Author Topic: COACH JEROME TANG WELCOME THREAD!!!  (Read 39061 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: COACH JEROME TANG WELCOME THREAD!!!
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2022, 10:32:11 PM »
We need to break out some Altman-era throwbacks, if only for fan. They're nice uniforms too.
I have one!
the program used to have the senior class travel around the state and play the local high school seniors to help build the brand and raise bread for the high schools.  one year they didn’t have five so I got pulled in as the fifth.  I think it was me, ski, daryl cunningham, beane, I think ron lucas had left town or something, I could be wrong about the line up.  anyway, I kept the jersey, my shorts got ganked I think, maybe in a box somewhere.

Wow! I also played in that tour but I was one of the high schoolers. We were the Southwest Kansas All Stars. When they came out to Garden to play their 5th was their manager, Kurt McGuffin.

The last play of the game, I had what I thought was a breakaway dunk. I was going in for the slam, then I saw Cunningham closing in from the wing. I went up but then I flinched because I thought me and the ball was going to get swatted to 1995. Bear in mind, at the time, I was a 6'2" 165 pound center. Because I flinched I bricked the dunk. Cunningham laughed and said "I was going to let you get it, bro" then he patted me on the back.

I was not a K-State fan at the time but those guys were cool as hell and very nice to us. The only one of them who tried to big time is kids was McGuffin, of course. This also was also just a couple of weeks after Ski went off against a State.

They wore white against us. Their jerseys were slightly nicer and cooler than ours.

that’s a great story about DC, he is a hell of a guy- currently an assistant coach at indiana state.  he gave me his mcdonald’s all american practice jersey which I still have to this day.  captain kurt (mcguffin) also played with us as he was the lead manager and dealt with all of the logistics for the guys on the tour.  he’s currently the ad at ut-martin. 
i remember the gym floor in baileyville was like a trampoline.  so was manhattan high, good times.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 24, 2022, 11:02:30 PM »
Good grief do either of you own an iron  :sdeek:

Look at the millennial not knowing an iron would melt the crap out of that jersey if I put an iron within 50 feet of it.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 24, 2022, 11:35:14 PM »
What a pair of studs
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
COACH JEROME TANG WELCOME THREAD!!!
« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2022, 09:34:11 AM »

Look at the millennial not knowing an iron would melt the crap out of that jersey if I put an iron within 50 feet of it.
Ok boomer
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 25, 2022, 05:23:18 PM »

i remember the gym floor in baileyville was like a trampoline.  so was manhattan high, good times.

may it RIP.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »

I don't want to insert myself into this argument but I just want to let you know at first glance I thought that jersey read RAT All Stars, which would have been pretty cool.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 04, 2023, 02:01:29 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 04, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
Tang likes this tweet. What a stud.  :love:

https://twitter.com/TOCMillertime/status/1610658999363330048?s=20&t=dNG_1BdBof0hiAcBoUJqrg
Fans opinions about former coaches are critical to the success of any program. That’s why that jerk ksu_FAN (“Fire Asbury Now”) needs to be banned.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 04, 2023, 03:24:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/TOCMillertime/status/1610658999363330048?s=20&t=dNG_1BdBof0hiAcBoUJqrg
Fans opinions about former coaches are critical to the success of any program. That’s why that jerk ksu_FAN (“Fire Asbury Now”) needs to be banned.

if i would have known that's what FAN stood for I would have demanded the mods ban his ass. unreal.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 04, 2023, 11:13:13 PM »
He definitely didn't continue to whine about Asbury after he left and Asbury was the worst K-State basketball coach in all of our lifetimes.

Chase Miller was being polite. Anyone crying about oscar Weber, either complaining about him, or complaining about how unfairly he was treated, is a huge loser. It's Tang time, who gives a crap about any coach not here.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »

Guys, I know Coach Tang has what it takes to heal the Wildcat Nation. 

Had this thought while I was taking a shower this morning: How is Coach Tang going to respond to the "eff KU" chant in the OOD on 1/17? Has he encountered a force as strong as the hatred Cat fans have for KU? Will this break his focus on owning Bill Self?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2023, 10:50:45 AM »

Had this thought while I was taking a shower this morning: How is Coach Tang going to respond to the "eff KU" chant in the OOD on 1/17? Has he encountered a force as strong as the hatred Cat fans have for KU? Will this break his focus on owning Bill Self?

Will he briefly take over PA duties from Mitch “The Fort” Fortner? Time will tell.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »

Will he briefly take over PA duties from Mitch “The Fort” Fortner? Time will tell.
Could he convince the Cat people to chant "Bless KU" in unison?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 05, 2023, 11:20:20 AM »
If I were a student (can’t wait to enroll as a freshman next year! Go cats!) and Tang offered:
“If we are 4-1 or better in conference play going in to the ku game then students you guys chant “LETS GO TEAM!” during sandstorm…if I were a student (not old enough yet) I would absolutely take that bargain

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 05, 2023, 12:22:41 PM »

No. He's far too cool for that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 05, 2023, 01:06:39 PM »
Bullet dodged. I don't care if you are a coach, preacher, boss, parent, whatever, relating to people like this is dumb:

https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1610834003203964930?s=20&t=NgdJ0L1TJy3kHJFMW0B1OA

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 05, 2023, 02:48:50 PM »
Looks to this lip reader that he was talking about living in a van down by the river.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 05, 2023, 03:02:43 PM »
Looks to this lip reader that he was talking about living in a van down by the river.

Evergreen Halloween costume

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2023, 05:39:07 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2023, 05:43:46 PM »
Is it better to be oil or water  :confused:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2023, 05:47:25 PM »
Oil floats to the top  :bball:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2023, 06:42:48 PM »
yes oil and water seem pretty easy to separate, no sharks required

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2023, 07:49:50 PM »
Probably should xpost to social media thread but apparently Tang has been locked out of twitter for 3 weeks :lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2023, 12:10:17 PM »
He's the lead drum guy at arrowhead for Bears game.