Author Topic: bbba and bib discussion.  (Read 9833 times)

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: bbba and bib discussion.
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2022, 04:28:13 PM »
Sinema preserving the carried interest loophole is so on brand. She should be priority number 1 for replacement.

Getting rid of the carried interest loophole was probably the best thing about the bill.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »
They should tell her no imo

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2022, 10:57:15 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
lol.

https://twitter.com/katiadoyl/status/1555578369491849216

I hope no one gets too close to Dianne Feinstein! Like I mean someone not feeling well that thinks they might get a 90 year old woman sick.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2022, 10:32:50 AM »
poor linds couldn't help but get horned up for the war on terror when criticizing the dem's bbb lite.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1555575143296016385?s=20&t=dKPzzZtbs-2Y38B6GMt5Jw

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2022, 10:48:36 AM »
The problem is #blueanon#neocon strolls right up and calls ol' Linds one of their own if he's leading the charge towards a new war.

That's why I get a good  :lol: :lol: whenever #blueanon gets mad at Lindsey, he's all talk, and all war, McCain Jr. without the veteran status.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2022, 11:25:06 AM »
In calendar year 2022, enacting the bill would have a negligible effect on
inflation, in CBO’s assessment. In calendar year 2023, inflation would
probably be between 0.1 percentage point lower and 0.1 percentage point
higher under the bill than it would be under current law, CBO estimates.

CBO 8/4/2022

#midtermdesperation

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2022, 10:43:15 PM »
Sinema preserving the carried interest loophole is so on brand. She should be priority number 1 for replacement.

lmao

https://twitter.com/DanAmira/status/1556463591884296194?t=rlMH--fNsEC9mCnqYTND5Q&s=19

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »
dunno if it will work, but it seems to me like pretty much exactly the sort of focused goal that should be in mind if we're going to shovel out a ton of money in tax credits.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1556754398138744833

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »
if they are able to pass the regulatory reform (and it's decently designed), this is going to be a really good result.  quite a bit better for the country than the original bbba, imo.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2022, 07:38:46 PM »
if they are able to pass the regulatory reform (and it's decently designed), this is going to be a really good result.  quite a bit better for the country than the original bbba, imo.
I agree on the EV credit not having a phase out being smart business and also targeting it to American made. Union would’ve been better but oh well.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2022, 06:16:46 PM »
the bbba died that the ira may be signed into law.

https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/1558214457284861952

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2023, 08:12:52 AM »
I co-sign this Sinema take

Kyrsten Sinema is a fascinating subject to me because she did something rare in the Democratic Party: She threw away her political career over a matter of principle, specifically bad principles. Sinema went to the mat to protect the super-wealthy from taxation and to severely limit the federal government’s ability to negotiate prescription-drug prices.
These policies have no meaningful electoral constituency. She forced herself into a position where, having little chance to win a Democratic primary, she fled the party and is running as an independent (assuming she makes it all the way to the election, which does not strike me as a certainty).
Tara Palmieri reports Sinema was recently being “fêted at a fundraiser in Palm Beach by Steve Schwarzman.”
Who is Steve Schwarzman? He’s a Republican hedge-funder and probably the heart of Sinema’s base. Schwarzman has backed various Republicans, but he does not care about social policy or racism. He is in it for the tax cuts.
In 2010, he compared President Obama’s plan to tax private-equity firms to Hitler’s invasion of Poland. This statement clarified that Schwarzman sees both progressive taxation and Nazism as evil. Which one he saw as more evil was an abstract question until we got a president who liked Nazis and hated taxing the rich, at which point Schwarzman became a major donor.
In the wake of the insurrection, when the business class was suddenly and briefly abandoning Trump, the Guardian reported on his prior support for Trump, and a Schwarzman spokesperson hilariously explained it was “purely about matters related to economic policy and trade, not politics.” It’s not that he’s immoral; he’s just amoral.
Arizona Democrats have been attacking Sinema as ignoring her constituents to cater instead to her superrich pals. This alliance is hardly going to dispel that line of attack.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2023, 11:27:00 AM »
 :clap:

I haven't thought about that crap bag since she became an independent. Frankly, if she didn't live in Arizona she could be a zombie reverse Manchin in a state like Minnesota, Oregon, or Maine.

I guess sys was right after all when he called me a moron in 2021 when I said she'd be primaried.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2023, 10:03:54 PM »
I guess sys was right after all when he called me a moron in 2021 when I said she'd be primaried.

i definitely underestimated how small of a tent democrats are determined to be.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2023, 04:25:23 PM »

I'm not a democrat, so I don't want to be looked at as caping up for them, but did she do anything of note whatsoever that could be considered liberal? What good is it to have someone caucus with you who blocks important legislation and seems only passionate about protecting venture capitalists.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2023, 04:59:44 PM »

I'm not a democrat, so I don't want to be looked at as caping up for them, but did she do anything of note whatsoever that could be considered liberal? What good is it to have someone caucus with you who blocks important legislation and seems only passionate about protecting venture capitalists.

But you don't understand. She became personally wealthy in the process, and that's what matters.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bbba and bib discussion.
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2023, 06:33:20 PM »
Sinema is like the most glaring example of lobbying in senate. She is going to get an enormous payday from Wall St if she gets primaried.

Biden caped up for credit card companies and delawares weird corporate friendly rules for years because he was from Delaware.

Are there even any hedge funds in Arizona?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2023, 01:59:49 PM »
In a completely unsurprising revelation, Sinema is an egomaniac and confident in her abilities post-Senate to get paid for steadfastly protecting the interests of capital.

"I don't care. I can go on any board I want to. I can be a college president. I can do anything," she told Romney, according to the book. "I saved the Senate filibuster by myself. I saved the Senate by myself. That's good enough for me."

https://www.businessinsider.com/kyrsten-sinema-reelection-serve-any-board-mitt-romney-book-2023-10?op=1

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2023, 02:58:34 PM »
So gross, just a bunch of grifters. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2023, 03:34:15 PM »
In a completely unsurprising revelation, Sinema is an egomaniac and confident in her abilities post-Senate to get paid for steadfastly protecting the interests of capital.

"I don't care. I can go on any board I want to. I can be a college president. I can do anything," she told Romney, according to the book. "I saved the Senate filibuster by myself. I saved the Senate by myself. That's good enough for me."

https://www.businessinsider.com/kyrsten-sinema-reelection-serve-any-board-mitt-romney-book-2023-10?op=1

what a bizarre and bad faith interpretation of a statement her saying that she voted as she thought was right and is at peace if there are negative electoral consequences for having done so.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2023, 05:14:26 PM »
Sys. She said “I can get on any board I want”

What else does that mean besides I am going to get paid?

I hope Manchin gets pissed about it and we can have an ego death match over who sacrificed more for the filibuster.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2023, 07:14:17 PM »
it means that she's not pretending that she'd be out on the streets and destitute if she were no longer employed as one of the 100 united states senators in the world.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bbba and bib discussion.
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2023, 07:56:37 PM »
it means that she's not pretending that she'd be out on the streets and destitute if she were no longer employed as one of the 100 united states senators in the world.
What does that even mean?

Other than Fetterman I don’t know of any current or former senator that would be or even be mistaken for destitute.