Author Topic: Can a centrist party ever exist in America again?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Can a centrist party ever exist in America again?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 09:22:18 AM »
Pete, what are a few of the Democrats positions you find the most extreme?
It’s not as much that I find any of them so extreme that they put me off, it’s that I find myself unwilling to fight for them.

I’ve never met you so I don’t know for sure, but wild guess: you’re a white male?
I think it’s pretty racist of you to assume that minorities and females are not capable of having the reasonable world view that I have espoused in this thread! 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 11:07:43 AM »
Who doesn’t have the right to vote in the United States?  Besides people that are too young.

Oh wait, being ‘denied’ the right to vote really means being denied the non right to participate in a voting methodology free-for-all crap show with no accountability or rules. NVM

Did you mean to post this somewhere else? Not a single person said or even hinted anything about anyone being denied the right to vote. A very common refrain here, but what are you even talking about?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2023, 11:19:55 AM »
lol, the democrats are centrist a.f. What policies have the democrats advanced in the last 20 years that are left of the mainstream? List them here

This is also true, the Republicans moved their 40 yard line to somewhere a mile away. Whereas the Democrats are roughly the same party they’ve been since 1992
FWIW, here are the 1992 Republican and Democrat platforms.  Kind of interesting to see where the parties were ~ 30 years ago:
https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/republican-party-platform-1992
https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/1992-democratic-party-platform

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2023, 10:31:37 PM »
Biden just approved more wall building and deporting illegal immigrants so if it could ever work we're about to find out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can a centrist party ever exist in America again?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2023, 05:26:30 AM »
#blueanon (numbering in the tens of millions) is far too radicalized to ever allow a centrist majority in the United States

#blueanon - absolutely insane on domestic social issues, economy destroying financial and energy policies, nation killing immigration policies, perpetual war and adversarial all across the foreign policy fronts - “diplomacy” is dead and threats and destabilization thrives in the world of #blueanon foreign policy

#sad
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 06:38:45 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can a centrist party ever exist in America again?
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »
If the stupid mods don’t bug out and make their own party in these circumstances to force the speaker to make effectively a coalition government then it will never happen. But in reality a speaker can’t really promise anything. That was McCarthy’s problem but with the senate and a president you can’t really do crap even if you want to.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 07:47:24 AM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2023, 10:56:12 PM »
The far left is confronting antisemitism in its ranks, and the far right is becoming even more fascist (e.g. house speaker saga).

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2023, 11:00:57 PM »
The far left is confronting antisemitism in its ranks, and the far right is becoming even more fascist (e.g. house speaker saga).

History repeats itself, Pete. This is no different than a million other times in history.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2023, 11:02:31 PM »
Most are either too stupid to realize this or don't even bother to know this is just a cycle that repeats, probably because they are too stupid anyways.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2023, 09:10:24 PM »
The far left is confronting antisemitism in its ranks

Certainly you're talking about regular people and not a politician of any influence at all, right?