Author Topic: 2021 other games  (Read 27313 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 other games
« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2021, 08:52:13 PM »
iowa doesn't seem to have a very good plan for scoring points.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2021, 09:22:20 PM »

Lol. I think you unknowingly said a mouthful there.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2021, 09:25:31 PM »
Iowa offense is just painful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2021, 09:29:03 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2021, 09:41:08 PM »
So weird.

When they brought Mizzou and a&m in if they put them both in the west they would have had to break up a rivalry and they didn't want to do that so they told Mizzou to play in the east or eff off. Actually a good move if you ask me. I'm guessing when OU and UT come in they'll go to pods and the Big8/SWC teams will make up one of the pods.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2021, 09:49:01 PM »
If they do pods, they'll have to screw over somebody with respect to historical rivalries.

My best guess would be below. There are certain groupings that absolutely won't be split (Georgia/Florida, Alabama/Auburn, etc.). The schools that don't really have any true rivals - Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, Vandy, South Carolina -  could be plug and play into any of the various pods.  Tennessee is a tricky one because the school has clout in the league, but they don't really have a true rival.

Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
Kentucky

Tennessee
Vandy
Missouri
Arkansas

Alabama
Auburn
Mississippi
Mississippi State

Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
LSU

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 04, 2021, 09:51:09 PM »
Texas/Arkansas is a pretty deeply rooted rivalry so I’d think you could at least swap Ark for LSU

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »
I have
OU
UT
Ark
A&M

Mizzou
LSU
Miss
MSU

Bama
Auburn
Vandy
Tennessee

Kentucky
USCe
Georgia
Florida

This way only Mizzou loses a rival, Arkansas loses two, kinda is you count the Mizzou thing as a true rivalry, but Arkansas gains two rivalries older than the two contrived sec rivalries they have. More importantly Alabama gets to keep their two, which are the most important rivalries in the SEC.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »
I have
OU
UT
Ark
A&M

Mizzou
LSU
Miss
MSU

Bama
Auburn
Vandy
Tennessee

Kentucky
USCe
Georgia
Florida

This way only Mizzou loses a rival, Arkansas loses two, kinda is you count the Mizzou thing as a true rivalry, but Arkansas gains two rivalries older than the two contrived sec rivalries they have. More importantly Alabama gets to keep their two, which are the most important rivalries in the SEC.

Yeah - this is definitely plausible too. For certain, if there's one school the league doesn't care about, it's Mizzou. I also don't think they'll care about where to plug in Vandy - it's not like Vandy-Tennesse is a rivaly. It'll be interesting to see if/how Texas A&M bitches about being in a pod with Texas. But, the SEC would just tell them to STFU - just like they did with admitting Texas.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2021, 10:02:46 PM »
When they brought Mizzou and a&m in if they put them both in the west they would have had to break up a rivalry and they didn't want to do that so they told Mizzou to play in the east or eff off. Actually a good move if you ask me. I'm guessing when OU and UT come in they'll go to pods and the Big8/SWC teams will make up one of the pods.

I know all that but it's still funny that an organization of educational institutions used geographic adjectives for their divisions and that's what the resulting map looks like.

Maybe they could've called them northeast and southwest divisions but the "north" part is probably intolerable for some.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 04, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »
I have
OU
UT
Ark
A&M

Mizzou
LSU
Miss
MSU

Bama
Auburn
Vandy
Tennessee

Kentucky
USCe
Georgia
Florida

I guess it depends on what they value. If they value maximizing the number of teams that make the cfp then they need to keep with things like bama and Georgia never playing in the regular season. If they want to do it by rivals,

OU
UT
Arky
TAMU

Ole Miss
Miss St
Misc 1
Misc 2

Bama
Auburn
LSU
Misc 3

Florida
Georgia
Misc 4
Misc 5

The 5 leftover teams just plug in wherever, don’t really matter

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 04, 2021, 10:34:17 PM »
I can promise you that whatever the configuration is, it will involve Alabama playing Tennessee every year, so that probably puts them in the same pod.

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/to-alabama-football-the-third-saturday-in-october-hasnt-lost-its-luster-blackwell
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:38:45 PM by MakeItRain »