Author Topic: Who is NOT getting jabbed and why??? Let's talk about it in a friendly way!  (Read 4016 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I get my first dose next week.  I can't wait to get it so everyone will shut up and stop telling me what to do.
I’m glad we have effectively shamed you into doing the right thing
33's lucky he has people in his life that care about his health and the health of his community!
If we really cared we'd also tell people to get off their fat asses and exercise and eat right but in a friendly way though.

I wish it were politically expedient to declare a “war on obesity.”
Your obesity won’t kill your grandmother. Inauthentic talking point in relation to Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just speaking generally, sd.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I get my first dose next week.  I can't wait to get it so everyone will shut up and stop telling me what to do.
33's lucky he has people in his life that care about his health and the health of his community!
If we really cared we'd also tell people to get off their fat asses and exercise and eat right but in a friendly way though.

Your obesity won’t kill your grandmother. Inauthentic talking point in relation to Covid.

Yeah. like I wouldn't tell my mom that she needs to lose 10 pounds before she can come visit my kids, but I would happily tell her to get vaccinated first.

it's a lot easier (and more reasonable) to convince someone to drive down to walgreens for 10 minutes than it is to make major lifestyle changes.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Yeah. like I wouldn't tell my mom that she needs to lose 10 pounds before she can come visit my kids, but I would happily tell her to get vaccinated first.

it's a lot easier (and more reasonable) to convince someone to drive down to walgreens for 10 minutes than it is to make major lifestyle changes.
Agreed and since the government likes to control so many things why not tax the crap out of fast food, pop, snackfoods etc.? Make it more affordable to eat healthier. Quit taking time away from recess for kids, etc. etc.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Agreed and since the government likes to control so many things why not tax the crap out of fast food, pop, snackfoods etc.? Make it more affordable to eat healthier. Quit taking time away from recess for kids, etc. etc.

tried and failed (at least the beverage part, I haven't heard of a meaningful trend of taking away recess)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugary_drinks_portion_cap_rule

(of course we don't worry about corn subsidies)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Hell yeah

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also worth considering food deserts and crap. taxing the crap out of a big mac probably won't help people

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not directed at you, but a funny thing about the obesity discussion in the context in COVID is that a lot of people championing it now also went completely nuts when Michelle Obama tried her “let’s have kids eat healthy and exercise” campaign.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
also worth considering food deserts and crap. taxing the crap out of a big mac probably won't help people

We need more Sav-a-lots and similar places in the world. Also need an easier way to tell Dollar General to GTFO, especially in rural areas.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Not directed at you, but a funny thing about the obesity discussion in the context in COVID is that a lot of people championing it now also went completely nuts when Michelle Obama tried her “let’s have kids eat healthy and exercise” campaign.
If you had that weird square cheese pizza as a kid.... you'd want the same for your child

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I always gave my square pizza away to buds
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Lol so did you guys see herd immunity probably isn't possible now?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We need more Sav-a-lots and similar places in the world. Also need an easier way to tell Dollar General to GTFO, especially in rural areas.

The Big Grocery Store lobby claims that Dollar General runs rural grocery stores out of town with their milk and egg prices. I'm not sure I buy that, but I also don't have a solid understanding of that industry.

Anyway, if what they say is true, then maybe the problem could be fixed by requiring a store to have a produce and meats section if it is going to be allowed to sell milk, eggs, and bread.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

The Big Grocery Store lobby claims that Dollar General runs rural grocery stores out of town with their milk and egg prices. I'm not sure I buy that, but I also don't have a solid understanding of that industry.

Anyway, if what they say is true, then maybe the problem could be fixed by requiring a store to have a produce and meats section if it is going to be allowed to sell milk, eggs, and bread.

They also run them out of town by selling all the non-perishables and other crap way cheaper than the local store can afford to. Bold would be legit. Still better for locals to ban together and kick DG out. Not sure if that is possible/legal tho. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Meade, KS has both a dollar general and a grocery store. grocery store is legit for a town the size of meade.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Meade, KS has both a dollar general and a grocery store. grocery store is legit for a town the size of meade.

Meade, by all accounts, is very elite for a small town.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are there any medical reasons not to get the vaccine? I had a guy tell me his doctor told him he shouldn’t get it and I think he was lying.

My mother's doctor tole her not to get it. Luckily she's smarter than her doctor.

She should get a new doctor asap