Author Topic: arguments for oscar  (Read 7314 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: arguments for oscar
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »
There are 5 top 150 guys he brought in this year. Two are hurt and there was zero offseason prep due to covid. Literally had to cancel their summer trip overseas. He didn’t land 2 McDonalds AA who could limp into a 11 seed. Love it when the anti brucers come out of hiding and were quiet for years when he was succeeding.

Yes, he has a very good class his year.  But there are other classes littered with players who did absolutely nothing.  With all the effort oscar puts into recruiting, it’s just feels like the ROI is a little lacking to me.   :dunno:

But let’s see how this class pans out.  Maybe next year it looks amazing.
Honestly, I could careless these days too. Just trying to make a point that never Brucer’s gave up on the program, because they lost a guy who has a worse track record than him now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 09:17:50 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 10:01:58 PM »
He had a top 25 class last year, I think we have done that one other time in the last 15 years

Is this grcoat the dudes that are currently endeavoring to end The Streak?

Doing it at a high level too

And in the recruiting rankings that don't factor in subsequently losing to hays, it was ranked 4th or 5th in the 10-team big 12, right?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »
I 100% respect anyone's view that they do not want oscar because they don't like his style. I find anyone's view that they do not want oscar because they want a more successful coach to be a bit absurd.

This is becoming an increasingly harder case to make.

this season doesn't count

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »
I used to be a huge kstate cats fan but now I don't care.  I guess the oscar fans won!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2020, 10:50:39 PM »
Having a historically bad The Streak-breaking season that can be excused for not counting isn't a bad way to distract from having gone 11-21 (3-15) in the last season that counts.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
He mows his own lawn, which means he’s a normal guy like me and a good basketball coach.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2020, 11:01:58 PM »
No matter what you think of his track record at Kats U., there is one indisputable fact that Broosesteppers and Never Brucers can agree on: oscar Weber is not fun. You may like his results, you may not, but there's literally no one in this fanbase who is having as much fun as they were during Frank's Frankiest moments. Would oscar Weber kiss Stanbot on the cheek and wish him a Merry Christmas? Nope.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2020, 11:30:22 PM »
On a ksu sports message board talking about how little you care  :jerk:

You all had fun during the elite 8 run

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2020, 12:20:21 AM »

yes!  more of that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2020, 12:26:47 AM »

2OT Xavier fun?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2020, 01:11:29 AM »
I 100% respect anyone's view that they do not want oscar because they don't like his style. I find anyone's view that they do not want oscar because they want a more successful coach to be a bit absurd.

This is becoming an increasingly harder case to make.

this season doesn't count

There's an extent to that as well.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »

2OT Xavier fun?
To be fair, I don't think any game in a tourney could be more fun unless the stakes were higher (FF, NC game).

That game was nuts regardless of you were a fan or not.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2020, 09:19:58 AM »
Great point, SB. oscar didn't need a double OT victory to make it to the elite 8 vs a team he had already rolled that year.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
Sure if you want to pay for prior performance and not where the program is trending. We are the worst program in the league by far and don’t appear to be getting any better.

Time to buy in when it hits bottom  :ksu:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2020, 10:13:24 AM »
Great point, SB. oscar didn't need a double OT victory to make it to the elite 8 vs a team he had already rolled that year.

True, but he did need the 1 seed to lose in a historic and unheard of upset to clear the way.

And I’m not sure if you saw this recently, but he also lost at home by 13 to a winless Fort Hays State team who had neither their head coach nor their main assistant coach.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2020, 10:35:24 AM »
No matter what you think of his track record at Kats U., there is one indisputable fact that Broosesteppers and Never Brucers can agree on: oscar Weber is not fun. You may like his results, you may not, but there's literally no one in this fanbase who is having as much fun as they were during Frank's Frankiest moments. Would oscar Weber kiss Stanbot on the cheek and wish him a Merry Christmas? Nope.

I think this is a big part of why people don't like oscar. He is about as exciting as Milk Toast.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2020, 10:36:45 AM »

I think this is a big part of why people don't like oscar. He is about as exciting as Milk Toast.
lol
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:04 AM »
It might be a mistake to infer that Frank was fun on the basis that you were having more fun. Frank's typical demeanor was acting pissed off. Also, he was abusive.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2020, 11:01:43 AM »
I wasn't a Frank fan. His demeanor and sideline bullshit rubbed me the wrong way far more than oscar's dork factor.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2020, 11:01:47 AM »
It might be a mistake to infer that Frank was fun on the basis that you were having more fun. Frank's typical demeanor was acting pissed off. Also, he was abusive.

His style of play was fun. They always played super hard and he gave players freedom and trust to make plays.

But yeah his demeanor and how he treated players was and still is a problem. I gave it a pass because his old players seemed to love him, but that obviously didn't apply to all of them. (Note I think a large portion CBB coaches are abusive shitheads, they're just smart enough to control it in front of cameras).

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »
I want a team that will chew your face off.  Barry brought some of that on his own and that made the E8 run fun.  oscar doesn’t have it and can’t instill it in his teams. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2020, 12:59:13 PM »
I want a team that will chew your face off.  Barry brought some of that on his own and that made the E8 run fun.  oscar doesn’t have it and can’t instill it in his teams. 

Selton Miguel will 100% chew your face off but general point is correct.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »

this is EXACTLY it + the illinois firing factor. no one was even talking about oscar when we announced we were hiring him.

if we had hired a young unproven coach who everyone just thought was cool as hell, i think the tone would be a lot different with the amount of success in the last 8 seasons.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »
you want him kissing dudes during a pandemic?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2020, 03:26:58 PM »
This is weird.

Maybe the apathy factor is greater here in TITLETOWN but it feels like KSO is 10x more in the angry  "fire oscar NOW" camp than gE right now.