Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 167962 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #775 on: December 16, 2021, 11:42:22 PM »
Ugh, I'm getting Grant Gregory flashbacks.

Grant Gregory is still better than the QBs on roster right now.

Fact,

And JFC, can you imagine this guy with a competent o-line and insta-post game bj's? I know Mir has swallowed lots of hats I offer another for us O/U 8.5 wins next season

It was one but was made good on a double or nothing for the CFP standings. I think he does have the potential to be very good, but I'm apprehensive about it, even with that O/U of 8.5 seems really high.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 17, 2021, 08:14:43 AM »
Ugh, I'm getting Grant Gregory flashbacks.

Grant Gregory is still better than the QBs on roster right now.

Fact,

And JFC, can you imagine this guy with a competent o-line and insta-post game bj's? I know Mir has swallowed lots of hats I offer another for us O/U 8.5 wins next season

It was one but was made good on a double or nothing for the CFP standings. I think he does have the potential to be very good, but I'm apprehensive about it, even with that O/U of 8.5 seems really high.

If they can pick up 1 or 2 competent WR, a DB or 2, and a LB 8.5 sounds about right.

QB- Good to Very Good
RB- Great
OL- Very Good
WR- Bad (right now)
TE- ??

DL- Very good
LB- Average, Green makes up for a lot
CB- below average
Saf- below average

If Klieman can find some portal guys for the defense like they did this year they could definitely have a 9+ win season. Maybe AM knows some WR that are looking for a new home?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 17, 2021, 08:35:53 AM »
How you figure our OL and DL will be “very good”
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 17, 2021, 08:43:16 AM »
How you figure our OL and DL will be “very good”

OL was pretty good this year and don't think we'll lose anyone other than Noah Johnson.(unless I'm confused on who gets another year) Riley seems to be a good OL coach.
DL returns Felix and Duke, Lose Horne but Huggins gets another year. Matlack seems to be improving + they signed the Juco DT.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 17, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »
I think our lines will be pretty much identical to this year with maybe a slight uptick at OL swapping Johnson for Panzer and Adler/Rivas for Poitier and Leingang.  The juco DL won’t be ready next year and we are going to have to get someone to replace Horne, don’t think they are on the roster right now.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 17, 2021, 08:55:01 AM »
I think our lines will be pretty much identical to this year with maybe a slight uptick at OL swapping Johnson for Panzer and Adler/Rivas for Poitier and Leingang.  The juco DL won’t be ready next year and we are going to have to get someone to replace Horne, don’t think they are on the roster right now.

thats fair. If Duke and Felix can stay healthy all year that will make a big difference.

I was pretty happy with the OL play this year, although I'm definitely not an expert and don't spend much time looking at advanced stats etc to back that up. But during gameplay there didn't seem to be massive breakdowns too often.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 17, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »

You don't think the lines were very good this year? I do.

Fireman, I think your assessment of the secondary was harsh, unless you think we won't be able to replace the pieces that are graduating this year. I thought the secondary was awesome, needed to create more turnovers but the coverage was good and they were great in run support. I think Klieman and Klanderman are starting to hit their stride and we're going to reload on defense as the young players in the program learn the system

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 17, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

Fireman, I think your assessment of the secondary was harsh, unless you think we won't be able to replace the pieces that are graduating this year. I thought the secondary was awesome, needed to create more turnovers but the coverage was good and they were great in run support. I think Klieman and Klanderman are starting to hit their stride and we're going to reload on defense as the young players in the program learn the system

I think the DL was above average, maybe 3rd or 4th best unit in the league.  Left side of our OL was very good but from Noah Johnson on over to the right, we were average at best.  Staff appears high on Leingang and he did play some tackle this year so maybe we can slide Duffie inside to play a more natural guard position.  I think the OL is trending towards elite if Riley sticks around.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 17, 2021, 12:51:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoshHayes08/status/1471924122427002883

Next season's Stubblefield, hopefully.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:29:15 PM by bucket »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 17, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »
Savage = Yeast
Hayes = stubby aka sauce boss

Not sure we have a next man up on the roster for the second safety to replace Elder/Jmac but maybe it’s Marvin “The Martian” Martin

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2021, 02:42:01 PM »

Yeah maybe a bit harsh, losing stubblefield, yeast, and mcpherson is a pretty big hit.

They certainly have a chance to be good! but they won't have a ton of starting experience coming back outside of boy-dowe

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 30, 2021, 03:55:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/ivan_pacejr/status/1476592101366374410
First team all MAC linebacker with two years left to play. His little brother is a starting linebacker for Cincinnati.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 30, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/ivan_pacejr/status/1476592101366374410
First team all MAC linebacker with two years left to play. His little brother is a starting linebacker for Cincinnati.
Would take!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 30, 2021, 04:07:58 PM »
That has to be the most stock assed k-state photo I've ever seen.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 30, 2021, 04:19:03 PM »
That has to be the most stock assed k-state photo I've ever seen.

At least it's super high quality
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 30, 2021, 04:46:08 PM »

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 30, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
Can we please get an "Incoming" and "Outgoing" Portal Kombat thread differentiator? I always get nervous when I see this thing bumped.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #792 on: December 30, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »
That's the fun of it though.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 30, 2021, 05:50:03 PM »
Can we please get an "Incoming" and "Outgoing" Portal Kombat thread differentiator? I always get nervous when I see this thing bumped.
That is what Portal Kombat is all about though.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 30, 2021, 07:48:11 PM »
Graham has been under heat for his treatment of players, almost as if the Hawaii administration didn't watch a lick of college football the last decade, how does he survive his freshman son dipping out?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 30, 2021, 08:32:59 PM »
This could be aloha to Todd and aloha to a new HC

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 03, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »
Branden Jennings, stud Maryland LB, to KSU via the portal

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 03, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »
This is why I laugh at people who cry about Klieman's recruiting rankings.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 03, 2022, 09:13:04 AM »
This is why I laugh at people who cry about Klieman's recruiting rankings.
Klieman's (and the staff's) derelict recruiting put us in a sub-optimal spot this season -- particularly at the WR position.  We weren't able to patch that spot in the portal and it really hurt us this season imo.

That said, this is a huge pickup and crosses off a big need next season (and beyond).  Big ups to CK and the staff for bringing Jennings into the fold.  Still, gotta be better at HS recruiting if we want to take the next step to be in the mix at the top of the conference.

Next year's defense is going to be a monster.  We're a player or two away from having one of the most complete defensive starting 11s we've ever had.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]