Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229836 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #7725 on: October 09, 2023, 05:57:45 PM »
Is the basic Dax position that Russia wasn't involved in this and it's just another justification to keep fighting in Ukraine?

I don't get any link between Hamas attacking Israel and then that being used by the Russians to keep fighting in Ukraine.  That's just so weird.

The only people trying to make that kind of stretch are the neocons at the ISW and that whole gang has wanted war with Russia for decades now.  It's the same core group that brought you Iraq Part II and the debacles after that.  They love love perpetual war and sadly our crap brained President is surrounded by them.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: October 09, 2023, 06:10:30 PM »
Is the basic Dax position that Russia wasn't involved in this and it's just another justification to keep fighting in Ukraine?

I don't get any link between Hamas attacking Israel and then that being used by the Russians to keep fighting in Ukraine.  That's just so weird.

The only people trying to make that kind of stretch are the neocons at the ISW and that whole gang has wanted war with Russia for decades now.  It's the same core group that brought you Iraq Part II and the debacles after that.  They love love perpetual war and sadly our crap brained President is surrounded by them.

I meant the US using this attack and linking it back to Russia as a way to continue justifying fighting Russia in Ukraine.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: October 09, 2023, 06:16:47 PM »
#slowdug's neocons at the ISW are trying to do that now.  Sadly that's the Kagans and thus it is Tori Nuland our undersecretary of perpetual war.

ISW Founder: Kimberly Kagan , married to Fred Kagan an AEI multi generational neocon

Fred Kagan's brother is Robert Kagan a founding father of the Project for a New American Century along with Bill Kristol . . . Robert Kagan is married to Victoria Nuland

That's the core gang who made sure the U.S. has spent about $20 trillion on war over the last two decades.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: October 09, 2023, 09:46:25 PM »
Christ, dax is fuggin weird as hell ...

I'm not clicking on any of his pit posts in either of the war threads until this Israel Palestine conflict reaches, at least, a temporary crease fire. I'm certain he's saying problematic things that are going to piss me off more than they should.

I think I'll join you.

What if the cease fire doesn't come for months or years???  :dunno: :runaway: :dunno:

It's certainly possible, unfortunately. I think I'll survive not seeing posts by one poster in two threads.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: October 11, 2023, 06:13:19 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: October 11, 2023, 06:19:54 PM »
What I wouldn't give for a Felix Rex report on this whole sitch

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: October 12, 2023, 09:39:55 AM »
Shits popping off

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: October 12, 2023, 12:28:44 PM »
The Iranian PM's flight was diverted to Baghdad because of the strikes on Syria.  IT was another Iranian flight trying to land in Syria, but the Iranian FM is in Baghdad. 

There is talk of feverish discussions to avoid a ground offensive on Gaza.  I am not sure who is spearheading those efforts. 

It is also estimated that Hezbollah has tens of thousands of rockets and over 80,000 armed fighters in Lebanon and Syria. 

#worldatwarwiththebidenadministration

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:36:15 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: October 12, 2023, 01:05:48 PM »
Where do they get these rockets

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: October 12, 2023, 01:08:33 PM »
Where do they get these rockets

Underground tunnels and home made.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: October 12, 2023, 01:25:22 PM »
It is claimed that in Gaza, Hamas takes the pipes intended for sewers and water supplies and turns them  into rocket launchers

Keeping in mind that the current administration failed to vet over $100 million in aid to Gaza last year, despite Congressional calls for oversight and internal state memos stating concern that Hamas could benefit.

#worldatwarwiththebidenadministration

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: October 12, 2023, 01:26:41 PM »
Are you still alleging that Iran's $6 billion that Qatar has frozen was the source for this offensive or have you let that one go?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: October 12, 2023, 01:28:34 PM »
Are you still alleging that Iran's $6 billion that Qatar has frozen was the source for this offensive or have you let that one go?

Are you still trying to deny that the $6 billion that was unfrozen for the Iranians didn't make them feel emboldened.

I am now specifically talking about the over $100 million in "aid" that was sent to Gaza.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: October 12, 2023, 01:33:11 PM »
#neocongE/#blueanongE conveniently forgets about the $10 billion (on to top of the $6b) that was unfrozen earlier this year.

Edit - In the $10 billion dollar deal, the U.S. violated its own sanctions.

#clowncar

Edit two - Now we know why the Iranian FM landed in Baghdad today??

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 01:37:13 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7740 on: October 12, 2023, 01:34:26 PM »

Are you still trying to deny that the $6 billion that was unfrozen for the Iranians didn't make them feel emboldened.

I am now specifically talking about the over $100 million in "aid" that was sent to Gaza.

Your claim is now speculating on how the Iranians feel? How many steps down the logical chain is Hamas from Iran's feelings?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: October 12, 2023, 01:36:00 PM »

Your claim is now speculating on how the Iranians feel? How many steps down the logical chain is Hamas from Iran's feelings?

The overall political feeling and actual actions in Iran towards supporting Hamas are 1A on the Iranian feelings/actions chart.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: October 12, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: October 12, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »

The overall political feeling and actual actions in Iran towards supporting Hamas are 1A on the Iranian feelings/actions chart.

Iran's BFF re: Israel is Hezbollah.  Apart from sinking any KSA-Israel agreement and putting stress to the Abraham Accords, I don't see Iran having much actual ongoing interest in having Hamas riding their coattails while being the Crazy.  $100 billion in frozen funds is what their eye is on, and Hamas just set that back to nearly square one.

This M.O. was also pretty far outside the pale of Hezbollah/Iran actions.  But it does line up with other actors who have a huge reason to divert the attention of the West.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: October 12, 2023, 03:08:42 PM »
There's video circulating with hamas and russian speaking guys during the initial assaults so there's that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: October 12, 2023, 03:19:04 PM »
I have been shocked before, and this entire operation is a shock in terms of its size and sophistication, but I would be SHOCKED if Russia felt like they had extra time/people/energy to do a side quest in Israel/Palestine. Especially since Russia and Israel have a pretty good record of cooperation and there are a ton of Russians living in Israel.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: October 12, 2023, 04:45:33 PM »

Iran's BFF re: Israel is Hezbollah.  Apart from sinking any KSA-Israel agreement and putting stress to the Abraham Accords, I don't see Iran having much actual ongoing interest in having Hamas riding their coattails while being the Crazy.  $100 billion in frozen funds is what their eye is on, and Hamas just set that back to nearly square one.

This M.O. was also pretty far outside the pale of Hezbollah/Iran actions.  But it does line up with other actors who have a huge reason to divert the attention of the West.

It's certainly a possibility that Iran won't get the $6b.

I agree there's more focus on Hezbollah by Iran.  Because Hezbollah is bigger and they control the predominance of one of Israel's neighbors and have a shield in another neighbor.  As they fight alongside a standing army to keep that regime in power. 

That said, Hamas is a massive resource drain has moved well beyond a distraction for the Israelis, obviously.  Thus they will continue to get strong support from Iran.

While the articles are a bit cryptic, it appears that the Iranian funds frozen in Iraq have already been released, $10bn. 

Keep Israeli's bogged down, bust up the Abraham Accords, already got $10b (which was only released because Pedo Pete's administration gave the approval)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: October 12, 2023, 07:32:43 PM »
The plane of the Iranian FM is now in Beirut

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: October 12, 2023, 08:03:58 PM »
Blinks is going on a magical mystery of the Middle East.

When a SOS goes on one of those it often means one thing.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: October 12, 2023, 08:10:27 PM »
There's a coup coming yall!