Author Topic: goEMAW represent, I am in a draft for all time kstate legends teams. HELP ME  (Read 10039 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
What's going on fellas and gals? Well things are about to be a lot of fun. I will be updating this throughout the process of the K-State Legends Basketball draft. Obviously strength is in our numbers and goEMAW has dudes who have seen all different era's of basketball. This draft was started by @thekstatefan and he is one of the participants.

So essentially I get a pick 1-8 in this snake draft.
All twitter handles in the draft are as follows.
@thekstatefan
@Justin_Eichman
@1_MattHall
@grantleonard21
@NordyJelson
@SidelinesKstate
@PowercatEng
and us the mighty goEMAW powered team
@GregKSU1027

I still have no idea what pick I get so essentially we need to compile a list of what we think are the Top 64 players in KSU History and draft from them. Thought this would give us something to do that was fun and maybe even we take home the crown. The team's will play eachother in his famous twitter poll brackets. So I came here to ask for everyone's help. Thanks again, this community is awesome and Go Cat's!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:11:38 PM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Just ignore everyone who played before Mike Evans and you will have the best team.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
@thekstatefan just sent out the draft order.

1. Sidelines KState
2. TheKStateFan
3. Grant Leonard
4. Matt Hall
5. PowercatEng
6. NordyJelson
7. Justin Eichman
8. Greg  :excited:

We got the pick I wanted cause we get to pick back to back every round!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:11:59 PM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a lot of unknown factors here.

Do you have draft a team position specific, if so can you start 4 guards?

How many players are being drafted?

Is there a preselected pool of players?

Most importantly how is a winner determined?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Manny Dies #8 and Pero Vasiljevic #9 - Nobody will talk crap on your team

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
There's a lot of unknown factors here.

Do you have draft a team position specific, if so can you start 4 guards?
Kstatefan's response is "No, just try to make a team that would make sense. And yes every K-State player is eligible. It's up to you to decide  if players from the 50s could compete with players from today."
How many players are being drafted?
8 players per team. 64 total.
Is there a preselected pool of players?
Every Kstate player to ever be on an official roster is eligible
Most importantly how is a winner determined?
By his twitter poll's on @thekstatefan profile in a tournament bracket between the 8 teams.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Denis and Angel with picks 8-9.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Pick all people who had hands in when K-State basketball was its most fun.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Denis would be okay at 8 and if you pick Angel in the top 10, I'm going to slap you in the mouth. The problem with picking Denis is the way winners are picked, if it were a true draft, making him the first point or second guard picked is just fine. However, he is highly underrated by a large segment of our fan base.

I actually hate where you are in the draft. You'll get very good players at 8 & 9, but not picking again until 24 is rough. You're the last person to get a top 3 player and the last to round out your starting 5.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just ignore everyone who played before Mike Evans and you will have the best team.

This is doo doo advice. First of all Lon Kruger played before Mike Evans and K-State twitter would love that pick, and he's going to be available late rounds. If you weren't just doing this for twitter, Dick Knostman would be the goat pick and you could definitely get him. Homeboy averaged 22 points a game damn near 70 years ago, in 1953. He is still in the top 10 in rebounding. I guarantee you that he has the best tempo adjusted points and rebounds in school history and my man played in a final four.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

This is doo doo advice. First of all Lon Kruger played before Mike Evans and K-State twitter would love that pick, and he's going to be available late rounds. If you weren't just doing this for twitter, Dick Knostman would be the goat pick and you could definitely get him. Homeboy averaged 22 points a game damn near 70 years ago, in 1953. He is still in the top 10 in rebounding. I guarantee you that he has the best tempo adjusted points and rebounds in school history and my man played in a final four.

This was advice for making the best possible team before I knowing it was a twitter popularity contest.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

This was advice for making the best possible team before I knowing it was a twitter popularity contest.
Sad thing is it is always a popularity contest in these poll contests.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, that account or another dunno, did something similar over the summer with a top 25 players and after the top 5 I thought it was kind of a crap show.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

Yeah, that account or another dunno, did something similar over the summer with a top 25 players and after the top 5 I thought it was kind of a crap show.
Yuh it’s the same account, picks start next monday! I will update this thread with the first 7 and what we will pick at 8-9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
ok greg so the real question is who follows thekstatefan on twitter and how will they vote in this popularity contest? you have to think 3 moves ahead. Only if its a true random sampling of people that will be voting in this poll should you pick who you objectively think would be the best lineup. if its mostly tucknation then like...keep that in mind. FTR i have no idea who all follows thekstatefan on twitter im just asking the question

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ok greg so the real question is who follows thekstatefan on twitter and how will they vote in this popularity contest? you have to think 3 moves ahead. Only if its a true random sampling of people that will be voting in this poll should you pick who you objectively think would be the best lineup. if its mostly tucknation then like...keep that in mind. FTR i have no idea who all follows thekstatefan on twitter im just asking the question

I mean K-State twitter is K-State twitter, I feel like there's only like 150-200 or so of us. I know there's significantly more but the amount who are active seems like a really small group of people.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

I mean K-State twitter is K-State twitter, I feel like there's only like 150-200 or so of us. I know there's significantly more but the amount who are active seems like a really small group of people.
So the draft has started.
R1P1 Micheal Beasley
R1P2 Mitch Richmond
R1P3 Jacob Pullen

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
I am thinking either Denis or Askia at 8

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would go with Tom Alfaro at 8.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Not first round, but you may be able to get Norris Coleman at good value
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Or #1 overall pick Bob Boozer
:adios:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Not first round, but you may be able to get Norris Coleman at good value
Norris is on my list. And so is Bob :ksu:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
As of now.
1. Michael Beasley
2. Mitch Richmond
3. Jacob Pullen
4. Rolando Blackmon

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, you're going to want to get one old dude with 8/9 and then just talk about how these whippersnappers don't remember the good ol days

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Yeah, you're going to want to get one old dude with 8/9 and then just talk about how these whippersnappers don't remember the good ol days
Who is that old dude?