Author Topic: TRUMP v. NOBODY! 2024 PRIMARY BLOODBATH!  (Read 60515 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP v. DESANTIS! LAST MAGA STANDING 2024 BLOODBATH SHOWDOWN!
« Reply #1750 on: August 24, 2023, 01:32:40 PM »
IMO, the only hope the current system has is for rapid and massive GOP losses in the next couple of elections.  They need to lose so bad and in so many races that the party has to wrestle control back from the morons.

Otherwise, there basically is no party, just the swaying in the wind with angry people who only listen to pure fiction and propaganda.

they already got smoked, they just claim election fraud and then pretend they won.  I agree that fat ron could have come out hot and pointed out that everyone close to trump got whipped.

They need to lose to the point that they have less than 40% of the house and senate.

Yep, we are in the middle of the losing, not the end.  Not if the party will fix itself. If the losing doesn’t continue to be widespread, we are probably looking at some pretty nasty stuff in the future. I mean, there isn’t any political super power in line behind Biden, so it is probably only a couple years before the Dems fully embrace the Trump like bullshit and we are left with nothing functional at all.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 24, 2023, 01:36:08 PM »
Middle-of-the-road Pete is the way.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 24, 2023, 02:44:37 PM »
moving the ramaswamy discussion over here where it belongs, i don't think vp is his end goal.  or if it is, i don't think he's doing it quite right.  he's too lockstepped with trump.  ideally a vp should add support to the ticket from voters that might otherwise have cold feet.

i think his best case goal is trump gets derailed by the criminal cases against him and ramaswamy is positioned to get his endorsement against whoever the non-trump frontrunner ends up being.

i think his safety goal is a trump cabinet position.  or worst case (obviously not the actual worst thing that can come down the pipeline for him), he's made a name for himself with the dominant faction of republican voters and can subsequently run for something in ohio.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 24, 2023, 02:50:50 PM »
i think the big loser last night was scott.  from the start, people have been eyeing him as the ideal candidate to build a big tent candidacy, inoffensive to all corners of republicandom.  but he was just a complete dud last night, the least juicy of a juiceless bunch.  if you're a republican desperate for someone to take the candidacy from trump, there's no way you could have watched last night and decided, well we've gotta move on from desantis, just doesn't have the juice.  let's start moving some eggs into scott's basket.

haley was the one who showed the most spark, but she doesn't really hit the inoffensive to everyone spot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 24, 2023, 02:58:29 PM »
Everyone except for Christie and Hutchison raised their hands that they would support Trump if nominated even if he's convicted of a felony.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 24, 2023, 03:00:22 PM »
Everyone except for Christie and Hutchison raised their hands that they would support Trump if nominated even if he's convicted of a felony.

And therefore, I respect them. It's a long play, but it's the right one.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 24, 2023, 03:04:06 PM »
i think the big loser last night was scott.  from the start, people have been eyeing him as the ideal candidate to build a big tent candidacy, inoffensive to all corners of republicandom.  but he was just a complete dud last night, the least juicy of a juiceless bunch.  if you're a republican desperate for someone to take the candidacy from trump, there's no way you could have watched last night and decided, well we've gotta move on from desantis, just doesn't have the juice.  let's start moving some eggs into scott's basket.

haley was the one who showed the most spark, but she doesn't really hit the inoffensive to everyone spot.
I think that Haley or Tim Scott would have a great chance against Biden in the general election. I think that the November 2022 version of DeSantis would have crushed Biden as well (not sure about the anti-Mickey Mouse DeSantis that has been on offer for the last 6 mos). The way that primaries force candidate to pander to the craziest segment of the party base in our system is really dumb and bad for the country.

Edit: Pence might have a chance vs Biden in 2024 but I think some of his social issue positions would scare off a lot of voters in a general election. Probably would have beat Biden in 2020.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 03:59:30 PM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 25, 2023, 09:57:04 PM »
moving the ramaswamy discussion over here where it belongs, i don't think vp is his end goal.  or if it is, i don't think he's doing it quite right.  he's too lockstepped with trump.  ideally a vp should add support to the ticket from voters that might otherwise have cold feet.

i think his best case goal is trump gets derailed by the criminal cases against him and ramaswamy is positioned to get his endorsement against whoever the non-trump frontrunner ends up being.

i think his safety goal is a trump cabinet position.  or worst case (obviously not the actual worst thing that can come down the pipeline for him), he's made a name for himself with the dominant faction of republican voters and can subsequently run for something in ohio.

I agree with all this but to be clear, trump will never, ever endorse anyone else. He could literally be in jail and he still wouldn't endorse anyone else.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 25, 2023, 09:59:26 PM »

Christie did, sheepishly, raise his hand but only after he saw that everyone to his left did. The only person who did it enthusiastically, without looking for or waiting for anyone else was ramaswamy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 26, 2023, 04:40:42 PM »
Yeah, I think he might be worse than De Santis.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 26, 2023, 04:42:00 PM »
Yeah, I think he might be worse than De Santis.

Feature, not bug.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 29, 2023, 10:14:07 PM »
I think I might stop posting tweets about this dude, he's such a massive sack of crap. I honestly don't remember anyone selling out as hard as he is just to try to siphon some trump votes.

He's the Indian version of Clayton Bigsby and Uncle Ruckus all rolled into one person.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1696500444988940381

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1696590624953143363

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 29, 2023, 10:24:29 PM »

I think that Haley or Tim Scott would have a great chance against Biden in the general election. I think that the November 2022 version of DeSantis would have crushed Biden as well (not sure about the anti-Mickey Mouse DeSantis that has been on offer for the last 6 mos). The way that primaries force candidate to pander to the craziest segment of the party base in our system is really dumb and bad for the country.

Edit: Pence might have a chance vs Biden in 2024 but I think some of his social issue positions would scare off a lot of voters in a general election. Probably would have beat Biden in 2020.

Idk of anyone RN that can beat Biden unless the economy tanks between now and then. Obviously super possible but until they unhitch themselves from trump or have a candidate that can appeal to the middle they are a shrinking lost cause.

I think I might stop posting tweets about this dude, he's such a massive sack of crap. I honestly don't remember anyone selling out as hard as he is just to try to siphon some trump votes.

He's the Indian version of Clayton Bigsby and Uncle Ruckus all rolled into one person.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1696500444988940381

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1696590624953143363

Of course he's selling out. His only play is to be young non white version of trump. That's it, and I think most pubs are still to xenophobic to even support this guy cause he ain't white. Even if they seem him as an Indian Uncle Tom
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 29, 2023, 11:23:39 PM »
2024 will be close regardless, Biden is in a decent position. However, the GOP has Fox News and they literally just lied to say the marines charged a family to get their fallen loved one’s remains.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-apologizes-falsely-reporting-204335931.html

Do not underestimate Fox News's ability to create fake stories and make the, in their words “stupid and unable to accept reality viewers “ believe it. So they’ll go all in and make it closer than it really should be.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 30, 2023, 10:56:45 AM »
vivek is going to get to close to trump and he will burn him down the way he burned fat ron to the ground

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 30, 2023, 11:10:02 AM »
Trump will call him Rama-SWAMPy and then Trumpers will chant DRAIN THE SWAMP at Vivek and it'll all be over.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 30, 2023, 11:15:11 AM »
vivek is going to get to close to trump and he will burn him down the way he burned fat ron to the ground

Or he’s Trump’s VP pick. That though currently doubtful is getting some smoke around it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 30, 2023, 11:39:02 AM »
I think of the Republican candidates I currently like Haley the best. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 30, 2023, 11:46:38 AM »
Asa Hutchinson is by far the best one.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 30, 2023, 11:59:37 AM »
same

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 30, 2023, 12:57:55 PM »
same

eff anyone bending the knee to Trump. Asa, Christy or bust.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 30, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »
What exactly do you mean bending the knee to trump?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 30, 2023, 01:07:21 PM »
What exactly do you mean bending the knee to trump?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1694530005576073691

She's also saying the indictments are political and a weaponization of the DOJ.