Author Topic: arguments for oscar  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: arguments for oscar
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2020, 09:53:55 AM »
Marcus Foster was pretty athletic even after he got fat.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2020, 09:59:29 AM »

Was he? I remembered his game as more similar to Pullen where he has that shifty create a shot with leverage type of skills not the I'm going to drive to the hoop and slam the ball over your head with my 40 inch vertical type of skills.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2020, 10:02:38 AM »

Was he? I remembered his game as more similar to Pullen where he has that shifty create a shot with leverage type of skills not the I'm going to drive to the hoop and slam the ball over your head with my 40 inch vertical type of skills.

He could definitely get to the rim. He decided to try and become short Antoine Walker, but he could absolutely thunderdunk.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2020, 11:08:18 AM »
Carti and Sneed are probably the most athletic players we’ve had since Walker and Sutton. Just my  :th_twocents:

Yea I’m just going to agree to disagree on the athleticism point but I am LBBIQ.   I do think oscar got 4 really good basketball players in Pack, Miguel, Bradford, and Kasubke but the 2019 class has been a major disappointment.  He doesn’t have any instant impact guys lined up for 2021, so you basically have had 1 good class in 6 years and that crap will get ya fired.

This is pretty objectively untrue. He's stayed employed with kstate for like the last six years off of one class.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »
It's very possible this freshman class is good enough that he repeats that trick.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »
That dunk vs Gonzaga might be my peak boner ever, during a basketball game.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2020, 12:06:27 PM »
I remember freshman Westicles throwing an alley oop to freshman Foster from half court for a dunk and thinking, "damn, they're going to be a superstar duo in a couple years."

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2020, 01:58:34 PM »
Carti and Sneed are probably the most athletic players we’ve had since Walker and Sutton. Just my  :th_twocents:

edwards

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2020, 02:05:31 PM »
I remember freshman Westicles throwing an alley oop to freshman Foster from half court for a dunk and thinking, "damn, they're going to be a superstar duo in a couple years."

What could have been :cry:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »

edwards
See, everyone says this, but I never remember him executing a crazy dunk in action. He’s the most glorified athlete oat in practice, that never showed it on the court.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2020, 04:05:47 PM »

What's the point of being athletic if your game is comprised of shooting corner threes? Athleticism is only relevant if it's utilized.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2020, 06:04:01 PM »
Oh, I agree, just thought we were doing an all athlete shoot off. Sutton is probably the most athletic we’ve seen. I hate B walks knees tho, could you imagine how bad ass he would have been before his 10th acl injury?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2020, 12:30:45 AM »
Gimme David Hoskins

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2020, 06:50:50 AM »

What's the point of being athletic if your game is comprised of shooting corner threes? Athleticism is only relevant if it's utilized.

I think athletic in this instance means handles more than anything right?  I’m probably equating athleticism more to strength and speed than elite dribbling ability.  X was as big strong and fast as it comes but he didn’t have the handles to consistently beat dudes 1 on 1 in the half court.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2020, 08:24:15 AM »
Wes was at least as, and probably more, athletic than Sneed and maybe Carti
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »

Marcus Foster’s Vince Carter type  dunk over a dude on a breakaway was about as athletic of a play as I can ever remember a cats player doing.  It felt like he was destined to be an NBA player but I guess he was too short. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2020, 09:10:56 AM »

Marcus Foster’s Vince Carter type  dunk over a dude on a breakaway was about as athletic of a play as I can ever remember a cats player doing.  It felt like he was destined to be an NBA player but I guess he was too short.
I’m like 99 percent sure I was watching that dunk with @ksupamplemousse at The Foundry (rip) in Westport. Was an unreal play
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »

For sure, again his coach didn't feel it was relevant, he might be the most underutilized cat OAT.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2020, 09:54:10 PM »
Yea I’m just going to agree to disagree on the athleticism point but I am LBBIQ.   I do think oscar got 4 really good basketball players in Pack, Miguel, Bradford, and Kasubke but the 2019 class has been a major disappointment.  He doesn’t have any instant impact guys lined up for 2021, so you basically have had 1 good class in 6 years and that crap will get ya fired.

Is there room for anyone in 2021 yet? The one dude we got has a lot of good offers.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2020, 09:58:52 PM »

Is there room for anyone in 2021 yet? The one dude we got has a lot of good offers.

I think technically the one is all they have open for 2021 but they will run off a few more I think.  The one 2021 they have reclassified from 2022 so I think the expectation is he will likely redshirt in 2021.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2020, 10:17:41 PM »

I think technically the one is all they have open for 2021 but they will run off a few more I think.  The one 2021 they have reclassified from 2022 so I think the expectation is he will likely redshirt in 2021.

There is no way they're going to keep both of those sophomore power forwards.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »
This is weird.

Maybe the apathy factor is greater here in TITLETOWN but it feels like KSO is 10x more in the angry  "fire oscar NOW" camp than gE right now.

KSO is full of reactionary emotional dweebs. we are much more level headed
I mean, gone are the days when gE used to bring this level of energy to the question of who would coach the 'Cats....

I still own www.firejohncurrie.com if you'd like to buy it.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »

There is no way they're going to keep both of those sophomore power forwards.

Might even jettison both of them