Author Topic: Best thing you've bought recently  (Read 12238 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Best thing you've bought recently
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
I know someone who has one of those Costco saunas too and can confirm they absolutely love it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2021, 08:16:27 AM »
I love to sit in a sauna, especially in fall/winter. I put on some soft jams, close my eyes, and then just sweat it out for 20-30. It feels great. Pandemic killed that so I bought one of those 2 people Costco saunas. I had pretty low expectations, but figured I would give it a shot since you can return anything to Costco. Its amazing. Now I can sweat out my rage in the comfort of my own home.

Inside one or outside one?  If inside, how are you controlling for extra heat and humidity?

Inside infrared sauna thingy. Saunas are dry heat, steam rooms are steamy. I prefer the dry heat. It heats up pretty quick. I can hop in and be toasty within 20 minutes or so. I think I have this one.

https://www.costco.com/dynamic-santiago-2-person-low-emf-far-infrared-sauna.product.100520495.html

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2021, 08:18:54 AM »
Man, a sauna is one hell of a contribution to this thread. A freaking SAUNA! Wow!

Do you just preheat it like an oven? How long does that take? Does it have rocks or fake rocks that you can pour water on for steam?

No rocks. I think the rock ones are like the old school steamy ones. Mine is dry infrared so it just heats up. Takes about 20 minutes to get up to 120ish. I think it maxes out around 135 or so.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2021, 08:21:36 AM »
I have never considered these things in any positive or negative way and was only vaguely aware of them and folks, they are maybe healthy AF. should we all buy them?

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(18)30275-1/fulltext

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
I have never considered these things in any positive or negative way and was only vaguely aware of them and folks, they are maybe healthy AF. should we all buy them?

supposedly tons of health benefits from them. I love it. Some times I can really get in a zone and after like 30 minutes I feel about as good as possible. That is the other best part about having one at home. I used to go to the gym and I would get there, turn on my sauna jams, get relaxed........then 3 cackling bad person ladies would come in and talk and laugh the whole time. My rage would build up to the point where I had to leave because it was defeating the purpose.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »
I'm looking to replace my electric razor. Currently have a Braun series 3 but it got dropped and the pop up trimmer snapped off. Thinking about just going back with the current series 3 shaver. Are there any (foil-type) electric razors that would be a big upgrade (in terms of shave quality, not price) that gE posters would recommend?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2021, 11:09:09 AM »

supposedly tons of health benefits from them. I love it. Some times I can really get in a zone and after like 30 minutes I feel about as good as possible. That is the other best part about having one at home. I used to go to the gym and I would get there, turn on my sauna jams, get relaxed........then 3 cackling bad person ladies would come in and talk and laugh the whole time. My rage would build up to the point where I had to leave because it was defeating the purpose.
I wish I lived in a place where I could a
Go get a schvitz every day like some old Russian guy. I don’t think buying a small one and adding it to my house would really do it for me unless I added it to my basement or something.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2021, 11:49:01 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »
Bought a new, overpriced putter for this first time in my life. Early returns are good so far. Two inches taller then my last putter.  :gocho:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 02:13:47 PM »
4 giant bags of salad. I decided I was transitioning to a lunch salad guy. have been putting together these massive chef salads the last few days. egg, ham or salami, olives sometimes, blue cheese sometimes, like 2 minutes of cranking on the pepper mill, massive amounts of full fat salad dressing. just gigantic things to behold. probably about 1,500 calories a piece. but, folks, they are good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
I absolutely love a great salad, SD!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »
4 giant bags of salad. I decided I was transitioning to a lunch salad guy. have been putting together these massive chef salads the last few days. egg, ham or salami, olives sometimes, blue cheese sometimes, like 2 minutes of cranking on the pepper mill, massive amounts of full fat salad dressing. just gigantic things to behold. probably about 1,500 calories a piece. but, folks, they are good.

i recently transitioned to buying bagged salad kits. i've always frowned upon them but man it's easy and usually pretty good.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2021, 02:20:52 PM »

i recently transitioned to buying bagged salad kits. i've always frowned upon them but man it's easy and usually pretty good.
Yes. That's all we buy. Love the variety of styles.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/megaboom-3.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwx8iIBhBwEiwA2quaqzIErlakY_X6JEuxVXlqdLzEoR_KLMVFh8UnhdB7nI4Mtod_ETZPThoC6pUQAvD_BwE

was between this one and jbl xtreme. this one seemed life proof though. plus anything spelled xtreme makes me immediately roll my eyes.. like put down the mountain dew fellas, chill out

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2021, 02:24:49 PM »
https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/megaboom-3.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwx8iIBhBwEiwA2quaqzIErlakY_X6JEuxVXlqdLzEoR_KLMVFh8UnhdB7nI4Mtod_ETZPThoC6pUQAvD_BwE

was between this one and jbl xtreme. this one seemed life proof though. plus anything spelled xtreme makes me immediately roll my eyes.. like put down the mountain dew fellas, chill out

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2021, 02:30:40 PM »

i have a mega boom 3 as well. i had the original boom forever and it was great until i got dirt in the charging port. the mega boom has a cover over it which should fix that problem

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2021, 02:43:13 PM »

Mega Right!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2021, 03:32:31 PM »

i’ve been doing the same thing as you guys, my coworkers call me The Saladmander
the only difference is that I do potato salad instead of greens because I think it packs a better punch for my memory and critical thinking skillz.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2021, 03:41:16 PM »
16 ounce plastic container of reser’s potato salad every day helps me pound the dang stone!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2021, 03:50:48 PM »
I usually eat a Russian salad like a rough ridin' man with a shot of vodka at lunch

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2021, 08:57:13 PM »
 :lol: Commie's and their vodka.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »
I bought quite a bit of Bitcoin recently and it was a pretty good purchase.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2021, 03:05:34 AM »
a guy was moving and had to get rid of some golf clubs. brand new, forged japanese samurai blades. a true players club. got my hands on them for $350