Author Topic: Weed  (Read 62244 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #850 on: January 10, 2023, 08:36:44 PM »
Iirc they have some sort of joint enforcement arrangement and can follow/pull you over on either side
Yeah but if they pull you over on the Missouri side and find your stash you aren't breaking any laws right (even if they began their pursuit on the KS side)?
Correct, you’d be good.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 11, 2023, 08:47:46 AM »
Iirc they have some sort of joint enforcement arrangement and can follow/pull you over on either side
Yeah but if they pull you over on the Missouri side and find your stash you aren't breaking any laws right (even if they began their pursuit on the KS side)?
Correct, you’d be good.

I won't believe it until Sherrif Deputy Rick Daris weighs in.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 03, 2023, 07:39:02 AM »
https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article272043202.html

Missouri will allow the first dispensaries to begin selling marijuana for recreational use on Friday.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services will begin converting medical marijuana licenses to adult use licenses on Friday. But it’s unclear when each dispensary will be approved.

Dispensaries had been expecting the licensure change on Friday, but many were under the impression that adult sales wouldn’t be permitted to start until Monday.

“Pleasantly surprised,” said Cardetti, the spokesman for the Missouri Cannabis Trade Association.

While it’s unclear when the state approvals will roll out, Cardetti said he expects dispensaries to begin selling to the public as soon as possible.

“We do think sales will begin tomorrow,” Cardetti said on Thursday.

So how will consumers know which dispensaries are approved and when?

“They absolutely ought to contact their dispensaries and check,” he said.

Bianca Sullivan plans to wake up at 5 a.m. Friday and start checking her email. She owns a Fresh Green dispensary in Lee’s Summit and in the Waldo neighborhood of Kansas City.

“I’ll just be there waiting with the staff. It’s just frustrating,” she said.

Like others, Sullivan had been planning on big crowds for Monday’s opening day. But now, she’s scrambling to ensure she has enough staff, product and security to handle customers through the weekend.

“Maybe we don’t have a huge line Monday morning,” she said. “So it might be good if it’s busy but not crazy this weekend.

State officials said most medical marijuana dispensaries in good standing — which most are — will see their licenses converted on Friday.

“We anticipate approvals tomorrow being a fairly quick notification process,” said DHSS spokeswoman Lisa Cox.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 03, 2023, 07:50:26 AM »
Do any of you guys know which ones are the good ones?  Is it like liquor stores where some of them are just hole in the wall depressing little cheap vodka places and some are gourmet wine places?  :dunno:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 03, 2023, 08:16:58 AM »
I'm going to need a breakdown of these like the Kansas Ave taco places. Please and thank you.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: February 03, 2023, 08:54:44 AM »
Do any of you guys know which ones are the good ones?  Is it like liquor stores where some of them are just hole in the wall depressing little cheap vodka places and some are gourmet wine places?  :dunno:

I would also like this information in case I ever want to get weird

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 03, 2023, 10:18:42 AM »

I would also like this information in case I ever want to get weird

If they are anything like the dispensaries in CO, this is accurate. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 03, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
Canadian friend of mine prefers a no frills one in Vegas to the super swanky ones.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 03, 2023, 11:16:34 AM »
You def want the dive bar
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 03, 2023, 11:17:09 AM »
I think I'll go to one in Waldo today  :)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 03, 2023, 11:18:09 AM »
Got to pay for all that overhead somehow. They all basically have the same stuff.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 03, 2023, 11:22:41 AM »
I read that not all of them have their recreational lisence yet.. said to call and ask if they are full open yet.  But IDK

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 03, 2023, 11:27:11 AM »
These Kansas City dispensaries have their licenses to start selling recreational weed
BY JOSEPH HERNANDEZ, KACEN BAYLESS, AND KEVIN HARDY
UPDATED FEBRUARY 03, 2023 11:20 AM
?
?
?
?
Robert Sullivan picks up orders of medical marijuana from Bianca Sullivan after it went on sale at Fresh Green in Lee’s Summit in 2020.
Robert Sullivan picks up orders of medical marijuana from Bianca Sullivan after it went on sale at Fresh Green in Lee’s Summit in 2020. TAMMY LJUNGBLAD [email protected]
Recreational weed sales have officially begun in the state of Missouri.
To the surprise of many dispensary owners and customers alike, Missouri will allow the first dispensaries to begin selling marijuana for recreational use on Friday.
That means adults 21 years and older will be able to purchase recreational weed throughout the state over the weekend.
Monday, Feb. 6 had previously been identified as the day recreational sales would begin, but the state announced Thursday that many dispensaries will be granted their licenses earlier — as soon as Friday morning.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services confirmed on Friday morning that it has approved recreational licenses for 207 dispensaries across the state, including dozens around Kansas City.
Get unlimited digital access
Try 1 month for $1
CLAIM OFFER
All dispensaries that are licensed to sell medical marijuana in Missouri will have their license to sell to recreational users by Monday at the latest.
“Anybody can come in and buy,” said Chris McHugh of Vertical Cannabis in St. Joseph. “You don’t even have to be a resident as long as you’re 21 years or older. All you need is your ID, and your shopping experience would be kind of like any other place like a beer and wine store.”
The products you’ll be able to buy as a recreational user aren’t any different from the products you can buy as a medical user, according to McHugh. There aren’t separate ‘medical’ or ‘recreational’ weed products.
On the Vine
A weekly conversation between The Kansas City Star and the minority communities it serves, bringing you the news and cultural insights from across the Kansas City region and abroad, straight to your inbox every Thursday.
Enter Email Address
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
The taxes you pay will depend on what credentials you bring with you to the dispensary — medical users will need to bring their medical card and ID, and recreational users will only need to bring an ID to show they’re at least 21 years old.
Marijuana has an added state tax of 4% for medical users, and 6% for recreational users, on top of normal state and local sales taxes.
Editor’s note: This list includes the Kansas City area dispensaries that The Star has confirmed so far as of Friday morning. It is not exhaustive, and more dispensaries could have received their adult use licenses that we haven’t been able to confirm yet. We will continue updating this story as the day goes on and we learn more.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 03, 2023, 12:51:41 PM »
I think I'll go to one in Waldo today  :)
Canadian guy I know is presently in the human kaleidoscope waiting room of one in Waldo.  45 minute wait, allegedly.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 03, 2023, 12:53:26 PM »
Pete can you ask your Canadian friend if they have Maui Wowee?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 03, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »
Yep, will do. Names of the weed are one of the single biggest factors in weed selection, according to sources.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 03, 2023, 12:56:31 PM »
The best ones have an animal, a fruit, and an interesting adjective.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 03, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »
Flaming Lemon Goat

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 15, 2023, 01:38:05 PM »
Yep, will do. Names of the weed are one of the single biggest factors in weed selection, according to sources.

Buying weed in canada is very strange. Way too much florescent lighting. No way did I trust what the 70 year old bureaucrat was telling me about terpene counts.

Offline Youngfei

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 17, 2023, 03:25:06 PM »
I love CBDs. It's helping me a lot with my dementia. Some folks really enjoy it for its relaxing effects, while others have concerns about its potential long-term impact. It really comes down to personal preference and responsible use. Btw, as for CBDs, do you have a favorite one? Here's more info about how it helps fight dementia, check this out. Just curious what you think about it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 02:43:42 AM by Youngfei »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 17, 2023, 03:40:52 PM »
Sounds good crap for brains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 17, 2023, 04:25:30 PM »
You can learn a lot from a dummy

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 17, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »
I love CBDs. It's helping me a lot with my dementia. Some folks really enjoy it for its relaxing effects, while others have concerns about its potential long-term impact. It really comes down to personal preference and responsible use.
It's great to hear that CBD is providing you with benefits for managing dementia symptoms. Indeed, opinions on CBD can vary, and responsible use is key. If you have any specific questions or if there's anything else you'd like to discuss about CBD, feel free to let me know!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f