Author Topic: Supreme Court Cases Thread  (Read 34963 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Cases Thread
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2022, 10:16:43 AM »
Douglas county prosecutor just stated she would not prosecute.  This will be pretty common across the country.  And it should except it also deals a pretty significant blow to the judicial branch of our federal government.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2022, 10:18:11 AM »
don't worry guys, I'm sure they will stop at overturning Roe. They definitely aren't going to see how much further they can go. trust me on this one.

This is clearly 100% about the sanctity of life and 0% about wanting to tell other people how to live their lives.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2022, 10:20:01 AM »
2 of them are old and fat shits so they may not make it to outlaw inter-racial marriages.  Although reading Thomas's concurring opinion which makes marrying outside of your race illegal would be interesting

They will go for the gays well before brown people. They will eventually get there, but it will take a bit of time.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »
I think they probably keep contraception legal for everyone, but most of them are catholic, so it's kind of a toss up. Gay marriage is probably gone next year.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2022, 10:21:29 AM »
which state is most likely to be the first to outlaw rubbers and why is it Alabama?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2022, 10:22:31 AM »
Douglas county prosecutor just stated she would not prosecute.  This will be pretty common across the country.  And it should except it also deals a pretty significant blow to the judicial branch of our federal government.
It’s basically what the Court is asking for by starting to roll back on the role it had previously taken to step in for basic human needs when Congress couldn’t do crap.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2022, 10:23:13 AM »
which state is most likely to be the first to outlaw rubbers and why is it Alabama?

I'm betting it's Texas.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2022, 10:23:33 AM »
2 of them are old and fat shits so they may not make it to outlaw inter-racial marriages.  Although reading Thomas's concurring opinion which makes marrying outside of your race illegal would be interesting

They will go for the gays well before brown people. They will eventually get there, but it will take a bit of time.

yeah it kind of feels like SCOTUS is sending the signal "pass laws banning whatever you want, we're willing to hear the case and support it" and if that sounds hyperbolic i mean...???

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2022, 10:24:20 AM »

I'm betting it's Texas.

Can you imagine the STD rate will be, holy eff
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:05 AM »

I'm betting it's Texas.

yes if greg gets re-elected (sadly he will) there is pretty much nothing standing in their way of pretty much anything.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2022, 10:25:32 AM »
I’m definitely morbidly curious how the Court would approach an interracial marriage ban.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2022, 10:27:50 AM »
I’m definitely morbidly curious how the Court would approach an interracial marriage ban.

Thomas "conveniently" left out the Loving case in writing his opinion that all other cases should be reconsidered. Not sure why he would have left that case out of his opinion.  :dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2022, 10:29:58 AM »
They'll go after Brown before Loving.  But that's a few years off (assuming people keep voting the same way they have been).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2022, 10:31:05 AM »
And the weak ass democrats won't do crap but continue to stand there with their thumbs up their asses. Congrats Joe Manchin and Joe Biden!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2022, 10:33:17 AM »

yeah it kind of feels like SCOTUS is sending the signal "pass laws banning whatever you want, we're willing to hear the case and support it" and if that sounds hyperbolic i mean...???

Then pass laws banning machine guns for 18 year olds....

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »

Thomas "conveniently" left out the Loving case in writing his opinion that all other cases should be reconsidered. Not sure why he would have left that case out of his opinion.  :dunno:

he is a world class crap bag

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2022, 10:37:47 AM »

I mean it had to be a world class troll for him to mention all of the others and not Loving. Just amazing.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »

This court would probably overturn a ban on vaping.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2022, 10:39:39 AM »

I mean it had to be a world class troll for him to mention all of the others and not Loving. Just amazing.

ABSOLUTELY this.  It is a next level human piece of garbage troll

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »

This court would probably overturn a ban on vaping.

you already know they will.  This issue is probably fast tracked for them.  Millions of magas are missing that crackling goodness

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2022, 10:53:36 AM »

It really could get interesting. Like who is the most racist governor? Could some small timey mayor ban it and get it to the SC? Could maybe a Dem state "outlaw" it and then basically say they aren't going to prosecute just to get it to the SC just to prove a point? That's prob a terrible idea, but it would be a hoot to see Thomas' opinion.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2022, 11:03:51 AM »

It really could get interesting. Like who is the most racist governor? Could some small timey mayor ban it and get it to the SC? Could maybe a Dem state "outlaw" it and then basically say they aren't going to prosecute just to get it to the SC just to prove a point? That's prob a terrible idea, but it would be a hoot to see Thomas' opinion.

It doesn't have to be a state for them to take the case. It just needs to be some racist challenge it on "constitutional" grounds, it will certainly make it's way through the courts. This current make-up of the court wouldn't hesitate to take up a "constitutional" issue.

Thomas can easily justify it the same way he justified abolishing Roe and everything else coming. It shouldn't be a federal mandate.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2022, 11:06:00 AM »

It doesn't have to be a state for them to take the case. It just needs to be some racist challenge it on "constitutional" grounds, it will certainly make it's way through the courts. This current make-up of the court wouldn't hesitate to take up a "constitutional" issue.

Thomas can easily justify it the same way he justified abolishing Roe and everything else coming. It shouldn't be a federal mandate.

yeah, but would he? That is what would be interesting to see. He and his wife seem like real shitbags so I could totally see him changing his opinion because it affects him.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2022, 11:09:31 AM »
If abortion is murder why would anyone be happy with a states right to choose murder?  If they were killing toddlers in CO, I wouldn't care that I lived in Texas, I'd want that crap made illegal and I would do a lot more than just wait fifty years for the Supreme Court to rule on it.  The fact is, abortion doesn't equate to murder and everyone knows it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »

yeah, but would he? That is what would be interesting to see. He and his wife seem like real shitbags so I could totally see him changing his opinion because it affects him.

Let me let you into the mind of a coon. He doesn't see he and Ginny the same way he sees other interracial couples. They always have some sort of twisted rationalization to justify how they're different than the people they look down their noses at. This current thing with Hershel Walker is a perfect example. I have no doubt that he believed all the crap he said about absentee fathers, never mind the fact that he has multiple kids that he ignored. He didn't forget, he just cared more about the applause of the people who wrongly crap on black men as bad fathers, than he did his kids. In his head, it was "those bitches tricked me, so those kids aren't mine."

Coons always have a reason to justify why they aren't like the rest of us. Keep that in mind when you see something from Whitlock and why his views changed so much the last 15 years.