Author Topic: Who is NOT getting jabbed and why??? Let's talk about it in a friendly way!  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't understand how these people aren't concerned about long term COVID effects. The health experts really need to do a better job of putting that information out there because I know a couple of blue collar workers who are more or less disabled in terms of being able to stand and work all day after having COVID. And nobody knows when they will get better or if they ever will.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't understand how these people aren't concerned about long term COVID effects. The health experts really need to do a better job of putting that information out there because I know a couple of blue collar workers who are more or less disabled in terms of being able to stand and work all day after having COVID. And nobody knows when they will get better or if they ever will.

Yes, it's absolutely the best rebuttal to people who are hesitant due to unknown side effects
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Totally agree. A lot of people who overestimate the risks of the COVID vaccine also severely underrate the risks of COVID.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Great idea!

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1389269289656590337

If anyone on this board wasn't going to get vaccinated I will venmo you money for a beer if you DM me a shot of your vaccination card.

Kansas City Bier Company has been doing that

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Great idea!

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1389269289656590337

If anyone on this board wasn't going to get vaccinated I will venmo you money for a beer if you DM me a shot of your vaccination card.

Kansas City Bier Company has been doing that

well I will double it up (only if you haven't been vaccinated yet)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

We’ll soon reach herd immunity thru infections and jabs one way or another.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/reaching-herd-immunity-is-unlikely-in-the-u-s-experts-now-believe/ar-BB1giyQR?ocid=spartandhp

I was probably mistaken, as often is the case, but what the article schreds posted says we're now looking at is basically how I've always though of herd immunity as. I never really thought eradication was the goal or possible tbh. @Trim

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We’ll soon reach herd immunity thru infections and jabs one way or another.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/reaching-herd-immunity-is-unlikely-in-the-u-s-experts-now-believe/ar-BB1giyQR?ocid=spartandhp

I was probably mistaken, as often is the case, but what the article schreds posted says we're now looking at is basically how I've always though of herd immunity as. I never really thought eradication was the goal or possible tbh. @Trim

If enough of you people got chip’d now, this would be done entirely. Instead, we’re basically waiting for enough of you to get sick or die off in order to get our stats STRAIGHT.

https://twitter.com/trimgoemaw/status/1388545198972542982

Not sure how you can read your preferred article and think getting chip’d is a “personal” choice.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I am hopeful that the % of chipped combined with those who already had it and are not chipped will reach 80 or better.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I am hopeful that the % of chipped combined with those who already had it and are not chipped will reach 80 or better.

Same. Also, @Trim I’m already half chipped.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Same. Also, @Trim I’m already half chipped.

Good, get full-chip’d and PI everyone you know to do the same. I’ll be bad cop to your good cop, remotely, if you prefer.

I’m requiring full vaccination of anyone I interact with. Prior COVID is no substitute.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i still haven't seen a reason why i should care about these idiots.  if they die, they die.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, the vaccines are good enough that the risk from COVID is very low. Live and let die.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I get my first dose next week.  I can't wait to get it so everyone will shut up and stop telling me what to do.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
I get my first dose next week.  I can't wait to get it so everyone will shut up and stop telling me what to do.
I’m glad we have effectively shamed you into doing the right thing
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
33's lucky he has people in his life that care about his health and the health of his community!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
NPR had a story yesterday about the low vaccination rate of rural health care workers.  It was something like 59%.  One thing that came up a couple times was that rural doctor offices have mandatory flu shots for their employees but the Covid shot is voluntary.  I have heard this in several stories, but none have spend one second explaining why this is a thing.  Why would one be voluntary and another be mandatory. 

Before Covid, I have heard of nurses losing jobs over denying a flu shot.  I know it's a tough nut to crack because the standard citizen isn't here to learn about what MRNA is or means, doesn't have a good understanding of stats or exponential spread, and also is somewhat untrusting of government.  Those folks often live off of the anecdotal evidence and opinions of those they know in relevant fields, and here we are rough ridin' around with not reaching herd immunity while flu shots are required and Covid shots are voluntary.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
NPR had a story yesterday about the low vaccination rate of rural health care workers.  It was something like 59%.  One thing that came up a couple times was that rural doctor offices have mandatory flu shots for their employees but the Covid shot is voluntary.  I have heard this in several stories, but none have spend one second explaining why this is a thing.  Why would one be voluntary and another be mandatory. 

Before Covid, I have heard of nurses losing jobs over denying a flu shot.  I know it's a tough nut to crack because the standard citizen isn't here to learn about what MRNA is or means, doesn't have a good understanding of stats or exponential spread, and also is somewhat untrusting of government.  Those folks often live off of the anecdotal evidence and opinions of those they know in relevant fields, and here we are rough ridin' around with not reaching herd immunity while flu shots are required and Covid shots are voluntary.

That is odd, especially since these are the idiots that constantly shout, "its just the flu".

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Why would one be voluntary and another be mandatory. 

well for one thing, the covid vaccines are only authorized by the fda on the basis of emergency use.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
33's lucky he has people in his life that care about his health and the health of his community!

33, please thank these people from all of us here. nice work by them.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
If we really cared we'd also tell people to get off their fat asses and exercise and eat right but in a friendly way though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If we really cared we'd also tell people to get off their fat asses and exercise and eat right but in a friendly way though.

I wish it were politically expedient to declare a “war on obesity.”

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

I wish it were politically expedient to declare a “war on obesity.”
Your obesity won’t kill your grandmother. Inauthentic talking point in relation to Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
:thumbs: Well said.