Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 229383 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #3451 on: August 10, 2022, 11:10:52 AM »
The M777's are true first world military weapon.  They weren't really designed to be drug around through fields by trucks.  The U.S./NATO move them by helicopter over long distances, or ensure good roads.  We're also giving them to Ukraine without the sophisticated targeting technology.   They require lots of maintenance by trained top tier crews. 

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: August 10, 2022, 11:51:48 AM »
it does feel good.

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1557048300318105601

Pure armchair #neocon fap material.

The actual reports are, the Ukrainian military has suffered catastrophic losses, and what U.S. and NATO supplied equipment that actually makes it to the battlefield is being burned through at rates that our military leaders didn't expect unless there was total war with Russia or China.

Considering the systems that have been given are perhaps only 10% of the "combined" part of the "combined arms" nature of the engagements they were designed to fight in, excess loss would be expected, if reports are accurate.  Add in a learning curve in operation and tactical use, and there you go.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: August 10, 2022, 01:13:51 PM »
it does feel good.

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1557048300318105601

That guy may well be right about this, but he is a rough ridin' moron for his claims about aircraft carriers. There has not been a war game in the past 20 years where aircraft carriers (and surface vessels in general) were not the first thing off the board, they are absolutely not going to make it in a major conflict.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: August 11, 2022, 07:47:37 AM »
LOL, we just can’t help ourselves. Threaten, threaten, threaten . . .

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/05/world/europe/us-africa-russia-sanctions.html

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: August 11, 2022, 04:00:36 PM »
If that was processed through the Ukrainian Digital Information Ministry immediately consider it mis/disinformation

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: August 11, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
BREAKING:  Good news for sys and SD, but not so good for Russian lover Dax.

.

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: August 11, 2022, 05:20:28 PM »
If you're against stupid avoidable wars and derps believing Ukrainian propaganda than you're a Putin Lover: Katpappy

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: August 12, 2022, 09:05:18 AM »
passed out lol

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: August 12, 2022, 09:23:28 AM »
What’s current prediction on how long this lasts?  I didn’t anticipate it to even last this long, might be a multi year one huh?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: August 12, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: August 12, 2022, 10:14:38 AM »
What’s current prediction on how long this lasts?  I didn’t anticipate it to even last this long, might be a multi year one huh?
Unless Ukraine finds a way to quickly evict Russia from the territory they are occupying, it could go on for a while, especially given Putin's love for helping humanitarian disasters to fester forever.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: August 12, 2022, 10:22:15 AM »
Unless Ukraine finds a way to quickly evict Russia from the territory they are occupying, it could go on for a while, especially given Putin's love for helping humanitarian disasters to fester forever.
Ukraine has blown up 5000+ armored vehicles but Russia is pulling more out of storage and has 10's of thousands more so it seems like no end is near.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: August 12, 2022, 02:46:10 PM »
insane Javelin footage. I still think it is crazy that an infantry-carried rocket launcher can take out a tank like this.

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1558166133475262466?s=20&t=Jt371M2RjvQOmP1HOmG7OQ

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: August 12, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
I don't think anyone has any handle on Ukranian military numbers/capacity other than material support coming in and videos. The Ukranians definitely successfully held off the push for Kyiv and that was a huge success and achievement. My prediction for awhile has been that I don't think that Ukranians will be able to regain the lost territory in the South or East and I haven't seen anything that has changed my mind. How much more progress the Russians make is hard to tell.

I think a negotiated settlement would be best for most Europeans (and probably most Ukrainians) but I kind of think that this thing is a long slog.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: August 12, 2022, 03:28:57 PM »
You certainly don’t have a handle on it so I’m not sure why you’re making predictions lmao

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 12, 2022, 03:40:10 PM »
American's lamenting prolonging humanitarian disasters is just fantastic.  Just a wholesale lack of awareness and thought on every possible level.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: August 12, 2022, 03:53:41 PM »
You certainly don’t have a handle on it so I’m not sure why you’re making predictions lmao

I don't think anyone paying attention to the news has an accurate idea of Ukraine's military size, their losses, how many more recruits they can muster.

Do you? So you're right, no one here really knows much of anything, but here we are talking about it.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: August 12, 2022, 05:22:00 PM »
I don't think anyone has any handle on Ukranian military numbers/capacity other than material support coming in and videos. The Ukranians definitely successfully held off the push for Kyiv and that was a huge success and achievement. My prediction for awhile has been that I don't think that Ukranians will be able to regain the lost territory in the South or East and I haven't seen anything that has changed my mind. How much more progress the Russians make is hard to tell.

I think a negotiated settlement would be best for most Europeans (and probably most Ukrainians) but I kind of think that this thing is a long slog.

Pretty much this, from my POV.  A couple of things:

• Ukraine can likely make Crimea untenable, but not likely outright regain it. Russia is going to need to figure out *now* how to support Sevastopol.
  • Russia will need to absolutely fight to keep Ukraine from gaining a line from Dnipro-Zaporizhzhya-Melitopol.  If Ukraine can force this line - which includes the nuclear power station - it would be game over for Sevastopol as anything more than an outpost.
  • Russia can likewise continue to make life hell out of indiscriminate rocket/missile attacks about everywhere, at least until either they decide they can't expend anymore and not totally drop trou elsewhere, or they are able to blackmarket source enough components to build something.
  • Likewise, Donetsk will be untenable for Ukraine to hold if they can regain it. Its been too Russian adjacent for too long that partisanship will be Middle-East like.
  • Its getting close to the point, if not already there, where the westernization of Ukraine's military will be a complete fait accompli.  There's going to be little choice as the rest of Eastern Europe is well on their way with their Russian/Soviet stocks of weapons all funneled into the Ukraine special disposal action.
  • I think a DMZ of sorts develops somewhere either side of a Kharkiv/Berdyansk line. Although there's a hell of a lot of farmland right in that pocket.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:10:17 PM by Woogy »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: August 12, 2022, 05:58:30 PM »
Ukraine has blown up 5000+ armored vehicles but Russia is pulling more out of storage and has 10's of thousands more so it seems like no end is near.

Just need to hold them off a bit longer and let our military industrial complex get fully geared up.  I wonder how many Javelins are in WIP at Lockheed?!?!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: August 14, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »
ukraine war twitter is having a fun day with those long range hits.
Kind of interesting that the Ukrainians claimed it was partisans and/or Ukrainian long range missiles/drone when evidence points to it being HIMARS.