Author Topic: Laverne and Shirley game thread started at the under 4 timeout of the first half  (Read 3471 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How is this team so comically bad at defense?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Davion Bradford tho, right  :excited:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Does selton look as good as the box score indicates?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He does, jump shots and attacking the rim

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why does oscar call timeouts during our runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Because he sees something he wants to fix :dunno: oscar is the king of overcoaching but I've never brought into him calling timeouts during our runs as an issue.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel like he does it a lot

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't want to put this on two specific dudes but oscar finally sat the two power forwards, at least to start each half and we've looked way better on offense playing 4 guards. We're no better defensively, but the offense looks good having the floor spread.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I feel like he does it a lot

Yeah, I don't think it matters at all, nor do I consider an 11-7 stretch a run. He called that timeout in particular because Bradford wss tired and he wanted to get him out. It looks like we don't have Ez tonight so Weber is trying to measure Davion's minutes since he's a big dude who hasn't played a lot.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Does Dejuan Gordon suck as bad as the box score indicates?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think he's been better tonight. He's been quiet which is fine. He's being a ball mover and not forcing shots or turning the ball over a lot. With this four guard line up and these freshmen being legit offensive weapons, DaJuan being a Will Spradlingesq ball mover is exactly what he needs to do.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jesus Christ Davion Bradford is aggressive, Ez has been Wally Pipped.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Miguel, Pack, and Bradford are special.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
is the sophomore class a bust? man they haven't contributed much of anything this year except minutes

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We are going to lose

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's amazing how badly oscar Weber continually gets disrespected by referees. There were no fewer than 6 calls the last 45 seconds of that game that we were on the wrong side of. Milwaukee got a favorable whistle on the road at K-State. I don't ever remember thinking, "yeah, team x got screwed, we definitely got the calls tonight."

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
It's amazing how badly oscar Weber continually gets disrespected by referees. There were no fewer than 6 calls the last 45 seconds of that game that we were on the wrong side of. Milwaukee got a favorable whistle on the road at K-State. I don't ever remember thinking, "yeah, team x got screwed, we definitely got the calls tonight."

besides the FT hitting the rim, what?

kinda did a small favor not calling the foul with  6 secs left when mcgurl got pushed

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Miguel, Pack, and Bradford are special.

Word on the street is Kasubke can ball out too.  The 2019 class has really failed to launch.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a good basketball hiding within Dejuan Gordon, I just know it. It'll kill me if he flames out.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Nice to see some good things.

I don't have a Kenpom sub, but we have to be one of the worst 3-point defensives teams in the nation, don't we?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have hope the sophomores can at least be decent roleplayers by the time our super stud freshman are juniors. 2 decent roleplayers and Dajuan is an above average class. Bad if they’re our best players but good enough to support the studs. Rudi and EZ look alright too.

It’s very rare a 7 footer that’s not a projected lottery pick makes an immediate impact. Ku fans were saying they didn’t want him and they got their guy in Muscadin. Maybe it was true at the time but looks like our guy is the better player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

besides the FT hitting the rim, what?

kinda did a small favor not calling the foul with  6 secs left when mcgurl got pushed

The way they called those touch fouls when Milwaukee had to take fouls was brutal. Two of them absolutely weren't fouls and were anticipated, that time was huge. There was a missed travel in the scramble possession where they hit the last three. I suppose it's possible that three pointer got his arm touched when Pollard called the three shot foul, but the shooter's embellishment makes me think he didn't and pollard also anticipated that one too. The foul they called was also not a foul, they didn't give it on the baseline, and they shouldn't have, but then they called the slight touch when McGurl got away. Finally, of course the free throw. That was Sirmons' second screw up btw, he was the one who started the clock when Milwaukee rolled the ball in, they retook the in bounds play and Weber picked up too aggressively and that led to the scramble three that had the travel.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hopefully Shane can coach his ass up
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have hope the sophomores can at least be decent roleplayers by the time our super stud freshman are juniors. 2 decent roleplayers and Dajuan is an above average class. Bad if they’re our best players but good enough to support the studs. Rudi and EZ look alright too.

It’s very rare a 7 footer that’s not a projected lottery pick makes an immediate impact. Ku fans were saying they didn’t want him and they got their guy in Muscadin. Maybe it was true at the time but looks like our guy is the better player.

The only salvageable returning sophomore is Dajuan, and even he won't be what people want him to be. He needs to work on his defending and becoming a better shooter. I think his upside is being a 4 year starter eventually averaging like 10 pts., 3 assists, & 3 boards, but he's got to be more efficient and cut the turnovers. He has a career TOr of 20%