Author Topic: COACH JEROME TANG WELCOME THREAD!!!  (Read 39179 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: COACH JEROME TANG WELCOME THREAD!!!
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2022, 07:09:12 AM »
D Scott (and this really is good)

https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/3/22/sports-extra-tang-thankful-and-ready-to-work.aspx

TANG: You need some dudes, right? At the end of the day, it's not rocket science. You have to get some dudes on campus. There was a time there were some dudes here, and there are a couple dudes still on campus. We just have to get some more dudes around them. The competition is what makes practice every day great, which allows you to raise your level of play when you face competition on the outside. We want to find guys who really embrace competition. If all these guys want to play professionally, guess what, when you go and become a pro, whether its overseas or in the NBA, there are other good players on that roster, and you have to compete against them to get onto the floor. You've got to learn to compete early in life. We want to find kids who are super competitive, and who don't shy away from it, and they don't care that there are other good players. Good players want to play with other good players. Bad players want to play by themselves.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2022, 07:13:45 AM »
I'm going to ignore spanking the two year old and instead focus on getting dudes

:love:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2022, 07:35:31 AM »
I'm going to ignore spanking the two year old and instead focus on getting dudes

LOL, I said the same thing!  And the whole "obedient to his father" thing.  Live and let if (if you go get some dudes).

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2022, 08:16:07 AM »
TANG: When I read about Kansas State basketball and the rich history and traditions, my heart swells, but I also feel a burden as coach because I've become the steward, and I've been entrusted with such a tremendous program and history. I can't do this by myself. To all our alumni and legends, this is your program, and I'm just the dude who's doing it right now. I'm a servant, and I'm here for you guys. I want you to know that this is your program, and you're important to this program and to the future of the program — not just the past but the future.

Your investment and your time, coming by and talking to the guys and spending time with them, and just your knowledge — your investment goes a long way. One of the best things we did at Baylor was our Vet Week, when all the former players would come back in the summer and spend a few days with our guys and just be able to talk to them. Some of the younger ones would play with them, but the older ones would just pour into their lives. There's something about someone who's done it before and who's been there that goes a lot farther than a coach telling them.

You guys are welcome any time to come back. This is your program and we need you in order to be what we're capable of being.

This might be my favorite part of the whole article

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2022, 08:31:22 AM »

i'm.... surprised they kept that in there.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2022, 08:41:12 AM »

Then the line right after that says his wife quit CPS. Holy crap!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2022, 09:20:10 AM »
Look, we are a Michael Beasley away from me forgiving beating an unlimited amount of children.  A Bill Walker gets you like half a dozen kids you can beat with a free pass.  I'd probably say 1, maybe 2, for a Jake Pullen.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2022, 09:23:27 AM »
LOTS of apples going to be given out in the Little Apple, cat fans!

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2022, 09:38:55 AM »
TANG: When I read about Kansas State basketball and the rich history and traditions, my heart swells, but I also feel a burden as coach because I've become the steward, and I've been entrusted with such a tremendous program and history. I can't do this by myself. To all our alumni and legends, this is your program, and I'm just the dude who's doing it right now. I'm a servant, and I'm here for you guys. I want you to know that this is your program, and you're important to this program and to the future of the program — not just the past but the future.

Your investment and your time, coming by and talking to the guys and spending time with them, and just your knowledge — your investment goes a long way. One of the best things we did at Baylor was our Vet Week, when all the former players would come back in the summer and spend a few days with our guys and just be able to talk to them. Some of the younger ones would play with them, but the older ones would just pour into their lives. There's something about someone who's done it before and who's been there that goes a lot farther than a coach telling them.

You guys are welcome any time to come back. This is your program and we need you in order to be what we're capable of being.

:Purple Koolaid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »
 :emawkid:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2022, 09:57:53 AM »

My favorite was the part about being all in like cheering for football, women’s basketball, etc.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2022, 10:10:09 AM »
The fundy religion stuff is going to be a home run with a large portion of the fanbase that doesn't go to games or message board.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2022, 10:13:51 AM »

Then the line right after that says his wife quit CPS. Holy crap!

So wild! Also it was at a job interview when he was dead broke!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2022, 10:31:31 AM »
Tang is going to get Beasley and Pullen Jersey’s hung in the rafters, I can feel it in my plums.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2022, 10:42:48 AM »
Damn. He’s like Snyder. On the surface, soft spoken, nice. Behind closed doors: probably uses the F word

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2022, 11:39:43 AM »
The fundy religion stuff is going to be a home run with a large portion of the fanbase that doesn't go to games or message board.

agreed that the end-times fundie stuff will play well with most of the fan base, hopefully including major boosters who I imagine are the sort of people that eagerly await the next Koch brothers newsletter

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2022, 12:05:33 PM »
My apologies for being too lazy to read entire thread, but has his recruiting skills been discussed?  I'm sure he's factored in his loss of the religious university recruiting advantage (the recruiter gets assistance to the recruit's local Baptist church from the university as a payoff, but not counted as a payoff).

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2022, 12:08:25 PM »

Yes, and a large portion of ‘cruits parents.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2022, 01:01:22 PM »
Just put down the deposit for new season tickets.  Can’t wait to be back amongst the faithful and bring some doom.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2022, 01:11:23 PM »

Yes, and a large portion of ‘cruits parents.

And an extremely large portion of highly rated recruits as well.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2022, 02:18:00 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2022, 02:24:29 PM »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2022, 02:58:23 PM »
you can tell in that video that coach self (who is always very classy) is shitting himself because of this hire by the mus-tang

with the pending death penalty that is about to be levied against ku, and now Tang in MHK, i’d be shocked if he doesn’t bail the ku job any day now

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2022, 03:57:22 PM »
Sign over state ownership now William.