Author Topic: 2021 ncaa tournament thread  (Read 15135 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 ncaa tournament thread
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2021, 01:15:34 AM »
So is covid hadn't washed out the 2020 tournament would Baylor be celebrating its 2nd title? I think very likely yes.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2021, 01:34:37 AM »
hell yeah big 12, feels great

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2021, 02:14:52 AM »
I think this was great for the conference and Beard very well might win one within the next 5 years.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »
I think this was great for the conference and Beard very well might win one within the next 5 years.

I legit think KU might be 3rd if you were ranking B12 program futures.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2021, 01:14:20 PM »
If the fact that the sites and dates of play wasn't enough to sway anyone that the ncaa won't be changing to a weekend-early week format for the 2022 tournament, this should do the trick.
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/04/march-madness-ratings-national-championship-baylor-gonzaga/

The complete NCAA men’s basketball tournament averaged 3.82 million viewers per game, according to The Hollywood Reporter — down 13% from 2019. Despite the strong finish, the tournament had trouble hitting the high notes. Just four of this year’s 66 games cracked the eight million viewer mark, compared to 11 in 2019 and nine in 2018.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2021, 05:03:33 PM »
The women's tournament is generally better than the men. Because the talent isn't very evenly distributed there are very few early round upsets, and the teams late are evenly matched. UConn has lost in the last four final fours, two of them by buzzer beaters.

i'm not gonna pretend i can be convinced to really watch WBB, but wtf was that last possession in the tourney?  Stanford literally quadruple teamed the ball at the top of the key and the AZ player could not figure it out?  i don't know if you can see something like that and claim the tournament is better in any real sense.  it's like men's college bb vs the nba...you can like CBB more, but it's not cuz of quality of play

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2021, 12:05:50 AM »
The women's tournament is generally better than the men. Because the talent isn't very evenly distributed there are very few early round upsets, and the teams late are evenly matched. UConn has lost in the last four final fours, two of them by buzzer beaters.

i'm not gonna pretend i can be convinced to really watch WBB, but wtf was that last possession in the tourney?  Stanford literally quadruple teamed the ball at the top of the key and the AZ player could not figure it out?  i don't know if you can see something like that and claim the tournament is better in any real sense.  it's like men's college bb vs the nba...you can like CBB more, but it's not cuz of quality of play

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to watch anything, especially given you are putting that much stock in one play that resulted in a shot that rimmed out. You professed to not watch then argued with my assessment of the women's quality of play in the later stages of the tournament.

I think it's pretty telling that you focused on a player who panicked and didn't make the right play at the end of a really good game, still almost made the shot. That's contrasted by the men's final which was over by the first media timeout.

Super weird post.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2021, 01:13:41 AM »

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to watch anything, especially given you are putting that much stock in one play that resulted in a shot that rimmed out. You professed to not watch then argued with my assessment of the women's quality of play in the later stages of the tournament.

I think it's pretty telling that you focused on a player who panicked and didn't make the right play at the end of a really good game, still almost made the shot. That's contrasted by the men's final which was over by the first media timeout.

Super weird post.

i think it's literally the only play of that tournament i saw, sorry...and i think i also read someone complaining that the play before also sucked...i didn't watch any of the men's final either tho, tbh...