Author Topic: Does playing LSU hurt the image of our program?  (Read 12028 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Does playing LSU hurt the image of our program?
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2021, 10:05:33 PM »
Years ago I was driving a semi on US 71 north of BR when I passed a slow-ass hillbilly and clipped the yellow no-passing line as I got back in my lane. Some local cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket that I had to immediately go to the county courthouse to pay.

On the courthouse green was a historical marker bragging about how the Reconstruction in the South ended on that very spot when some local white men (terrorist racists of the Jan. 6 kind) lynched some uppity elected "negroes." I had to read the sign twice to grasp that such a racist hateful thing could exist. I can't imagine a black person of that town having to walk by that celebration of Jim Crow every day. I would hope it has since been removed.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2021, 10:17:11 PM »
The New Orleans mayor had statues of confederate general losers removed from the public square and literally every citizen of Baton Rouge bought a tiki torch that very day.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »
The neighborhood immediately to one side of the LSU campus is terrifying.   (as an aside I spent an enjoyable evening in a quaint little bar in downtown BR drinking some beers and feeding the bar dog popcorn)

LSU Lakes? Yeah, it is terrifying. (How racist they are.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2021, 03:35:14 AM »
Years ago I was driving a semi on US 71 north of BR when I passed a slow-ass hillbilly and clipped the yellow no-passing line as I got back in my lane. Some local cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket that I had to immediately go to the county courthouse to pay.

On the courthouse green was a historical marker bragging about how the Reconstruction in the South ended on that very spot when some local white men (terrorist racists of the Jan. 6 kind) lynched some uppity elected "negroes." I had to read the sign twice to grasp that such a racist hateful thing could exist. I can't imagine a black person of that town having to walk by that celebration of Jim Crow every day. I would hope it has since been removed.

You are referring to the Colfax Massacre.  You should look up what the original placard said in 1951.  What a terrible state.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2021, 03:38:19 AM »

You are referring to the Colfax Massacre.  You should look up what the original placard said in 1951.  What a terrible state.

lol.  out of curiosity, I looked up if the insane placard still marked the site.  It was only removed 6 months ago.  If you go to this game, leave your children at home.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 03:52:15 AM by bananaeater »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2021, 08:42:02 AM »
I get the feeling that Baton Rouge is like a Topeka but worse in every way. It's a blue collar industrial State Capitol with an average university located in an area of town with crime issues.

Instead of the diversified manufacturing base that Topeka has everyone in Baton Rouge works at the refinery or survives off kick backs from the government.

Also instead of helping to end segregation like Topeka did Baton Rouge helped to start it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2021, 08:52:29 PM »
 :sdeek: omg

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2021, 04:32:43 PM »
goddam, what a goob

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2021, 11:34:21 PM »
absolutely disgusting

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2021, 08:56:06 AM »
Do you think the team will have to burn the uniforms in Houston so we don't bring the disease and smell they will get from the LSU Lions team back to Kansas?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2021, 08:59:34 AM »
Do you think the team will have to burn the uniforms in Houston so we don't bring the disease and smell they will get from the LSU Lions team back to Kansas?
They are doing this plus a complete decontamination protocol as soon as they travel back into the Sunflower State.

lol.  out of curiosity, I looked up if the insane placard still marked the site.  It was only removed 6 months ago.  If you go to this game, leave your children at home.   
I also thought this was tongue-in-cheek gE'ing until I looked it up.

Offline PhoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2021, 11:48:52 AM »
I teach about the Colfax Massacre in my AP US History courses.  One of the things that was utilized to "control" the black population and make it easier to target was that many areas of the south made it illegal for blacks to own guns--which the US Supreme Court assented to at the time.  The courts, until into the 20th Century, generally put for the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution was only considering the actions of the federal government, and state governments could abridge them if the so chose.

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2021, 01:50:14 PM »
They'll have to, or the entire state of Kansas will smell like corn dogs.   :Yuck:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »
What's to hate about the smell of corn dogs?

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2021, 06:12:29 PM »
Corn dogs are fine dining for them.  Their daily far is mud bugs and opossum, just imagine the stench.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »
Folks, I know it is peak of tuckishness to appreciate this sort of statistic but I'm glad and I hope the Cats beat the New Orleans Swamp Lions by 35

https://twitter.com/WichitaEagleSpt/status/1473971766276108288?s=20

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2021, 12:59:45 PM »
Folks, I know it is peak of tuckishness to appreciate this sort of statistic but I'm glad and I hope the Cats beat the New Orleans Swamp Lions by 35

There's really no reason for anybody on our team to opt out

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Other than carrying with you the neverending stench of having played these smelly losers in a bowl game

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2021, 06:51:36 PM »

Tell me you have no pro prospects without telling me you have no pro prospects
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2021, 07:45:59 PM »

We have pro prospects, we just have the ones who need to have the opportunity to play against SEC talent to enhance their chances.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2021, 08:18:40 PM »

We have pro prospects, we just have the ones who need to have the opportunity to play against SEC talent to enhance their chances.

Who?  Rivas is the only one that might have a chance and it’s a slim one.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »

Who?  Rivas is the only one that might have a chance and it’s a slim one.

Well Thompson is the #9 QB on Kiper's board. Our guys need to play because a great performance on that stage could vault into a selection or possiblity for a free agent signing. We have guys who have the measurables like Imathorbhebhe, Stubby, Yeast, Horne, Barta. I bet we'll have at least a dozen dudes go to the K-State pro day, they are by definition, prospects. The draft is like 300 players. Early opt outs aren't for all prospects, just the top ones.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »
The closer we get to this game the more I feel like it will get canceled. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.