Author Topic: dumb things about illionois  (Read 18017 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: dumb things about illionois
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2022, 01:27:53 PM »
Not a good game for the breads

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2022, 04:37:08 PM »
Bread, did you see @Cartierfor3's stadium app idea on the football board? What did you think?

Regrettably I did not.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2022, 04:43:57 PM »
Not a good game for the breads

Yeah, the thing is I fully expect several of those this season with the hope of maybe finally getting hot in the tournament for a fun little run.  Too many freshmen playing key roles, and the only two seniors are first year in the program and were role players at their previous joints.  Lot to put together in one season to be consistent early on.  Our guy Brad says they're the 2nd youngest team in the power five.  I have no idea if that's accurate, but maybe.  His ass was righteously chapped in the post game presser.  Outside of making the tournament I don't have expectations for this bunch.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2022, 06:29:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/bigtennetwork/status/1601724385835896832?s=46&t=BAMgw1y-3pk9891zlidsgQ

hey brad, it’s just a game of basketball bro.  when coaches act like they are splitting atoms i get embarrassed for them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2022, 01:05:51 PM »
jackass

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2022, 11:36:15 AM »
I feel like that speech is one you give in the locker room. Just comes off like an ass when having a tantrum to the media.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2022, 02:38:32 PM »
I feel like that speech is one you give in the locker room. Just comes off like an ass when having a tantrum to the media.

Ain't no way he would be that dismissive of Terrance Shannon to his face. Sure be critical of things he did or didn't do, but making a fart noise about someone leadership? complete horseshit.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
I don't know, but everyone that passes themselves off as having connections to the program universally agree he's much worse behind closed doors.  Raging piss baby is his preferred coach em up style.  Can't say it isn't a concern if he wants to be a ggregggg or a bobby, but I have the luxury of being able to walk away if he burns it down like a dumbfuck.  Shannon tweeted some crap about him being the best coach in the country after that presser.  I can't see how that behavior flies anymore from coaches.  I suppose it does until it doesn't.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2022, 08:36:20 AM »
wow. bullet dodged.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2022, 09:46:19 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2022, 09:49:16 PM »
Yikes.  Looks like Brad lost these guys.  Turns out that presser tantrum wasn't the play.  Looks just like 2012 when oscar had a legitimately stacked team talent-wise and it completly fell apart and they all just quit on him.  Mayer flat out can't stand him.  Not a good look when players from winning programs think your program culture is crap.  #oof #pissbabybrad #notourguy #collegehoopshiatus

Tang tho.  :emawkid:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2022, 10:13:47 PM »
Goddamn 20 point loss and it wasn't anywhere close to that competitive

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2022, 10:28:14 PM »
I didn't watch it, but I think they were down 40 at one point.  They were never in it against Penn State at home either.  Those are decent teams at their very best.  How he went from beating UCLA and Texas to getting absolutely crap on in these games is an accomplishment of sorts.  Tank a season speedrun any percent.  No notes for the ol' bradster on that one. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2022, 10:31:17 PM »
hopefully brad doesn’t turn to the bottle

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2022, 10:32:40 PM »
the illini need a player’s only meeting, brad not invited

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2022, 10:35:48 PM »
Think they already tried that.  #ITKnuggie   #nomnom 

Ts and Ps to brad's burgeoning alcoholism. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2023, 08:34:43 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2023, 08:36:36 AM »
He better start winning again. Usually can only act like such an bad person if you're winning.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2023, 10:59:45 AM »

But, I mean, how is that any different from Frank? I loved Frank as a fan, but that kind of stuff is revolting to me now. Does it mean Brad is a terrible person? No. I have no idea what kind of man he is. So thankful we have a guy like Tang. I believe he is fully genuine in his demeanor.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2023, 11:01:43 AM »

But, I mean, how is that any different from Frank? I loved Frank as a fan, but that kind of stuff is revolting to me now. Does it mean Brad is a terrible person? No. I have no idea what kind of man he is. So thankful we have a guy like Tang. I believe he is fully genuine in his demeanor.

it isn't any different from Frank

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2023, 11:08:31 AM »

Peas....pod.  If I recall, didn't he take kinda take over for Frank one year?  I can't remember the circumstance but he came in and gave us some new life.  I thought it was because he had a different style.... apparently not.  :blank:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2023, 11:17:48 AM »

Peas....pod.  If I recall, didn't he take kinda take over for Frank one year?  I can't remember the circumstance but he came in and gave us some new life.  I thought it was because he had a different style.... apparently not.  :blank:

He got credit for fixing the offense Pullen's Sr year. 

I don't have much of a problem with Underwood's style.  I'd rather win without it, I guess, but as long as he isn't crossing any lines then whatever.  I do think roster turnover could become a bigger problem with the new transfer rules.  I also think nearly every player could play for Tang, whereas only about a third could play for Frank/Undy.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2023, 11:32:38 AM »
If the Jerome Tang approach to life and coaching youngsters can still get them to play like JYCs then I’m here for it.
If I’m being honest, what I loved about Frank was the style of play he got out of his players, not his fiery temper (liking a coach for being a hot head feels very Iowa/Iowa state-y if that makes sense?) although time will tell if these things are mutually exclusive

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2023, 11:44:23 AM »
I've said this before but I've evolved on Frank over time/age/experience. I totally accepted and excused the way he behaved, but you don't need to behave like him to get players to play hard and it's really insulting to your players to think you do. Berating/verbally abusing/screaming has no place in teaching or improving the lives of kids.

(college basketball players are kids)