Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230494 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #8375 on: April 15, 2024, 03:54:06 PM »
Look at the deflectocon in full action.

So those few sentences (from an article that was written yesterday) were the entire article?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: April 15, 2024, 04:41:37 PM »
Whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and his government will agree to leave it at that was not yet clear as the country’s war cabinet met for several hours on Sunday to make decisions about its next steps.

The U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions, stressed that the decision about whether and how to respond was ultimately up to Israel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/14/world/middleeast/biden-netanyahu-israel-iran-strikes.html

Post the link I quoted from (that I know #blogkaren posted) because how simple it is to post a link and not be cryptic and lazy AF as some are . . .

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 04:46:22 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: April 15, 2024, 04:43:01 PM »
:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: April 15, 2024, 04:44:02 PM »
#trimdorkin is confused again

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: April 15, 2024, 04:51:31 PM »
The best part of reading #blueanon go to media is seeing that while we may still be on the cusp of a major war between two nations in the volatile Middle East - they're still all Don Trump.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: April 15, 2024, 05:07:32 PM »
:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: April 15, 2024, 05:09:59 PM »
Finally dax's agenda comes out. How dare the media report on the trial of the former president.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: April 15, 2024, 05:41:47 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

:blush: :blush: :blush: by how weirdly obsessed #blueanon/#blueanongE is with Don Trump

(while also avoiding the primary topic of this thread and specifically the last couple of rounds of posts . . . which is all 1000% #onbrand)  :thumbsup:

stalkerbottin and #trimdorkin  :thumbsup:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8385 on: April 15, 2024, 05:45:21 PM »
Dax, you brought up trump
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: April 15, 2024, 05:50:11 PM »
Yes, and I'm talking about how weirdly obsessed your go to media is with the dude even in the face of a major war in the Middle East, Don Trump is always on the #blueanon/#blueanongE mind.   :thumbsup:

Strange that I have to clear that up for you, seems pretty simple for most . . .

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: April 16, 2024, 08:07:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1779964782181011613
This is great news. Iran appearing as impotent as Russia against the best available tech. Excellent deterrent to wider war.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: April 16, 2024, 08:09:14 AM »
LMAO - there were entire Patriot batteries taken out by the Russians in Ukraine. There’s still lots of hypersonic  missiles getting through in Ukraine as well. Anyone who believes the claimed shoot down rate is either a giant derp or holds stock in defense contractors, if not both.

Missiles defense was effective against slow drones, and relatively low tech easily detectable high trajectory Iranian ballistic missiles and non stealth cruise missiles fired from over 1500 miles away with copious levels of advance warning.

One day #blueanon #neocon will understand that for many Islamic states it’s about the action itself, not the effectiveness of the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #8390 on: April 16, 2024, 08:58:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1779964782181011613
Noah is being so incredibly dishonest it is hard to read.

He starts by conflating nuclear armed ICBMs with cruise missiles, drones, and short to medium range ballistic missiles. Then has a quote from Yglesias without context talking about nuclear ICBMs and makes the following points:
1) N Korea and other rogue states didn’t at the time have the technology to hit us with ICBMs
2) missile defense against nuclear ICBMs was nearly impossible

Noah then concedes that on the actual issue being discussed then Matt was right and is still right today.

But then he fails to mention the fact that the Bush administration in pursuing missile defense also just happened to basically dismantle the entire arms control treaty architecture that had slowly worked to set norms against a new arms race in ICBMs, ABMs and the militarization of space.

We can’t blame Bush for the looming expiration of START, but it certainly didn’t help that they unilaterally withdrew from multiple arms control treaties to pursue what even Noah describes as a failed strategy to prevent ICBMs ending our civilization.

Anyways, they largely pivoted to anti-terrorism afterwards but the arms control damage had already been done. We are in a much worse position with regard to arms control because of these choices.

On the A-10/F-35 debate—I take his point, I can acknowledge that the F35 seems to be much more successful than was thought by many.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: April 16, 2024, 01:05:29 PM »
I can acknowledge that the F35 seems to be much more successful than was thought by many.

that's all i ever wanted.

on arms control, it's ironic, at least to me, that the policies favored by isolationists (you and dax) provide an enormous incentive for countries around the world to reengage with nuclear weapons development.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: April 16, 2024, 01:16:09 PM »
the F35 could not live up to it's promises but it could also be the most advanced combat aircraft we have.

Both things can be true.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: April 16, 2024, 01:42:38 PM »
Yes, isolationism and disengagement from diplomacy and arms control has always been my main talking point.   :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for #neocons like sys, not wanting a new war every 10 minutes is viewed as isolationism. It's patiently absurd and indicative of a monolithic-single lane low IQ mindset.

I am curious as to what @sys thinks about multiple rounds of tarmac cash for Iran that was done unilaterally by two administrations, and the fact that all attempts to curtail Iran's nuclear ambition (now facing serious headwinds) did virtually nothing to thwart missile development by Iran.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: April 16, 2024, 01:45:44 PM »
I can acknowledge that the F35 seems to be much more successful than was thought by many.

that's all i ever wanted.

on arms control, it's ironic, at least to me, that the policies favored by isolationists (you and dax) provide an enormous incentive for countries around the world to reengage with nuclear weapons development.
Really? I guess I am a bit of an accelerationist on arms control but I don’t think I’ve talked about it.

My number one preference would be to bring all countries in to the arms control agreements and continue to negotiate and expand them.

My second best option is for further proliferation, which is already occurring, to force us back to the number one preference because it scares people straight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: April 16, 2024, 02:11:05 PM »
i don't think many countries are gonna agree to give up or forgo nukes when they can see the consequences in ukraine (or examples on the opposite side of the ledger).

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: April 18, 2024, 09:40:00 PM »
I don't know what's going on, but I'm absolutely certain it's Joe Biden's fault.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: April 18, 2024, 09:53:29 PM »
This one could get dicey for everyone. Iran isn’t going to like a direct attack on their own soil.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #8399 on: April 18, 2024, 10:42:37 PM »
You cannot hold a nation that says they see no food warfare going on and then admits several weeks later there’s food/starvation warfare going on (via Samantha “war always follows” Powers) responsible for anything . . . #blogkaren defender of all things Pedo Pete

As they used the see no evil reasoning to continue to fund and supply the perps . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk