Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303337 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #1750 on: April 28, 2021, 10:26:37 PM »
I watched some of his speech tonight, and it seemed like he did well. Whoever his writers are/slash tin men oil providers are, are doing a decent job of keeping him going. Still hoping he raises our country to the next level, without focusing on dictatorship from his rubes, who want him to kill menthols.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 28, 2021, 11:07:27 PM »
They are just Kools. Read the advertising:             

"Kools. They cool the throat."

They're hardly cigarettes at all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 28, 2021, 11:35:41 PM »
Just don't ban cigars. I smoke those sometimes.

Ban cigarettes, pop, and diet pop. Also ban Burger King.
If you can't control yourself, that's on you. This is rough ridin' America, rage! You can't tell me what to do, unless I murder someone.

This also targets a very specific demographic and it's bizarre.

Errbody smokes, homie. I don't know what demographic you think this targets, but I've seen just as many green boxes of Marlboros and Newports around white people as I have seen Kools in the hood. Something that seems to bother me about smokers is that they seem to represent a high amount of litterers.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 28, 2021, 11:48:56 PM »

If you can't control yourself, that's on you. This is rough ridin' America, rage! You can't tell me what to do, unless I murder someone.

Errbody smokes, homie. I don't know what demographic you think this targets, but I've seen just as many green boxes of Marlboros and Newports around white people as I have seen Kools in the hood. Something that seems to bother me about smokers is that they seem to represent a high amount of litterers.
They also have absolutely no consideration to which way the smoke blows. I’m all for if you wanna get lung cancer or whatever but check the wind before you light up. Cross post with pet peeves thread. Smoke away but don’t just ignore who you blowing that smoke by.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 29, 2021, 05:03:43 AM »
I expected and was told that Biden’s Rona Super Team would be incredible. 

Instead it’s just another crap show.

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1387408762206670855?s=21

They did bring profound and cutting edge mitigation processes:  Wear a mask, social distance, get vaccinated.   

They’re doing a good job of following the plan that was already laid out when they got there.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: April 29, 2021, 06:00:47 AM »
Who told you that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 29, 2021, 07:02:24 AM »

Look what you guys have done
:adios:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 29, 2021, 07:32:40 AM »

They also have absolutely no consideration to which way the smoke blows. I’m all for if you wanna get lung cancer or whatever but check the wind before you light up. Cross post with pet peeves thread. Smoke away but don’t just ignore who you blowing that smoke by.

Did you know cigarette filters are made of small plastic fibers that can take up to 10 years to decompose? But yes, aside from the casting out of butts, habitual cigarette smokers generally (in my anecdotal evidence) seem to be more likely to engage in other similarly callous activity like littering and dumping out old sodas etc. in parking lots and other places people often walk.

Also ...

Here is a peer-reviewed study for MIR and Wacky about menthol cigarettes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273230014001329

Hopefully this ridiculousness doesn't contribute to more Eric Garner situations. It prob will.

Also also, nicname's dad (an idiot) is a menthol smoker. I used to steal his smokes from time-to-time in high school. Salems. Kool's are gross. Camel crush are gross. Marlboros are pretty decent. Newports are by far the best menthols imo. You ever heard of anyone buying Newport regulars? Yeah, me neither. It's like buying regular Keystone. It prob happens, but no one's ever actually witnessed it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:38:40 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #1758 on: April 29, 2021, 07:42:46 AM »

From Nic’s study, saved you a click.

Dad was a Kool Milds guy until he quit about 15 years ago.
:adios:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 29, 2021, 07:45:51 AM »

From Nic’s study, saved you a click.

Dad was a Kool Milds guy until he quit about 15 years ago.

I bet you stole loosies
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 29, 2021, 08:14:09 AM »

Yeah, I use to be a camel crush kinda guy. Just depending on the mood that day. My bad.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 29, 2021, 08:19:23 AM »

Look what you guys have done
Thank Biden, jerk!  :shakesfist:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 29, 2021, 08:47:49 AM »

It's a right wing talking point (and no offense to 420seriouscat69, but you're susceptible to these at times) that banning menthols proves that Biden is targeting blacks and is actually the real racist.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 29, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »

I must hang out with the most considerate smokers OAT because I have 4 people I know who smoke on a regular basis and all 4 are pretty good about not blowing it towards people (except one who is shorter things blowing up gets it clear of people's head but it does, but at least he tries) and they rarely if ever just chuck their butts to the ground.

That being said, I would tend to agree most smokers are just liter bugs. I also don't overly care to regulate cigs more than they are, we've reached a point where you can't do it inside, and more people are using vapes anyways, it seems to me we have it to a point where it isn't like an episode of madmen or w/e, which is fine with me.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 29, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »
An all out ban on cigarettes would probably be the biggest tax cut poor people have ever received.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 29, 2021, 09:06:06 AM »
making cigarettes illegal is a pretty bad idea.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 29, 2021, 09:07:06 AM »
I'm not really proposing it, but it makes a lot more sense than banning menthols.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 29, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
when my dad smoked, it was menthols. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #1768 on: April 29, 2021, 09:13:29 AM »
Joe Biden is a real racist and his entire career in the Senate proved that repeatedly.   His BFF in the Senate was a member of the KKK.

Only a circling the wagons nitwit would attempt to claim otherwise.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 29, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
why is he even doing this?  Did he run on this?  Has there been a huge public outcry over Trues?

It's gross and very harmful but completely legal if you are 18.  This is such a weird out of left field proposal with not a lot of justification or analysis of the unintended consequences.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: April 29, 2021, 09:22:08 AM »
I don't think a menthol ban would have any consequences at all, other than a bunch of pissed off menthol smokers having to switch brands and deciding to vote R to get their menthols back.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 29, 2021, 09:25:11 AM »

It's a right wing talking point (and no offense to 420seriouscat69, but you're susceptible to these at times) that banning menthols proves that Biden is targeting blacks and is actually the real racist.

Reality is more the possibility of “stray bullets.” The target is obv teens and new smokers, as research would show. It’s still a foolhardy idea imo. Aren’t menthols generally more dangerous than normals as well?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 29, 2021, 09:26:52 AM »
I don't think a menthol ban would have any consequences at all, other than a bunch of pissed off menthol smokers having to switch brands and deciding to vote R to get their menthols back.

Or illegal menthols.  and why is switching brands a public health goal?  This seems weird and I hate to be slippery slope guy but the magas better watch out for their vapes.

And how does this effect future booze laws? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 29, 2021, 09:27:47 AM »
Alex Oh head of enforcement at the SEC:  Out the door in less than two weeks. 

Pretty amazing that he was too swampy for the swampiest executive branch in US history.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 29, 2021, 09:31:03 AM »
https://nypost.com/2021/04/28/biden-administration-expected-to-ban-menthol-cigarettes/

"Leading members of the Congressional Black Caucus have pushed the idea. Then-caucus Chairwoman Karen Bass (D-Calif.) wrote in an op-ed last year: “As we continue to push to protect Black lives, we must put an end to one of the most pernicious destroyers of Black health and lives: deadly menthol cigarettes.”