Author Topic: 2021 ncaa tournament thread  (Read 15458 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 ncaa tournament thread
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2021, 10:53:30 PM »
United States of Al looks like one of the worst sitcoms ever created.  I'm just going to bitch about the commercials before I fall asleep because nobody is blogging about basketball now because it's on way too damn late.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2021, 11:03:18 PM »
Lmao

Didn’t even realize that grimes was the kid from ku.

And Baylor whipping ass. No wonder the Tully corcoran’s of the ku Twitter world are butthurt about the tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, something happened with Q. He was not welcomed back after his one-and-done dreams fell through.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2021, 11:17:50 PM »
Congrats to the Baylor Bears.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2021, 11:44:16 PM »
Big 12 has had Oklahoma, KU, Tech and now Baylor reach the final 4 in 5(?) seasons. That’s legit.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »

Now when the tournament eventually makes it to 96 teams, then we'll see a different schedule. First week will probably go Thursday-Tuesday, second weekend Friday-Monday, final four unchanged.
looks like S16 on Saturday & Sunday was a success for ratings- i worry this format sticks
 as soon as next year :frown:
https://twitter.com/marchmadnesstv/status/1376917138103918594?s=21

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2021, 11:09:25 AM »

Now when the tournament eventually makes it to 96 teams, then we'll see a different schedule. First week will probably go Thursday-Tuesday, second weekend Friday-Monday, final four unchanged.
looks like S16 on Saturday & Sunday was a success for ratings- i worry this format sticks

We'll see what kind of hit they take on Mon/Tues E8 games. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
I like this format much better except the S16 and E8 games should start an hour earlier
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2021, 12:56:23 PM »
Why would you rather have 4 games to watch on Thursday and Friday and only 2 Saturday and Sunday? If you’re trying to minimize time commitment by having more games overlap I don’t think that is their target.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
Why would you rather have 4 games to watch on Thursday and Friday and only 2 Saturday and Sunday? If you’re trying to minimize time commitment by having more games overlap I don’t think that is their target.

yeah I think it should be Thursday-Sunday for 1st and 2nd rounds and Saturday-Tuesday for S16 and E8. FF could be Saturday/Monday or Sunday Tuesday

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2021, 01:27:39 PM »
End of the week is better than beginning of week but that's just IMO

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »

yeah I think it should be Thursday-Sunday for 1st and 2nd rounds and Saturday-Tuesday for S16 and E8. FF could be Saturday/Monday or Sunday Tuesday

I like this. Keep Final 4 weekend the same. It’s nice having the S16 to fill the weekend and then two evening games Mon and Tue.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2021, 04:57:44 PM »
yes I enjoyed the quadruple headers on saturday and Sunday. granted I fell asleep because I watched the shitty games, but I liked that the option was there.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2021, 05:02:16 PM »
I’ve watched parts of all 61 games so far!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »

That blows my mind
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »
wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2021, 06:21:26 PM »
Pretty easy, it’s a pandemic, I don’t have kids, and I like basketball

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2021, 09:18:40 PM »
10 minutes, 4 points.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2021, 11:00:19 PM »
call me old fashioned,but i think if you're gonna call your state team the wolverines, you better have some damn wolverines in the state.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2021, 11:06:28 PM »

It's all the more impressive with a pandemic assuming you didn't go to a bar for the first round where they have all four games on at one time.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2021, 11:16:02 PM »
UCLA holding it down for the blue bloods

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2021, 11:25:42 PM »

It's all the more impressive with a pandemic assuming you didn't go to a bar for the first round where they have all four games on at one time.
I took the Friday off, three YouTube TV streams on my home office setup, the 4th on the TV in the corner!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2021, 01:09:48 AM »

Yes, you're probably right. It's rational to think CBS will tear up their media rights contract with 7 years left on it, and the NCAA will renegotiate the contracts they've already signed with all of the facilities for the next three years, and the cities, facility management companies, and pro sports teams who own these facilities, along with all of the hotels in these cities will be completely cool with all of this because 8 games in a 67 game event had a ratings increase of 12%.

I wouldn't be surprised if the elite 8 ratings are up, even though the games were crap and that definitely hurts ratings, but even if they are up, again this isn't changing next year, just like they didn't change formats in 2019 when the ratings were historically shitty.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2021, 09:04:50 AM »

Yes, you're probably right. It's rational to think CBS will tear up their media rights contract with 7 years left on it, and the NCAA will renegotiate the contracts they've already signed with all of the facilities for the next three years, and the cities, facility management companies, and pro sports teams who own these facilities, along with all of the hotels in these cities will be completely cool with all of this because 8 games in a 67 game event had a ratings increase of 12%.

I wouldn't be surprised if the elite 8 ratings are up, even though the games were crap and that definitely hurts ratings, but even if they are up, again this isn't changing next year, just like they didn't change formats in 2019 when the ratings were historically shitty.

of course their ratings are up.  almost everyone is at home, where there televisions are.  not in the office, not at bars.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2021, 01:24:48 PM »

of course their ratings are up.  almost everyone is at home, where there televisions are.  not in the office, not at bars.

Believe it or not but the NCAA tournament ratings being up has broken a trend across sports and other live events, like awards shows since the pandemic started. All ratings have been down pretty significantly. The only other exception was nascar last summer but they were historically low before the pandemic and have leveled out since the summer spike.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »

I took the Friday off, three YouTube TV streams on my home office setup, the 4th on the TV in the corner!

Nice. Three race tracks up on mine today.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk