Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303052 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden Presidency
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »
What would be the problem with paying back student loan debt if you have a regular income?  Like, I understand that it would be difficult to pay back student loans if you can't find a job after college.  But if you do find a steady job it doesn't seem that hard.  It might take a long time but what would be the problem if you're making a regular income?  It took me 13 years to pay mine back on a teachers salary (my first teaching job was in western ks and started at 32K). I guess I'm asking if this is really a problem with the job market and not specifically with student loan debt?

I think the job market overall has been pretty good. It's probably a little rough at this exact moment, but I think it will bounce back after COVID. A lot of people get degrees there has never really been a market for, and a whole lot of people also build a lot of debt and then fail to graduate.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 17, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »
Attention BidenVoter.   Please make sure your guys tries to get this corrected.   Certainly the Biden Family while being completely sold out to the CCP . . .  can at least leverage a smidgen of that tiny little piece of good will equity they hold with Xi and friends to get this stopped.   

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/916890880/we-are-shipping-to-the-u-s-china-s-fentanyl-sellers-find-new-routes-to-drug-user
He will listen to you too! You got rid of the black president, we got rid of the dumb crap, can you call that even in your book and let's bury all this division!

Some people don't understand term limits, and in perfect MIR like form, thanks for injecting skin color into the discussion.

I can assure you that the people actually running the country around that sleepy old man are going to ensure that he hears very little if any input from conservatives.
Trump doesn't understand term limits :sad:

Isn't biden talking about putting some Rs in his cabinet?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 17, 2020, 06:22:23 PM »
Attention BidenVoter.   Please make sure your guys tries to get this corrected.   Certainly the Biden Family while being completely sold out to the CCP . . .  can at least leverage a smidgen of that tiny little piece of good will equity they hold with Xi and friends to get this stopped.   

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/916890880/we-are-shipping-to-the-u-s-china-s-fentanyl-sellers-find-new-routes-to-drug-user
He will listen to you too! You got rid of the black president, we got rid of the dumb crap, can you call that even in your book and let's bury all this division!

Some people don't understand term limits, and in perfect MIR like form, thanks for injecting skin color into the discussion.

I can assure you that the people actually running the country around that sleepy old man are going to ensure that he hears very little if any input from conservatives.

We’ll have to wait and see what happens in GA.  But being a member of a political party really doesn’t mean much.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 17, 2020, 06:25:20 PM »
#waitandsee
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 17, 2020, 07:41:17 PM »
What would be the problem with paying back student loan debt if you have a regular income?  Like, I understand that it would be difficult to pay back student loans if you can't find a job after college.  But if you do find a steady job it doesn't seem that hard.  It might take a long time but what would be the problem if you're making a regular income?  It took me 13 years to pay mine back on a teachers salary (my first teaching job was in western ks and started at 32K). I guess I'm asking if this is really a problem with the job market and not specifically with student loan debt?

Were you single when you started paying that debt off, kids? $32,000 dollars a year in western Kansas is frankly a lot of money, especially for a single person, especially a decade or so, but I'm guessing you're even older than that. Most Americans, especially millennials with college loan debt, don't live where they can be comfortable with $32,000. With the COVID crisis, this is even worse. If he's going to do this, it really needs to happen soon.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 17, 2020, 07:43:35 PM »

We’ll have to wait and see what happens in GA.  But being a member of a political party really doesn’t mean much.
Ffs dax.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden Presidency
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2020, 05:03:02 AM »

Ffs dax.
Yes Phil, there’s absolutely no doubt whatsoever that ChiCom Joe is going to send Republican appointees/nominees over to Capital Hill for confirmation in front of a Dem controlled Senate. 

FFS, is absolutely correct in regards to your thought processes.   

They’re just options and there’s already substantial opposition building.

Also, in multiple cases political party membership has little to do with personal political dogma.   Apparently you’ve never heard of RINO or DINO etc. 

Simpleton.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:00:21 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »

Were you single when you started paying that debt off, kids? $32,000 dollars a year in western Kansas is frankly a lot of money, especially for a single person, especially a decade or so, but I'm guessing you're even older than that. Most Americans, especially millennials with college loan debt, don't live where they can be comfortable with $32,000. With the COVID crisis, this is even worse. If he's going to do this, it really needs to happen soon.

I got married BEFORE my 5th year of college (what a dweeb, right?). We had our first kid the year after I graduated in 2007.  Without going into detail we weren't very 'comfortable' financially for a while being married with kids so young.  Like I said it took a while because we both only able to make the minimum payment for many, many years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »

I got married BEFORE my 5th year of college (what a dweeb, right?). We had our first kid the year after I graduated in 2007.  Without going into detail we weren't very 'comfortable' financially for a while being married with kids so young.  Like I said it took a while because we both only able to make the minimum payment for many, many years.

Everything about this is so western kansas, and I don't mean that in a bad way, I love western kansas. Congrats on getting those loans paid off, it's really a great accomplishment.

The reason why this is being discussed is because it's difficult for so many people to pay them off. Only 55% of student loans get repaid, a whopping 10% of student loans become defaulted.  To put this in perspective auto loans currently have a default rate of 5%, that's a pandemic number btw, the 10% student loan default rate is prepandemic. The default rate for home loans is 7%. Student loan debt is a legit national crisis.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2020, 11:31:21 AM »

We overlapped a bit, did you play ball at the Chester E Pete?
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
I thought 33 was a lot older, interesting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
I thought 33 was a lot older, interesting
Same, but he’s an old soul...

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

Everything about this is so western kansas, and I don't mean that in a bad way, I love western kansas. Congrats on getting those loans paid off, it's really a great accomplishment.

The reason why this is being discussed is because it's difficult for so many people to pay them off. Only 55% of student loans get repaid, a whopping 10% of student loans become defaulted.  To put this in perspective auto loans currently have a default rate of 5%, that's a pandemic number btw, the 10% student loan default rate is prepandemic. The default rate for home loans is 7%. Student loan debt is a legit national crisis.

I'M NOT FROM WESTERN KS.  TOPEKA SON.  But my first teaching job was in Phillipsburg, which I consider way, way western KS.  Although some people in P-Burg considered themselves north central ks lol adorable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2020, 04:13:54 PM »

I'M NOT FROM WESTERN KS.  TOPEKA SON.  But my first teaching job was in Phillipsburg, which I consider way, way western KS.  Although some people in P-Burg considered themselves north central ks lol adorable.

:curse: not western kansas, jerk!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »
anything west of salina is basically western ks

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »
Here we go!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2020, 04:33:21 PM »

Look at this adorable mhk'r trying to pretend he doesn't live in western Kansas

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
Imagine living in Topeka and not realizing you were in western kansas

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2020, 04:39:25 PM »
Imagine living in Topeka
could've just stopped right here  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »
Salina isn’t even in the eastern part of western Kansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »
 :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
Imagine living in Topeka and not realizing you were in western kansas

Don't you dare.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
SD do Nebraskan do the western NE thing, like anything west of Lincoln?
West of Omaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2020, 10:51:15 AM »
SD do Nebraskan do the western NE thing, like anything west of Lincoln?

of course they do. what part of NY do you call any part north of westchester county?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
When I decided to go to kstate in 1999 I thought Manhattan was Western KS.  Topeka was central Kansas.