Author Topic: which seniors are staying?  (Read 13537 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: which seniors are staying?
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »
You mean Arkansas State?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »
I don't expect like quick decision making and pocket presence or knowledge of the plays and defenses and crap out of my freshmen qb. I do expect like a moderate amount of throwing the ball good. that expectation was not, like, met.

Even his completed passes lacked sex appeal. Dude just throws an ugly ass ball, which leads me to believe he'll always be inaccurate.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2020, 03:45:40 PM »
why does everyone just assume that howard will transfer if rubley beats him out in 2022? he seems to like it here and seems to like his coaches.

I'd also be a little surprised if rubley doesn't beat him out. not like flat out shocked or anything but definitely surpised. i'd handicap it more like 85-15. i mean between the two of them, one was the#12 ranked pro qb in his class and the other is will howard.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2020, 04:25:31 PM »
why does everyone just assume that howard will transfer if rubley beats him out in 2022? he seems to like it here and seems to like his coaches.

I'd also be a little surprised if rubley doesn't beat him out. not like flat out shocked or anything but definitely surpised. i'd handicap it more like 85-15. i mean between the two of them, one was the#12 ranked pro qb in his class and the other is will howard.
yeah but will howard will have had an extra year, which can make quite a bit of difference.  who knows what will looks like 20 months from now.  could be good by then!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »
Here's yet another reminder that Howard gave the ball to the other teams more times than he either ran or threw it into the endzone in all 7 games he started.

It's not going to be hard to beat him.

I don't think this is accurate! Or know why you would exclude Tech.

But I agree improving his decision making and ball control is probably most important for him to make an impact down the line.

I'm always accurate.

I excluded Tech because as I said originally, he didn't start.

TCU: 1 INT 0 TD
KU: 1 Fumble 2 TD
WVU: 3 INT 1 TD
OSU: 1 INT 1 Fumble 1 TD
ISU: 1 INT 0 TD
RapeU: 2 INT 1 TD
UT: 2 INT 1 Fumble 2 TD

Total: 12 Turnovers 7 Touchdowns

So even if I had included the 1 touchdown he accounted for in the Tech game, he still gave it to the other teams far more often.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2020, 04:44:34 PM »
Rubes will be in Manhattan for almost 9 months before game 1 of 2021. For someone with his talent, that's like 3 years of experience for Will.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »
Here's yet another reminder that Howard gave the ball to the other teams more times than he either ran or threw it into the endzone in all 7 games he started.

But I agree improving his decision making and ball control is probably most important for him to make an impact down the line.

I'm always accurate.

So even if I had included the 1 touchdown he accounted for in the Tech game, he still gave it to the other teams far more often.

you're not counting rushing TD's

INACCURATE!!!

also there were clearly games where he accounted for more TD's than TO's while you said he didn't do that in "all 7 games he started". In total that's true but not when you look at each individual game

INACCURATE!!!!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2020, 07:27:22 PM »
Rubes will be in Manhattan for almost 9 months before game 1 of 2021. For someone with his talent, that's like 3 years of experience for Will.

Thompson starts next year, but yeah. Will got to kstate august 2020. Rubley will get here January 2021. So we’re talking 24 months at kstate vs 19 months when they’re competing for the 2022 starting job. The whole Howard will have way more time and experience is close to a non issue in my opinion.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »

Thompson starts next year, but yeah. Will got to kstate august 2020. Rubley will get here January 2021. So we’re talking 24 months at kstate vs 19 months when they’re competing for the 2022 starting job. The whole Howard will have way more time and experience is close to a non issue in my opinion.

Howard was an early enrollee, but not sure it didn’t him any good since they didn’t get any spring practices
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2020, 07:58:43 PM »
I could care less if his turnovers were due to a few careless fumbles or because he couldn't read defenses and was still slinging the football.

The problem with Howard is he can't sling the football. Period. He has no upside. He flat out cannot make the throws a college QB is expected to make.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2020, 08:46:14 PM »
MODS!

can we please break the qb slap fight out of this thread?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2020, 08:56:29 PM »
MODS!

can we please break the qb slap fight out of this thread?

It was a frustrating season. I regrettably understand the fingerpointing.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
I listened to gopowercat.com podcast today and their 2 recruiting analysts talked a lot about Rubley but said Howard's high school film actually showed a stronger arm than Rubley.
That is very troubling. among 10 concerning things about Howard his lack of arm strength was #1.
they said Rubley is ahead in ability to see the field and look off receivers.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2020, 10:31:21 PM »
They’re idiots then. I just watched about twenty rubley throws In a recruiting video. He has a stronger arm and 200% better mechanics than Howard. I’m not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that they did.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2020, 11:30:00 PM »
Can mechanics and arm strength improve?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2020, 11:35:58 PM »

I agree with this, I think Rubley has a better chance of unseating Skylar in 2021 than Howard does of starting over Rubley in 2022, accounting for all three remaining healthy of course.

I listened to gopowercat.com podcast today and their 2 recruiting analysts talked a lot about Rubley but said Howard's high school film actually showed a stronger arm than Rubley.
That is very troubling. among 10 concerning things about Howard his lack of arm strength was #1.
they said Rubley is ahead in ability to see the field and look off receivers.

You have had to misheard them, if they said this it's the dumbest thing I've heard in some while.

Look at the video in this link, this was from when he was a high school sophomore
https://n.rivals.com/news/highlands-ranch-qb-jake-rubley-is-a-stud-2021-prospect

This was him at Elite 11 last February
https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/k-state-qb-commit-rubley-impresses

Finally I can't post this enough
https://twitter.com/BrooksAustinSI/status/1275436589632516097

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
This is going to sound facetious but it's not, I love rusty's steadfastness with not giving up on Will Howard. You're 100% right though. Howard has unquestionably better stats across the board as a partial freshman year than Ell did through his entire sophomore year. The only stat Ell had more of was touchdown runs but Ell had a lot more attempts. Will has more touchdowns, yards per attempt, adjusted yards per attempt, less interceptions, even the yards per carry between the two is the same 4.7. This was 16 games for Ell compared to only 9 for Will. So he still has plenty of time.

I will say the only difference is that with Ell, even if he wasn't producing and turning the ball over badly, we could see it was in him, we saw he was going to be good. Will didn't show that yet, he's plucky but we aren't seeing anything close to what we saw with Ell.

This whole game used to be on YouTube but now it's gone, anyway it's my favorite loss of all time, any sport. You'll get the idea from the highlights.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pG_oOPFiQZg[/youtube]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2020, 06:51:19 AM »
It's amazing to me that people seem to assume that (a) Howard will not improve and (b) Rubely, in virtue of being somewhat highly rated, will be good. The only thing I'd bet on is that Howard will get better.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2020, 07:27:42 AM »
It's amazing to me that people seem to assume that (a) Howard will not improve and (b) Rubely, in virtue of being somewhat highly rated, will be good. The only thing I'd bet on is that Howard will get better.
Nobody itt is saying either of those things as far as I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »
Nobody itt is saying either of those things as far as I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said they seem to assume. I don't know how else people would conclude that Rubely should beat out Howard.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2020, 07:41:11 AM »
Here's another way to think about it. It's amazing to me that people seem to assume that Rubely would have been a better 2020 K-State QB than Howard was. There's almost nothing to base that on.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2020, 07:45:30 AM »
Imagine if TCU goes on to score on their last drive after Will fell down with no one around him, lol.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:09 AM »

I'm always accurate.

you're not counting rushing TD's

INACCURATE!!!

also there were clearly games where he accounted for more TD's than TO's while you said he didn't do that in "all 7 games he started". In total that's true but not when you look at each individual game

INACCURATE!!!!

Son of a bitch... that's what I get for getting in a hurry. New numbers now including rushing touchdowns are as follows:

TCU: 1 INT 1 TD
OSU: 1 INT 1 Fumble 2 TD
RapeU: 2 INT 2 TD

13 Turnovers and 10 Touchdowns

Will Howard only had 1 rushing touchdown against Tech, so that still doesn't change anything. I didn't state explicitly that I was talking his season totals, so that one can be on me. However, I meant overall, not each individual game. Having said that, you still look at those game breakdowns and it's not good.

He just flat out sucks at protecting the ball and we're never going to be a successful program with him under center unless that dramatically changes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:04:57 AM by PurpleOil »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »
I will say the only difference is that with Ell, even if he wasn't producing and turning the ball over badly, we could see it was in him, we saw he was going to be good. Will didn't show that yet, he's plucky but we aren't seeing anything close to what we saw with Ell.

^This right here. Howard hasn't shown flashes of brilliance.