Author Topic: Forthcoming Civil War Thread  (Read 9970 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Forthcoming Civil War Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
Hey hey, nobody needs to question us when we're burning down city blocks, attacking Federal facilities and wounding Federal officers (Phil Titola)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2021, 03:09:40 PM »
Hey hey, nobody needs to question us when we're burning down city blocks, attacking Federal facilities and wounding Federal officers (Phil Titola)

Is this legit still happening?  Just weird I haven't heard about it for awhile and I've heard it twice in the past couple days?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2021, 03:11:02 PM »
"The use of violence is a tactic of how we keep our communities safe,"

After a year of protests, Portland residents have waning patience for Antifa
https://www.kake.com/story/44669856/after-a-year-of-protests-portland-residents-have-waning-patience-for-antifa

Right behind you mom . . . (Milo Antifa)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
Justwin, do you believe the 2020 election was stolen?

No.  There's just no way to make the statement that RATM made based on the information he gave.  He didn't give any statistics on what the percentages for needing violent action are for Republicans who don't think the election was stolen from Trump.  The only way for his statement to be true is for that percentage to basically be 0, which I doubt it is.

If:
x = republicans who believe the election was stolen
y = all republicans
z = republicans who want to fight a civil war

then:
z = 0.3y
z = 0.39x
0.39x = 0.3y

x/y = 0.3/0.39 = 77%
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 03:39:44 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2021, 03:56:51 PM »
Amazing

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2021, 04:02:36 PM »
To be fair, the article did use 39% in two different contexts:

Among Americans who believe the 2020 election was “stolen” from Donald Trump, which it was not, 39% believe violence may be required.

In February a survey by the American Enterprise Institute found that 39% of Republicans thought that “if elected leaders will not protect America, the people must do it themselves, even if it requires violent actions”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/01/republicans-violence-save-us-poll

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »
Clearly 3 out of 4 Republicans

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
Clearly 3 out of 4 Republicans

more than 3/4.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2021, 04:54:42 PM »
Guardian:  Almost a 3rd of Republicans

Guardian:  39% of Americans

AEI:  39% of Republicans

RATM:  75% of Republicans

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2021, 05:01:30 PM »
Guardian:  Almost a 3rd of Republicans

Guardian:  39% of Americans

AEI:  39% of Republicans

RATM:  75% of Republicans

Dax: can't read

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2021, 05:51:59 PM »
So dax, your reaction to a poll that says 30% of "YOUR SIDE" (using dax lingo) thinks political violence is necessary is to laugh at people who do not think political violence is necessary?

OK.

You won't answer this, because you never do.   But you're living in fantasy land if you don't think there's substantial elements of #blueanon who haven't and won't resort to violence.

Hoo boy, I'd purge every single bigoted MAGAt without a second thought. Wipe them the eff out.

See the difference is we'd wipe out the bigots and we would be in a utopia, for at least a month. MAGA would never be happy and just keep killing their own. They'd then kill the mouthy women like Tomi Lauren and Kristi Noem. They'd also kill the coons like Terrence K. Williams, those light skinned twins,, and that coon that made the Let's Go Brandon rap. Milo Y., dead. Alex Jones, dead, Greg Abbott and Madison Cawthorn, dead.

The motherfuckers tried to hang THEIR vice president. If MAGA got off their old, fat, lazy asses to start a civil war, they'd never stop killing each other.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »

No.  There's just no way to make the statement that RATM made based on the information he gave.  He didn't give any statistics on what the percentages for needing violent action are for Republicans who don't think the election was stolen from Trump.  The only way for his statement to be true is for that percentage to basically be 0, which I doubt it is.

If:
y = all republicans

then:
z = 0.3y
z = 0.39x
0.39x = 0.3y

x/y = 0.3/0.39 = 77%

z=.39x is only true if the percentage of Republicans that don't think the elections was stolen and also think there should be violence is 0.  I highly doubt that is true.  The percentage of independents that think there needs to be violence is 31% and the percentage of Democrats is 17%.  Your equations should be:

z=.3y
z=.39x+q*r
.3y=.39x+q*r
x/y=.77 - q*r

r = republicans that don't think the election was stolen
q = proportion of r that want a civil war

Your conclusion only follows if q=0.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2021, 07:34:05 PM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2021, 09:14:33 PM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

It is hilarious to me that he actually calls other people bigots when he's the biggest bigot on this board.  Oh and of course he thinks it's ok to say the word "coon" freely?.  Just one giant hypocriitical POS.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2021, 09:24:24 PM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

It is hilarious to me that he actually calls other people bigots when he's the biggest bigot on this board.  Oh and of course he thinks it's ok to say the word "coon" freely?.  Just one giant hypocriitical POS.
It’s hilarious and sad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2021, 03:01:37 AM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

You rough ridin' idiot MAGAs think it has any affect at all when you call black people bigots? It's the funniest crap ever. It's like calling an elephant a mouse in hopes that you try to teach it something. Keep on keeping on tho.

It's 100% okay for me call a coon a coon. Sorry you haven't come to grips with the fact that we can call each other things that you can't. Tough tits, cracker. Cry about it more, I'm sure it will make everything feel better.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2021, 06:40:55 AM »
Amazing

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »

If:
y = all republicans

then:
z = 0.3y
z = 0.39x
0.39x = 0.3y

x/y = 0.3/0.39 = 77%

z=.39x is only true if the percentage of Republicans that don't think the elections was stolen and also think there should be violence is 0.  I highly doubt that is true.  The percentage of independents that think there needs to be violence is 31% and the percentage of Democrats is 17%.  Your equations should be:

z=.3y
z=.39x+q*r
.3y=.39x+q*r
x/y=.77 - q*r

No, the article says that 39% of those who believe the election was stolen want to fight a civil war. It also says that 30% of all republicans want to fight a civil war. That's all you need, because the number of non-republicans who believe the election was stolen and want to fight a civil is small enough to ignore, and these people are republicans in everything but name, anyway.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:02 AM »

If:
y = all republicans

then:
z = 0.3y
z = 0.39x
0.39x = 0.3y

x/y = 0.3/0.39 = 77%

z=.3y
z=.39x+q*r
.3y=.39x+q*r
x/y=.77 - q*r

No, the article says that 39% of those who believe the election was stolen want to fight a civil war. It also says that 30% of all republicans want to fight a civil war. That's all you need, because the number of non-republicans who believe the election was stolen and want to fight a civil is small enough to ignore, and these people are republicans in everything but name, anyway.

There are Republicans that do not believe the election was stolen and believe that violence may be necessary.  The 30% figure covers Republicans that believe the elections was stolen and those that don't believe that.  You have to account for the percentage of Republicans that do not believe the election was stolen and believe that violence may be necessary.  That is almost certainly non-zero since the percentages for independents and Democrats are non-zero.  I think it's fine to assume that everyone that thinks the election was stolen is a Republican, but not every Republican that thinks violence may be necessary is a Republican that thinks the election was stolen.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

You rough ridin' idiot MAGAs think it has any affect at all when you call black people bigots? It's the funniest crap ever. It's like calling an elephant a mouse in hopes that you try to teach it something. Keep on keeping on tho.

It's 100% okay for me call a coon a coon. Sorry you haven't come to grips with the fact that we can call each other things that you can't. Tough tits, cracker. Cry about it more, I'm sure it will make everything feel better.

Angry black man alert!!  :curse:

Glad you think it's so funny but it really isn't.  I know you're smart enough to know what the definition of a bigot is and you certainly fit that definition.

Btw, I'm not MAGA.  It's possible to be conservative without being a MAGA but your pea-brain can't comprehend this.  Actually most of this board can't comprehend it either.  If you want to get your kicks by calling me MAGA, knock yourself out (it's the funniest crap ever  :rolleyes:).

It's also not 100% ok for you to think you have some kind of right to use derogatory terms. The fact you think you have some kind of inherent right to use those terms is just pathetic.  You're part of the larger problem.

Turn off Joy Reid bro..
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »

If:
y = all republicans

then:
z = 0.3y
z = 0.39x
0.39x = 0.3y

x/y = 0.3/0.39 = 77%

z=.3y
z=.39x+q*r
.3y=.39x+q*r
x/y=.77 - q*r

There are Republicans that do not believe the election was stolen and believe that violence may be necessary.  The 30% figure covers Republicans that believe the elections was stolen and those that don't believe that.  You have to account for the percentage of Republicans that do not believe the election was stolen and believe that violence may be necessary.  That is almost certainly non-zero since the percentages for independents and Democrats are non-zero.  I think it's fine to assume that everyone that thinks the election was stolen is a Republican, but not every Republican that thinks violence may be necessary is a Republican that thinks the election was stolen.

Oh, I see what you are saying now. That doesn't make much sense (why would violence be necessary if the election wasn't stolen?), but making sense doesn't count for much with the people we are talking about. You are probably correct.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

Monday night kickball league?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2021, 10:02:21 AM »
The "Olathe Parents in favor of putting #students1st" are all going to pull their kids out of public schools if the Cabal candidates win election to the school board today.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »

Oh, I see what you are saying now. That doesn't make much sense (why would violence be necessary if the election wasn't stolen?), but making sense doesn't count for much with the people we are talking about. You are probably correct.

In that same survey, 11% of Democrats said violence was necessary and 17% of independents did as well.  I think it has to do with a sentiment that what is going on in Washington must be stopped and the only way to accomplish that is to have a civil war.  You don't have to think an election was stolen to think that the other party represents an existential threat to your values.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »
Amazing screed by MaoIR

Angry black man alert!!  :curse:

Glad you think it's so funny but it really isn't.  I know you're smart enough to know what the definition of a bigot is and you certainly fit that definition.

Btw, I'm not MAGA.  It's possible to be conservative without being a MAGA but your pea-brain can't comprehend this.  Actually most of this board can't comprehend it either.  If you want to get your kicks by calling me MAGA, knock yourself out (it's the funniest crap ever  :rolleyes:).

It's also not 100% ok for you to think you have some kind of right to use derogatory terms. The fact you think you have some kind of inherent right to use those terms is just pathetic.  You're part of the larger problem.

Turn off Joy Reid bro..

MIR can 100% continue to call us crackers, and in fact he owes me a text back to help me with a mod of the term.