Author Topic: Nathaniel Read Nate Silver 538 fivethirtyeight FiveThirtyEight lol  (Read 2212 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nathaniel Read Nate Silver 538 fivethirtyeight FiveThirtyEight lol
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2022, 07:27:32 PM »
Man, one of my favorite things is when Nate has a stupid bad opinion on twitter and then everyone starts piling on. Like this!

It's happening again!

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1563182158243852294

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1563241186768596995

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2022, 07:30:03 PM »
as usual, he's right and his critics reveal themselves as fools.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2022, 07:53:53 PM »
No. What he said was stupid.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2022, 07:58:39 PM »
No. What he said was stupid.

his critics reveal themselves as fools.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2022, 07:59:59 PM »
Liberals seem to be saying that PPP is bad. No.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2022, 08:21:38 PM »

"this you" does not insinuate "how lovely that you helped the public effort to quickly distribute money into the public sector preventing a recession.  i only wish you would see fit to assist similarly in the current effort".

it is very easy to find liberals not encumbered with the weight of speaking for the white house stating far more explicitly that ppp was a bad program that benefited bad people.  there are some of those voices on this very message board.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2022, 08:59:58 PM »

"this you" does not insinuate "how lovely that you helped the public effort to quickly distribute money into the public sector preventing a recession.  i only wish you would see fit to assist similarly in the current effort".

it is very easy to find liberals not encumbered with the weight of speaking for the white house stating far more explicitly that ppp was a bad program that benefited bad people.  there are some of those voices on this very message board.

Oh. I wouldn't call those people liberals.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2022, 11:00:04 AM »
Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention but I hadn't previously noticed how much sys traffics in generalities about liberals. It's so rough ridin' lazy.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2022, 01:40:28 PM »
I think PPP was good overall. It wasn’t the ideal way to do it, but whatever.

It is also OK to point out that some people who accepted government assistance, were huge hypocrites because podcasts like Louder with Crowder or Praeger university or Mueller She wrote if anything BENEFITTED from the pandemic in terms of their business and had absolutely zero reason to not be able to operate pretty much normally.

It is also ok, I think, to point out politicians who accepted PPP. The programs don’t have to be the same to make the general point about good for me but not for the, especially given the rhetoric of some of the idiots about student loans.

Lastly, Meghan McCardle who’s dad is a very rich NYC general contractor association guy and she went on a long thread about what a struggle it was repaying her loans when she, like seemingly every scold on this, had some of education paid for by her parents and lived with her parents rent free. It is staggering how often you hear the “I lived at home and sacrificed!” Bit in the context of criticizing other people for being financially irresponsible.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2024, 02:52:37 PM »
next week is Michigan's democratic primary, should get some early data on how much Gaza is affecting Biden in Michigan with the protest vote being organized. I would prefer the protest vote is high enough to prompt some worry from Biden instead of dismissing it and then losing in November.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/22/biden-gaza-arab-american-voters-michigan-00142596