Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303087 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden Presidency
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »
It’s criminal that we are guaranteeing loans to 18-23 year old kids that they have no chance of repaying. It’s creating an artificial bubble in higher education costs and is just plain evil.

Most people repay their loans.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
As someone who has paid off their student loans I really dngaf if other people don’t have to pay off their own.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »
It’s criminal that we are guaranteeing loans to 18-23 year old kids that they have no chance of repaying. It’s creating an artificial bubble in higher education costs and is just plain evil.

Most people repay their loans.

No rational institution is loaning 150k to an 18 year old without govt backing. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »
If people were allowed to discharge their loans through bankruptcy it would force lenders to be more selective about their loans.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
Completely agree, let the market dictate the appetite for risk.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:51 AM »
Yeah, any reasonable lender would want to meet the person they are lending money to, know what their major is going to be, how much money they expect to earn post-graduation, and how they plan on repaying the loan. It would be a really good exercise for prospective students and would probably result in better life decisions overall.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »
EMAPE follows that lady.  :fatty:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »
If people were allowed to discharge their loans through bankruptcy it would force lenders to be more selective about their loans.
Which would result in fewer being able to afford college, which would force universities to decide whether to have smaller enrollments or lower prices. I don’t really see any of that as a negative.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2020, 12:36:27 PM »
I just scrolled through Kylee's profile and the kid names are exactly what you would expect, even more so for someone who would whine about student loan debt foregiveness.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »

You're completely dismissing the federal government's role this pyramid scheme. Lenders also would be more selective about giving loans if they weren't incentivized to take these lenders.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »
I'm in favor of student loan relief as long as it's part of a larger plan that reduces the cost of public education going forward. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
I'm in favor of student loan relief as long as it's part of a larger plan that reduces the cost of public education going forward.

Same. Even free technical school and community college, would be enough for me. I don't want the reforms to stop at that, those just represent my acceptable baseline.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2020, 01:17:30 PM »
Yes, that should be the absolute minimum.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2020, 01:27:22 PM »
I think we damn near have this thing whooped.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »
What happens to everyone who we've decided now don't have to be paid their earnings?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »
What happens to everyone who we've decided now don't have to be paid their earnings?

The government should cover the cost of bankruptcies. People who would rather not go bankrupt and actually own property in the near future would continue paying them.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
You BidenVoters need to make sure your K-Street stooge never listens to this guy.  If you cannot figure out why, please never associate your name with Kansas State University.

“He is likely to at least listen to the argument that, by going after Huawei, you undermine American companies by encouraging China to develop its own products instead,” said Paul Triolo, an analyst at Eurasia Group who has been in touch with the Biden transition team.
(What can Silicon Valley expect from Joe Biden?  Financial Times, 11/08/2020)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2020, 03:34:44 PM »
Attention BidenVoter.   Please make sure your guys tries to get this corrected.   Certainly the Biden Family while being completely sold out to the CCP . . .  can at least leverage a smidgen of that tiny little piece of good will equity they hold with Xi and friends to get this stopped.   

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/916890880/we-are-shipping-to-the-u-s-china-s-fentanyl-sellers-find-new-routes-to-drug-user
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:38:45 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2020, 03:39:13 PM »

Same. Even free technical school and community college, would be enough for me. I don't want the reforms to stop at that, those just represent my acceptable baseline.

Those are both ideas whose time has more than come and will honestly fix a significant portion of the traditional 4 year college problems in the process by a) providing a proper avenue for people who college is not really for, but still deserve obviously a good living working skilled labor like electricians, mechanics, etc and b) allowing more people to get gen eds who can then go onto a 4 year and good degrees in things like dental hygienists and the like. All of that will put pressure on 4 year schools to rethink their costs structures and will definitely deflate enrollment (not a bad thing per se).

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »
What would be the problem with paying back student loan debt if you have a regular income?  Like, I understand that it would be difficult to pay back student loans if you can't find a job after college.  But if you do find a steady job it doesn't seem that hard.  It might take a long time but what would be the problem if you're making a regular income?  It took me 13 years to pay mine back on a teachers salary (my first teaching job was in western ks and started at 32K). I guess I'm asking if this is really a problem with the job market and not specifically with student loan debt?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:05:01 PM by _33 »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »
That is also true with pretty much any loan that’s dischargeable in bankruptcy.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »
Attention BidenVoter.   Please make sure your guys tries to get this corrected.   Certainly the Biden Family while being completely sold out to the CCP . . .  can at least leverage a smidgen of that tiny little piece of good will equity they hold with Xi and friends to get this stopped.   

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/916890880/we-are-shipping-to-the-u-s-china-s-fentanyl-sellers-find-new-routes-to-drug-user
He will listen to you too! You got rid of the black president, we got rid of the dumb crap, can you call that even in your book and let's bury all this division!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2020, 04:53:20 PM »

He will listen to you too! You got rid of the black president, we got rid of the dumb crap, can you call that even in your book and let's bury all this division!

Some people don't understand term limits, and in perfect MIR like form, thanks for injecting skin color into the discussion.

I can assure you that the people actually running the country around that sleepy old man are going to ensure that he hears very little if any input from conservatives.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2020, 05:01:38 PM »
Bildeberg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile