, and Deathbite?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2022, 11:26:25 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2022, 11:41:22 AM »
Curious who you think is the third best recruiting class? Claws, The Flush, and Deathbite?

Yeah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
Pack is going to get PAID
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2022, 12:27:37 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2022, 12:37:43 PM »

We'll see if that's his motivation. If it's NIL he isn't picking Duke, Arizona, or Gonzaga. He's probably going to get the most NIL money, from the schools on that list, from Xavier, Marquette, or Purdue. He has far less value to the blue bloods, or programs like Arizona who constantly pump out NBA talent.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2022, 02:11:59 PM »

We'll see if that's his motivation. If it's NIL he isn't picking Duke, Arizona, or Gonzaga. He's probably going to get the most NIL money, from the schools on that list, from Xavier, Marquette, or Purdue. He has far less value to the blue bloods, or programs like Arizona who constantly pump out NBA talent.

I’d put money on it being Purdue but maybe someone can convince him they can turn him into a 1st round pick.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2022, 06:25:17 PM »

does anyone know for a fact that blue bloods are paying less for a #3 /4option than like Xavier for "the man" on their team?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2022, 06:40:00 PM »

does anyone know for a fact that blue bloods are paying less for a #3 /4option than like Xavier for "the man" on their team?
Would be hard to know something like that for certain, but gun to my head, I’m betting on the blue bloods.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »

Would be hard to know something like that for certain, but gun to my head, I’m betting on the blue bloods.
that's my guess too tbh

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2022, 12:44:55 AM »
Y'all could just look it up, I'm assuming you all can read.

The biggest college basketball NIL deal belongs to a player at Tennessee State. The biggest women's college basketball deal belongs to two women at Fresno State. Ayoka Lee at K-State has national deals with WingStop, Degree, H&R Block, and Academy Sports. The Big 10 and Big 12 are 1 and 2 in total NIL compensation given out to this point, the ACC and SEC are 5th and 6th BEHIND the Big East.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2022, 01:21:36 PM »

The biggest college basketball NIL deal belongs to a player at Tennessee State. The biggest women's college basketball deal belongs to two women at Fresno State. Ayoka Lee at K-State has national deals with WingStop, Degree, H&R Block, and Academy Sports. The Big 10 and Big 12 are 1 and 2 in total NIL compensation given out to this point, the ACC and SEC are 5th and 6th BEHIND the Big East.
The Fresno State girls are the one's with the WWE NIL, right?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2022, 01:28:48 PM »

The Fresno State girls are the one's with the WWE NIL, right?

Yes, among many other deals they have.

Sure there are rumors t of some boosters and schools using NIL to funnel money to recruits but there hasn't been evidence of a lot of that happening. The biggest deals are going to athletes from national brands, just like it's supposed to work. The ones who think NIL has been some seedy underground operation are the same alarmists who thought it would happen when NIL was first announced. There's been no evidence of this happening at all, but I guess if you want to view your school and others like it as little ol victims, you'll see what you want to see.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2022, 08:00:21 PM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2022, 09:29:48 PM »
Can Tang close anyone?  :ohno: